• Lily

• Freya

• Klara

• Naomi

• Moon

Results are only viewable after voting.

RYOUSC

Jan 11, 2021
Haven't checked this game in a while. Will there be solo ending routes for every LI? Because I'm only interested in Sky, to be honest.

Reactions: Aria_Wolfe

Logber

Jul 29, 2018
Gonna be real here and not mince words regarding the new "mechanic":

1. As much as we want to fool ourselves, this right here is a Visual Novel, not a "game" in the basic definiton of it, so no need to turn it into something that it's clearly not. It should, however (in my opinion), be treated more like a "live" book of sorts, and much like I can leisurely read a book and form my own thoughts on my own pace, so should be the case here, not limiting me to "think fast or else" (which is plain asinine).

2. Let's hypothetically assume this is in fact a game, like you wanna call it. Take a look at the current games on the market and people's dislikes about game mechanics in general.
You want to treat this as a game, but then you go add one of the most hated and annoying mechanics in games: QTE's, and with negative consequences if you don't click the button fast enough ? come on...
(Not to mention that even then, you're not doing the QTE's "right", starting the stopwatch when you still have a whole paragraph of crap to read, clearly only meant to waste time and put more pressure on you, and not at the moment of choice, is a major dick move, furthermore, you're shooting yourself in the leg with this, making readers/players not even care/concentrate on what they are reading, but instead fast forwarding to the choice, so that the timer won't give them a bad ending.) :FacePalm:
Sorry for that little outburst, as I'm going through the opening of the chapter, it just baffles me how dumb this idea is, and you were doing so good, and then this ? It's like you didn't even think before implementing this. shame...

3. This one is short: Give me one reason why it's needed, other than to put unnecessary stress and pressure on the reader/player (whatever you wanna call us) ? (And don't give me that lame scripted excuse of "testing my reading speed, hand reflexes blah blah blah", what are you, my fitness coach or gym teacher ? Did I sign up for a physical and mental test without even knowing ?)

Side note: Don't get me wrong, I think you've got a great game on your hands, and I truly love and enjoy the story, but perhaps let's focus on more content and less about adding unwanted and unneeded features, that serve only as a detriment to this otherwise, fantastic game ? that would be awesome

Last edited:

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made a compresed Android port of My Bully is My Lover Chapter 1 Episode 2 with the walkthrough mod.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left for history and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links:

Last edited:

NiiChan

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
Gonna be real here and not mince words regarding the new "mechanic":

1. As much as we want to fool ourselves, this right here is a Visual Novel, not a "game" in the basic definiton of it, so no need to turn it into something that it's clearly not. It should, however (in my opinion), be treated more like an "advanced" book, and much like I can leisurely read a book and form my own thoughts on my own pace, so should be the case here, not limiting me to "think fast or else" (which is plain asinine).

2. Let's hypothetically assume this is in fact a game, like you wanna call it. Take a look at the current games on the market and people's dislikes about game mechanics in general.
You want to treat this as a game, but then you go add one of the most hated and annoying mechanics in games: QTE's, and with negative consequences if you don't click the button fast enough ? come on...
(Not to mention that even then, you're not doing the QTE's "right", starting the stopwatch when you still have a whole paragraph of crap to read, clearly only meant to waste time and put more pressure on you, and not at the moment of choice, is a major dick move, furthermore, you're shooting yourself in the leg with this, making readers/players not even care/concentrate on what they are reading, but instead fast forwarding to the choice, so that the timer won't give them a bad ending.) :FacePalm:
Sorry for that little outburst, as I'm going through the opening of the chapter, it just baffles me how dumb this idea is, and you were doing so good, and then this ? It's like you didn't even think before implementing this. shame...

3. This one is short: Give me one reason why it's needed, other than to put unnecessary stress and pressure on the reader/player (whatever you wanna call us) ? (And don't give me that lame scripted excuse of "testing my reading speed, hand reflexes blah blah blah", what are you, my fitness coach or gym teacher ? Did I sign up for a physical and mental test without even knowing ?)

Side note: Don't get me wrong, I think you've got a great game on your hands, and I truly love and enjoy the story, but perhaps let's focus on more content and less about adding unwanted and unneeded features, that serve only as a detriment to this otherwise, fantastic game ? that would be awesome
Firstly, thank you for your passionate and honest feedback. We greatly value our players' opinions, as they enable us to continuously enhance the experience we offer.

1. Your point about the "Visual Novel" genre is well-taken. We understand that the inherent value of our game lies in its story and the immersion it offers, rather than quick-paced action or reflexive responses. Our intent with the time-sensitive mechanic was to explore a potential layer of engagement and urgency, however, we recognize that this approach may not resonate with every player's preferences and it may deviate from the primary focus of our game.

2. We understand your frustration with Quick Time Events (QTEs), especially if they disrupt the reading flow or narrative immersion. We hoped that these would add an element of surprise and challenge, yet we can see how they can be viewed as an interruption or even a source of anxiety. Regarding the time management of the QTEs, your feedback provides important insights and we appreciate the call to review the timing placement.

3. The intent behind the new mechanic was to introduce a sense of spontaneity and unpredictability, enhancing the feeling of being part of a dynamic, evolving story. However, we understand that the added stress and pressure may not align with the relaxing, introspective experience many of our players seek.

The points you raise are completely valid, and we're grateful that you've highlighted these issues to us. Player enjoyment is at the heart of our development philosophy, so feedback like yours is instrumental in steering our direction.

We want to assure you that we take your feedback very seriously and will take it into account as we review this mechanic and our future development plans. Our primary focus remains to create a rich narrative experience, and we are dedicated to improving our game in alignment with this core vision.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback, and we hope that you will continue to enjoy the story we are building.

NiiChan

Sep 3, 2020
Firstly, thank you for your passionate and honest feedback. We greatly value our players' opinions, as they enable us to continuously enhance the experience we offer.

1. Your point about the "Visual Novel" genre is well-taken. We understand that the inherent value of our game lies in its story and the immersion it offers, rather than quick-paced action or reflexive responses. Our intent with the time-sensitive mechanic was to explore a potential layer of engagement and urgency, however, we recognize that this approach may not resonate with every player's preferences and it may deviate from the primary focus of our game.

2. We understand your frustration with Quick Time Events (QTEs), especially if they disrupt the reading flow or narrative immersion. We hoped that these would add an element of surprise and challenge, yet we can see how they can be viewed as an interruption or even a source of anxiety. Regarding the time management of the QTEs, your feedback provides important insights and we appreciate the call to review the timing placement.

3. The intent behind the new mechanic was to introduce a sense of spontaneity and unpredictability, enhancing the feeling of being part of a dynamic, evolving story. However, we understand that the added stress and pressure may not align with the relaxing, introspective experience many of our players seek.

The points you raise are completely valid, and we're grateful that you've highlighted these issues to us. Player enjoyment is at the heart of our development philosophy, so feedback like yours is instrumental in steering our direction.

We want to assure you that we take your feedback very seriously and will take it into account as we review this mechanic and our future development plans. Our primary focus remains to create a rich narrative experience, and we are dedicated to improving our game in alignment with this core vision.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback, and we hope that you will continue to enjoy the story we are building.

NiiChan
and it's extra hard on me because I have a reading disability

in fact, if I don't use the self-voicing option I can't play it

So reading quickly is not an option for me

PrimaPower

Oct 15, 2022
Just finished the update and WOW. This one was a banger. Truly thought every bit of it was the gold standard for an AVN. Meaningful character development, incredible renders, jaw dropping scenes, and lovely heartwarming moments between the MC and all the LIs.

That being said, the "QTE" system was one that I thought was a bit shocking and kind of a miss imo. I appreciate the idea of trying to implement new ways of integrating the players into the game and making the decisions feel that much more important, but the timer was a no go from me. I think it makes it hard for the player to appreciate the dialogue that you all work so hard to set up for us (especially if these are meant for extremely important decisions). I think an alternative way of conveying to the player that a decision is really important would be to simply use tense or drama inducing music. Something that really stands out and makes the player realize "oh shit, this is important" and then they have the time to truly think about the decision that they are going to make. Not trying to put you down NiiChan, just wanted to share my feedback for you guys. This is one of my top 5 favorite AVNs and I only see it getting better from here on out.

Overall NiiChan has done it yet again. I'm more than happy. Already counting the days down to Episode 3.

NiiChan

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
Updated links.

DOWNLOADS:
WIN/LIN: -
MAC: -
ANDROID: -

PATCH(WIN/LIN & MAC ONLY): [(Emma's Solo Ending) to (Chapter 1 - Episode 2)]
WIN/LIN: -
MAC: -

Changelog:
- Removed QTE

Dantethedarkone

Oct 24, 2017
Damn NiiChan, I followed the Emmy story line and it was a real deal tear jerker. Absolutely brilliant story telling here. Although that scene with Leah giving Em the note after her shower (Not spoiling anything) was a real sucker punch in the feels.

Love this VN

Reactions: OEJ and bacienvu88
4.20 star(s) 143 Votes