Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
then there is a mistake somewhere with me. I can not ask anything more. and you do not compliment either.
Because you have to start studying first. You have to give her questline a start before the option to compliment shows up. Talk with her about what is required to raise intelligence and what books you need for that. She'll give you the books and her options will change then.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
So first solve the memory game completely?
No need to. If you don't wanna raise Intellect (or cheated it) you don't have to. You only had to unlock the option because along with it came other options. Now you can compliment Anna and ask her about being lonely in the library.

Daywalker008

Sep 29, 2017
No need to. If you don't wanna raise Intellect (or cheated it) you don't have to. You only had to unlock the option because along with it came other options. Now you can compliment Anna and ask her about being lonely in the library.

Something is wrong with my game. After learning, I can not compliment her, if I click on compliment everything is empty.
So there is no option to go further. at ask exactly the same. I can only give her chocolate.

Brokenbob

Aug 16, 2017
Has anyone else gotten this error with 5.1ex?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/library.rpy", line 119, in script
TypeError: display_say() got an unexpected keyword argument 'advance'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/library.rpy", line 119, in script
  File "K:\Games\My Cute Cousin\My_cute_cousin-0.5.1ex-win\renpy\ast.py", line 613, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
  File "K:\Games\My Cute Cousin\My_cute_cousin-0.5.1ex-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1147, in say
    who(what, interact=interact)
  File "K:\Games\My Cute Cousin\My_cute_cousin-0.5.1ex-win\renpy\character.py", line 877, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "K:\Games\My Cute Cousin\My_cute_cousin-0.5.1ex-win\renpy\character.py", line 716, in do_display
    **display_args)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
 0.5.1ex
I get it every time the girl in the library goes to talk. I can click ignore and it moves on as if everything is fine until she goes to talk again. This is on a fresh new game and I have gotten as far as her first button is undone. Any thoughts? I am ready to redownload it just to see if there is a difference, but figured I would ask here.

I should mention that the error changes based off of what line she is supposed to say. For example this is the one that comes up after I ask her to tell me about the first book.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/library.rpy", line 310, in script

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/library.rpy", line 310, in script
  File "K:\Games\My Cute Cousin\My_cute_cousin-0.5.1ex-win\renpy\ast.py", line 613, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
  File "K:\Games\My Cute Cousin\My_cute_cousin-0.5.1ex-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1147, in say
    who(what, interact=interact)
  File "K:\Games\My Cute Cousin\My_cute_cousin-0.5.1ex-win\renpy\character.py", line 877, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "K:\Games\My Cute Cousin\My_cute_cousin-0.5.1ex-win\renpy\character.py", line 716, in do_display
    **display_args)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
 0.5.1ex
And I just found out that it stops me from progressing at all with her. I can get by clicking ignore but once it gets to the spot where she starts jerking you for the first time it just goes on forever, no text, no options, nothing just continues on till you close the game completely. Can't even get to the menus. So that kind of sucks.

Unless someone has an idea of what I can do, I will have to wait for 0.6. Oh and I did download it again and unzipped it again and wiped out its Ren'Py folder in appdata and still same thing.

SuperSmash

Sep 5, 2017
im having a problem with barbras mom, i read the walkthrough and it says that after i enter dicks laptop i get the objective to spy on the boss but nothing hapens, i can only see pictures but none of the messages, what am i doing wrong??

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
im having a problem with barbras mom, i read the walkthrough and it says that after i enter dicks laptop i get the objective to spy on the boss but nothing hapens, i can only see pictures but none of the messages, what am i doing wrong??
After spying Barbara's mom with Dick using the upgraded drone, you can't do nothing more for this task in this update.

SuperSmash

Sep 5, 2017
After you have spied on Barbara's mom with Dick using the upgraded drone, you can't do nothing more for this task in this update.
thats the problem i cant, ive done everything but spy on her. the only spy options i get are cousins bedroom or barbaras pool.

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
thats the problem i cant, ive done everything but spy on her. the only spy options i get are cousins bedroom or barbaras pool.
I don't remember now if this is related, but after you took a photo of Barbara's mom in the office click on the photos on her desk. Go to Barbara in the afternoon. Then try again to spy on them at night.

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
There should be like a FAQS on the first post because there are so many repeating questions that have been answered.
Believe me, I totally agree with you. :)
The fact is that in this game, in some case, even if you do all the right choices, a simple mistake can compromise a save.
I had a lot of problems myself in the early versions.
That said your suggestion is truly valid, but I doubt that could solve the problem you have pointed out.
I mean, there is already a "search" function, but..
Anyway, a sticky post with the computer password would be very useful. :coldsweat:

SuperSmash

Sep 5, 2017
I don't remember now if this is related, but after you took a photo of Barbara's mom in the office click on the photos on her desk. Go to Barbara in the afternoon. Then try again to spy on them at night.
yea i already did that, i had to do it to get the librarian back (forgot her name) ive even accessed dicks computer multiple times, do i have to read the messages or do i just have to look at a specific photo??

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
yea i already did that, i had to do it to get the librarian back (forgot her name) ive even accessed dicks computer multiple times, do i have to read the messages or do i just have to look at a specific photo??
Seriously, I have no idea. Upload your save, if you want. I'll take a look.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
There should be like a FAQS on the first post because there are so many repeating questions that have been answered.
Lazy people won't even read the post before their own and can't use search to save their lives, how do you expect them to find that???

Reactions: SoulStealer
3.40 star(s) 172 Votes