VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Daughter's Plaything [Ch. 1] [KimmiChan]

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
Because turning a blind eye to plagiarism discredits all of us... Have you not seen the comments here about the "great writing"? Or the donation link in the OP?... Those are why it matters.

So far people are just pointing out that we know. So if KimmiChan is legit, if the project is sanctioned, it's really easy to just update the website and this thread. Give the proper credit and links to the original author, make it clear that this is an interpretive rather than original work, all that good stuff... Job done, everyone's happy.

But looking at the website there are some good reasons to suspect that's not what's going on here...
Again though....What does that have to do with members here? That would be between them. I have downloaded and played and to me it's a very well written game. Can say all you wanted about plagiarism but I don't see "Donar" tags on peoples names so I'm guessing it's all been downloaded from here and not paid for. That now puts you in the tag of "Piracy"

Kyril87

Mar 29, 2018
Again though....What does that have to do with members here? That would be between them. I
Precisely!

On a site that has a large component of piracy it seems a little odd to be taking the high moral ground on the issue of plagiarism -- or most other issues, for that matter. Plagiarism is a heinous academic sin (much worse than mere professional incompetence) but it shouldn't carry much weight in the world of pirates

It's fair enough to criticise Kimmichan for the quality of his/her work or failing to deliver on promises.

What I see is an interesting plot with a coherent storyline. Thanks to My Daughter's Dildo we know that there is a beginning, middle and end. This is more than can be said for a lot of the offerings here. The graphics aren't brilliant, but still give life to the story. All in all, this is a pretty creditable first effort.

joshrip

Dec 21, 2017
Really well done adaptation of the fanfic; terrific renders for a new dev. Can't wait for the next chapter!

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
oh @KimmiChan just note "adaptation" and made sure most here stop crying. Seriously I don't care this isn't him who wrote this. He make the renders, choose their assets, coding etc... 70% of games now is totally shit (always the same characters / many bugs / save don't work on the new uptade / devs who abandoned games or release small cheat every 6 months etc...) but this game is pretty interesting and i hope dev don’t abandon because some person here feel offense about copyright while we are on a forum who share free game...

Reactions: morphnet and Ed B

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
Precisely!

On a site that has a large component of piracy it seems a little odd to be taking the high moral ground on the issue of plagiarism -- or most other issues, for that matter. Plagiarism is a heinous academic sin (much worse than mere professional incompetence) but it shouldn't carry much weight in the world of pirates

It's fair enough to criticise Kimmichan for the quality of his/her work or failing to deliver on promises.

What I see is an interesting plot with a coherent storyline. Thanks to My Daughter's Dildo we know that there is a beginning, middle and end. This is more than can be said for a lot of the offerings here. The graphics aren't brilliant, but still give life to the story. All in all, this is a pretty creditable first effort.
My thoughts exactly :) Nicely said :)

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
Again though....What does that have to do with members here?
Precisely!
Whatever you do,

If you don't care that's fine; you do you... But it's clearly information that members here deserve to know when we're discussing the game; and the more you guys keep arguing that we should just keep this a within a naive little bubble, the more you actually just streisand the whole thing.

greeto332

Nov 30, 2017
The story is perfect. The renders are good, but would like longer and smoother animations + more angles of view on the hot shots. 10x to the dev, appreciate he shares here.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
Whatever you do,

If you don't care that's fine; you do you... But it's clearly information that members here deserve to know when we're discussing the game; and the more you guys keep arguing that we should just keep this a within a naive little bubble, the more you actually just streisand the whole thing.
It's not information though it's gossip and speculation.

information
/ɪnfəˈmeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: information
  1. 1.
    facts provided or learned about something or someone.
    "a vital piece of information"
    synonyms:details, particulars, facts, figures
no facts no information :)

Reactions: Ed B

camoway

May 15, 2017
The models are great but the lighting game engine is very dated compared to other works out. BUT this was a crazy accurate and feasible storyline that was very well executed. story 10/10 models 10/10 lighting /rendering engine and textures 3/10

Reactions: greeto332

lucifuge1973

May 7, 2018
Whatever you do,

I think it's more about the fact it's a place where piracy is the main source for the releases. So people come here to play games that have been actually been stolen (Not all of course but this is a pirating site.That has been established). Which to me is the biggest form of plagiarism their is. Everything else is just a derivative of. So coming here and not have a problem stealing a game (or playing a stolen game) is okay. But a dev copying someone else's game is UNFORGIVABLE. I think that just seems hypocritical to most people here. It's like going to a drug dealer to buy weed but being right pissed when you find out he sells coke to your friends. "He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw rocks" type of deal. To me that part is very true and something I try to do personally and have passed that belief on to my children..... but society, as a whole, are judgemental as fuck. To some it's just survival instinct. Sometimes it's easier to bring up others wrongdoings then have to deal with our own shit we shouldn't be doing. Some people don't even know they doing it and are just so sad they just do it to make themselves feel better for their own shitty lives. Then some people are just fucking assholes. If every one was a bit less judgemental then the world would be a better place. I don't see that changing, not in the near future, anyway. In the meantime if you are going to judge someone you better be able to account for your own actions. If you can't be accountable for your own then maybe you should keep your voice down when asking others to be accountable for theirs. Just my thoughts on the matter. My apologies for the off topic post. Kind regards Vern

TL;DR I think what some are trying to get at is....Shut the fuck up and stop judging other peoples business unless you wanna be questioned and judged yourself

Reactions: pim0

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
He don’t stole game or copy existing one, just adapted a fanfic, a story in a RenPy game.

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
It's not information though it's gossip and speculation.
There's actually no speculation at all about the nature of the works. We have them both. Anyone can compare them.

The only speculation is being offered in regard to the motivation, and that's perfectly reasonable to speculate on given the evidence. And again, if KimmiChan is legit they could literally clear all of this up within 5 minutes flat... I'd love nothing more than to post a mea culpa.

I think it's more about the fact it's a place where piracy is the main source for the releases.
Yep, we all do at least one bad thing (the piracy) and we should all be prepared to own that... I do.

But it doesn't mean that everyone should be free to do absolutely any bad thing they can think of on the site, right? We constantly need to be self-reflective, and we constantly need to keep having this conversation about the boundaries that we do set.

Personally I think this is a boundary worth discussing... Piracy in this context would be the equivalent of say, credit card fraud. But then the plagiarism would be more comparable to identity theft... They're both bad, but they're not equivalent.

Shut the fuck up and stop judging other peoples business unless you wanna be questioned and judged yourself
And I'm perfectly happy to be questioned and judged; hell I'll happily debate the ethics of how I conduct myself with anyone who wants... So, I'm good to continue?

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
There's actually no speculation at all about the nature of the works. We have them both. Anyone can compare them.

The only speculation is being offered in regard to the motivation, and that's perfectly reasonable to speculate on given the evidence. And again, if KimmiChan is legit they could literally clear all of this up within 5 minutes flat... I'd love nothing more than to post a mea culpa.

Yep, we all do at least one bad thing (the piracy) and we should all be prepared to own that... I do.

But it doesn't mean that everyone should be free to do absolutely any bad thing they can think of on the site, right? We constantly need to be self-reflective, and we constantly need to keep having this conversation about the boundaries that we do set.

Personally I think this is a boundary worth discussing... Piracy in this context would be the equivalent of say, credit card fraud. But then the plagiarism would be more comparable to identity theft... They're both bad, but they're not equivalent.

And I'm perfectly happy to be questioned and judged; hell I'll happily debate the ethics of how I conduct myself with anyone who wants... So, I'm good to continue?
The speculation has nothing to do with motivation (please refer to definition below) the speculation raised here was in regards to whether or not kimmi had received permission or a go ahead from dirtymind and again i state it is none of our business. If someone is really curious they can google dirtymind and contact them directly to get the answer, if they then feel so offended or dirtymind is unhappy they ( the person/s in question or dirtymind himself) can contact the mods on this site and request the game be removed and the thread deleted.

Telling a group of strangers that created neither of the works does not accomplish anything except for causing the thread to be filled with off topic discussion on the origins of the game and not the game itself or it's quality.

As for kimmi not replying to the question, i would not reply either in an open forum if i were in his shoes as it would as stated above lead to more off topic posts.

Remember we are given access to these games here and im sure the dev that post here would like feed back but they are under no obligation to answer to us, whether it be as to why they add / remove characters, how they write their story or where they got it from.

if anyone is sooo upset by the game being posted here go to dirtymind get your answer leave the rest of us to enjoy discussing the game itself.

motivation
/məʊtɪˈveɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: motivation; plural noun: motivations
  1. 1.
    a reason or reasons for acting or behaving in a particular way.
    "escape can be a strong motivation for travel"

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
if they then feel so offended or dirtymind is unhappy they ( the person/s in question or dirtymind himself) can contact the mods on this site and request the game be removed and the thread deleted.
Noone is arguing for the thread to be removed, that's just your own straw-boogyman.

As for kimmi not replying to the question, i would not reply either in an open forum if i were in his shoes as it would as stated above lead to more off topic posts.
He doesn't need to reply here at all, he just needs to credit the original author. I mean, that could be as simple as small change on his website for the game. No exposure or argument necessary.

leave the rest of us to enjoy discussing the game itself.
Who's stopping you? Instead of spending your time trying to stop us from discussing the game's dubious authorship you could already have been waxing lyrical about how much you love the renders, or characters or music or whatever. You just seem to want to focus on this more.

Reactions: proximus

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Great start to a game for sure hoping for more the model can use some work but not complaining I'll take what I'm giving :devilish::devilish::devilish:
just hoping for more updates for this game tyvm

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes