• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
is there any scene gallery mod for this game??
Not yet. I want to integrate a gallery into the game, but haven't done it yet.

Edit: I want to do something different than the usual lewd gallery, so you can follow the whole story for a specific girl, with all possible branches. I need to study a lot (both Ren'py and the script) so that it doesn't come out as a huge piece of crap.

Last edited:

Omni752

Feb 17, 2022
Not yet. I want to integrate a gallery into the game, but haven't done it yet.

Edit: I want to do something different than the usual lewd gallery, so you can follow the whole story for a specific girl, with all possible branches. I need to study a lot (both Ren'py and the script) so that it doesn't come out as a huge piece of crap.
All the best for your work bro. Hope you finish it soon,

May 27, 2017
TropecitaGames, hey, I'm liking the VN so far! Even though they're all on the leaner side, the girls look good. Could use more variety in body types, but that's just my preference.

I only have one complaint- I don't like Scarlett's new hairstyle. No one needed a new hairstyle, their original styles looked good enough. Scarlett's new hairdo covers her face too much, makes her head look too big and gives it an odd shape. I think she is cute, but the new hair puts me off big time, almost makes me want to avoid her completely, and I never skip any LI in any Harem game.

In a game full of beautiful and unique models, having one girl's hairstyle suddenly changed and that too not for the better, is quite jarring and off-putting. I don't usually ask devs to compromise on their creative vision, but you could you please change her hair to her original look from the beginning of the game, or at least the style she adopted for the club night? You don't have to go back and change any old renders, you could just change hair back in the next update, and she could always give a reason for wanting to change back to her old style, all without breaking player immersion.

Much appreciated, cheers! (y)

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
TropecitaGames, hey, I'm liking the VN so far! Even though they're all on the leaner side, the girls look good. Could use more variety in body types, but that's just my preference.

I only have one complaint- I don't like Scarlett's new hairstyle. No one needed a new hairstyle, their original styles looked good enough. Scarlett's new hairdo covers her face too much, makes her head look too big and gives it an odd shape. I think she is cute, but the new hair puts me off big time, almost makes me want to avoid her completely, and I never skip any LI in any Harem game.

In a game full of beautiful and unique models, having one girl's hairstyle suddenly changed and that too not for the better, is quite jarring and off-putting. I don't usually ask devs to compromise on their creative vision, but you could you please change her hair to her original look from the beginning of the game, or at least the style she adopted for the club night? You don't have to go back and change any old renders, you could just change hair back in the next update, and she could always give a reason for wanting to change back to her old style, all without breaking player immersion.

Much appreciated, cheers! (y)
Hi Praxxxus, I'm glad you are liking My Dorm. About the body types, I don't think Samantha or Norah qualify as "lean"

About Scarlett's new hairstyle, some days ago I answered the same question
The original hairstyle had a technical problem. It left black lines on her forehead in 20% of the renders, depending on the forehead frown, that I had to erase with photoshop because her model is a little bit tweaked with respect to the original Daz3D model. That hairstyle was giving me a lot of problems and I decided to change it. The QC department (my wife) loved it, and some other players have said they also prefer the new one.
I prefer her eyes to be more visible, as she loses a bit of expressiveness with the bangs covering them. At some point in the future I'll change her hairstyle to something "more adult" and she'll go with the new hairstyle or the one she wears now depending on the occasion.
The "more adult" hairstyle I was referencing is the one she wore at the Twins.

She has to have a reason to change it (and time to do it). The Truth or Dare night, the MC said this new hairstyle suited her, so she will keep it for a while. She will change it for comfort reasons for a future scene and the MC will praise her. From then on she will alternate the Twins and the Shaggy, wearing the shaggy hairstyle less and less as she feels more adult. Here the pace of her lessons will be important.

Once the MC told her that the shaggy hairstyle looked better on her, there would be no point in her going back to the original given her eagerness to please the MC.

I hope this compromise suits you. I am not a lover of the new hairstyle and I am happy with this solution... Damn! I thought it myself, how could I not be happy with it! ;)

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
One year ago, on October 26th, 2021, I turned 49 years old. That day I decided to start writing the story that would become My Dorm.

One year later, I can't be more satisfied that I made that decision. It has been a year in which many things have happened: the first months of writing a lot, learning a bit of Ren'py, and dusting off my knowledge of Daz3D (the last time I had done something Genesis had just been released). Then starting translating the ideas I had written into dialogues and images was an adventure.

A little more than 6 months after that day came the first release, on April 29th, and with that publication came the fear of how it would be received; also came the first mistakes, the first criticisms, the first praises, and, to my surprise, the first Patrons. And the learning process in which I am still immersed continued.

Then came the most important thing for me during these months. Dealing with all of you, allowing My Dorm to improve as a game and me to improve as a developer. I have laughed a lot with some of your comments and it has served me as an outlet when I was stuck in some scenes. THANK YOU.

Today Martha has come to greet me on my 50th birthday and to ask me on behalf of the girls if I will still be here in a year's time. How can I say no? The intention is to be here for as long as you will let me. She has asked me to buy candles for next year, she didn't have any at home.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for this journey, or I could say the beginning of this journey. It would not be possible without you.

Last edited:

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
Happy birthday TropecitaGames, and thanks for this awesome visual novel. It's still on early development, but so far has been pretty good to play. I know it isn't easy for devs, as they always have to deal with people that can't be pleased in any way and can be harsh with their reviews or comments in the threat, but I hope you can keep been motivated with your work.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: TropecitaGames

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Happy birthday TropecitaGames, and thanks for this awesome visual novel. It's still on early development, but so far has been pretty good to play. I know it isn't easy for devs, as they always have to deal with people that can't be pleased in any way and can be harsh with their reviews or comments in the threat, but I hope you can keep been motivated with your work.
Thanks The Senior Perv.
Dealing with the players' opinions is one of the best things this journey has. I know I can't please everyone (not even the Iberian ham has accomplished it) and criticism is the way to improve as a dev. Sometimes I've ranted or vented my frustration with some comments, but it only motivates me to get better; perhaps when I turn 60 I am good at this ;)
As someone wiser than me said: "Whoa to you when you’re not getting criticized."

Happy birthday dev!
Thanks, sakuyas_mmaster !
Happy birthday , and best wishes :geek:
Thanks, masterdc1976 !
Häppi Burst day Tropi :ROFLMAO:

Congratulations on surviving the 40's.
I have that still ahead of me, and closer than I'd like ...
Thanks, Brannon !
The 40s were easy after my shitty teens; it's not easy being the fat guy in high school, and I didn't lose weight at college as the MC did ;) .
Although everything can be improved, I can't complain about where I am right now.

Reactions: The Senior Perv

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
As I said congratulations.

I personally had a crappy childhood, crappy teens, crappy early adulthood, ...
I'm not looking exactly forward towards februrary :cautious:

Reactions: TropecitaGames

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
As I said congratulations.

I personally had a crappy childhood, crappy teens, crappy early adulthood, ...
I'm not looking exactly forward towards februrary :cautious:
Don't worry, things only can improve; do your best and sooner rather than later they will do

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a GREAT one!
Thanks junior366 ! It has been a great one with quality time with the family :)

Rend77

Sep 26, 2020
hello...
i love the game and the story and was waiting for it but when i downloaded
My Dorm [v0.6.0a]
and wanted to play it but when i reach Martinez morning Run the game starts errors without a stop
1666814393257.png

whats wrong why did this happen i did not add any files to the game how can i play without errors?
thanks

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
hello...
i love the game and the story and was waiting for it but when i downloaded
My Dorm [v0.6.0a]
and wanted to play it but when i reach Martinez morning Run the game starts errors without a stop
View attachment 2126435

whats wrong why did this happen i did not add any files to the game how can i play without errors?
thanks
It's a reported bug, in this post
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-dorm-v0-6-0a-tropecita-games.115549/post-9219581
You can find the patch that solves it
Sorry about the inconvenience

Reactions: Rend77
4.10 star(s) 95 Votes