v556

Nov 2, 2022
Our way of answering a phone call can be considered rude in other countries, but it's so ingrained in our minds that I did not think about changing it in the translation. We answer by saying "Tell me" (with the formal treatment "dígame" instead of the informal "dime" if you don't know who is calling), or directly saying "Yes?", on rare occasions we say "Hello, who are you?" and it's not considered rude, as is the other person who should introduce himself. Very old people can even answer by saying "¿Aló?", a word that didn't exist in Spanish and was used exclusively to answer the phone.
We never introduce ourselves, the caller should know who s/he is calling.
Or you can go old school Lily Tomlin:

:ROFLMAO:

Xathras

Feb 3, 2020
Our way of answering a phone call can be considered rude in other countries, but it's so ingrained in our minds that I did not think about changing it in the translation. We answer by saying "Tell me" (with the formal treatment "dígame" instead of the informal "dime" if you don't know who is calling), or directly saying "Yes?", on rare occasions we say "Hello, who are you?" and it's not considered rude, as is the other person who should introduce himself. Very old people can even answer by saying "¿Aló?", a word that didn't exist in Spanish and was used exclusively to answer the phone.
We never introduce ourselves, the caller should know who s/he is calling.
I simply don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number or are not expecting a call at that time.

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I simply don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number or are not expecting a call at that time.
Remember I am an old man. I was answering calls before number recognition was a thing. ;)
We still have a lot of landlines at home even if we are the country with more cell phones per capita (collateral damage of how the internet was commercialized in Spain) and not all the phones have a screen (5 of 6 at home have one), so sometimes we are forced to answer a call without knowing who the caller is.

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
Remember I am an old man. I was answering calls before number recognition was a thing. ;)
We still have a lot of landlines at home even if we are the country with more cell phones per capita (collateral damage of how the internet was commercialized in Spain) and not all the phones have a screen (5 of 6 at home have one), so sometimes we are forced to answer a call without knowing who the caller is.
Your step son should feel very proud to have you, very positive and wholesome, but please.. don't punish him too hard when he does something wrong is all i ask :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm pretty sure I'm in your age range, and I gave up answering unlisted (in my contacts) numbers years ago. If they aren't spam, they'll leave a message or text me and tell me who they are.

Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Sounds to me you're just not trying enough :p
How do you punish without TV the guy who is paying for our Amazon Prime subscription? :ROFLMAO:

I'm pretty sure I'm in your age range, and I gave up answering unlisted (in my contacts) numbers years ago. If they aren't spam, they'll leave a message or text me and tell me who they are.
I do that on my mobile, but I always answer the landline. Most of the "official calls" (doctors, taxes, etc.) call to the landline.

SHE was lovely in that movie.
Ginger Power.

Peace :)
Possibly her most lovely movie

im 34, ive never stopped watching cartoons
I'm 50. I've never stopped also, but he pays for Amazon Prime. It's he who can punish me. ;)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, I may have just missed this discussion, but I feel the need to address an elephant in the Dorm ...

At one point, I vaguely remember a comment about the MC not getting enough sun at college, but until the new students arrived, I'd have sworn the only people darker than him are Samantha, Simone and Jamall (Maybe Alexia is close) ... and that includes all the absent family members.

Since I'm playing the family version, is there some dark secret mom (I won't say the name) hasn't shared?

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Okay, I may have just missed this discussion, but I feel the need to address an elephant in the Dorm ...

At one point, I vaguely remember a comment about the MC not getting enough sun at college, but until the new students arrived, I'd have sworn the only people darker than him are Samantha, Simone and Jamall (Maybe Alexia is close) ... and that includes all the absent family members.

Since I'm playing the family version, is there some dark secret mom (I won't say the name) hasn't shared?
He has chameleonic skin. Trying to get the correct tone for him is hard, although I'm getting the trick in the last couple of updates, I even overcompensated in a scene in the next update and he's a bit pale.
The "not getting enough sun at college" (it happened in the first pool scene, Scarlett's introduction) was my way to say he studied far north (later established he studied at Portland).

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
v.0.9 preview of a discarded animation
You know I've been working on improving my animations, and this is one of the ones I made for v.0.9B (yes, the last scene, the one I was keeping secret, is with Erika).
In the end, it's an animation that has been discarded because it didn't fit with the general mood of the scene, but as the work is done, I want to share it with you. It was an animation in three parts that in the end will not make it to the game. Here you have the links to the three parts. The slapping was going to be repeatable.

By the way, Erika's scene has almost as many renders as a normal update by itself. 808 (so far) of which 695 are animated frames distributed in 10 animations (between 41 and 201 frames per animation).

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes