xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
to be fair, I didn't take his post as complaining he was quite cool actually, he told us his impresion, and expressed respectfull his opinion (you as well my friend) , we had to read really bad complains, on the edge of Trolling, I'm kind of happy that this thread is wholesome and we can exchange our opinions ,

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Not going to lie, the new girls weren't exactly what I was expecting...
View attachment 2571373
Lisa's model is cute and stacked, just needs a spanking but the other girls....
Debbie seems very...manish. I don't know if it's the face combined with the flatchest and manish proportions.
Kate has a cute face but is obviously a bbw, not my thing but hey, some people might like.
Kim... how do I put this. I have seen Vitiligo used well in other vn's (stranded in space) but the pattern here is just... off-putting. She looks like she wasn't fully rendered rather then has a legit disease. I like her character so far but looking at her face bothers the crap out of me.

I am just kinda blown away considering every other girl in this vn is absolutely gorgeous, why the creative choice to go this way with the students? Are they not meant to be LI's?

Bear in mind, I've loved this VN up until this point, each of the girls have been lovely and I've adored knocking up as many as I can, I'm just a little bewildered by these choices...
I don't share your views, but, for the sake of this conversation, let's roll with it.

Lisa surprises for having the worst personality in the game (for the females), contrasting heavily with her looks.

The same goes for her sister, that with a rather less feminine figure, is the sweetest and more agreeable of the lot.

Kate is the type of girl that couldn't matter less what she looks like, she'll be a GREAT friend (hopefully more) because that is her character.

Kim, I can see that her peculiarity strikes some of you has weird, but, all I can see is a very, very brave girl with a stunning figure.

To be honest, this move by Tropecita, to create and incorporate girls that stand out of the traditional beauty standards enhances this game. Instead of drop dead gorgeous 100% perfect male fantasies he gives us girls like those we can find on the street (except Kim).

Maybe, after a while, you'll be able to see their true persons and find a way to understand their beauty.

Peace :)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
to be fair, I didn't take his post as complaining he was quite cool actually, he told us his impresion, and expressed respectfull his opinion (you as well my friend) , we had to read really bad complains, on the edge of Trolling, I'm kind of happy that this thread is wholesome and we can exchange our opinions ,
If he hadn't said "up until this point ..." I might not have been "triggered" but that phrase just irritates me now.

Reactions: Trope95

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
To be fair I don't think they are particularly attractive either...

The bitchy one and the one that looks like choco-vanilla yoghurt are decent I guess... the rest meh... I hope they are avoidable...
I play the game for the fam anyway...

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
If he hadn't said "up until this point ..." I might not have been "triggered" but that phrase just irritates me now.
Yeah, that caught my atention at first as well, but after keep reading, I bounced back, The famos "to this point" is used in the Trolling post to frequently if u ask me.
The ArcKnight , sorry forgot to mention they are all optional other great plus of this VN you can ignore them totally, and only engage with the girls you like If that was a concern you had.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I only find Lisa and Kim to be attractive out of the students, I do agree her vitiligo is a bit on the extreme side, especially in the face, but she does look good, and I'm already able to look past it. I don't mind Debbie either, I don't find her particularly attractive physically, but personality wise she is at the top of the group. Her looks aren't unattractive enough for me to not go for her, she isn't ugly, just a little more on the masculine side, but not so much so that it bothers me. As far as Kate goes... I agree she will be a great friend (not more for me sadly) I'm not into bigger women, I don't dislike fat chicks, I'm just not attracted to them (more so than masculine chicks). Her personality is up there with Debbie's, and she seems fun to be around, but of the 4 she's the only one who I'll likely skip on.

There are more students to come though, who knows what they'll look like. Could be 9s or 10s look-wise, personalities to be determined, or could be closer to what we got with the other students, no 10s look-wise, but great people nonetheless. :giggle:

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022

Debbie seems very...manish. I don't know if it's the face combined with the flatchest and manish proportions.
Kate has a cute face but is obviously a bbw, not my thing but hey, some people might like.
Kim... how do I put this. I have seen Vitiligo used well in other vn's (stranded in space) but the pattern here is just... off-putting. She looks like she wasn't fully rendered rather then has a legit disease. I like her character so far but looking at her face bothers the crap out of me.

I am just kinda blown away considering every other girl in this vn is absolutely gorgeous, why the creative choice to go this way with the students? Are they not meant to be LI's?

Bear in mind, I've loved this VN up until this point, each of the girls have been lovely and I've adored knocking up as many as I can, I'm just a little bewildered by these choices...
(Almost) every girl in My Dorm is meant to be a LI, but I agree not every girl is for everyone's tastes.
As you said, Kate has a cute face but she's (as of now) on the bw side of life. She's one of the girls that will be a nightmare to render in the third act because of all the different choices you will have with her.
Debbie, for me, is one of the most beautiful (I haven't touched her face). We've seen her without make-up, badly dressed with a t-shirt (Lisa deserves a spanking just for that), and with manly body language (reinforced using poses designed for G8 male instead of G8 female). Take her as an ugly duckling, she will evolve the moment she steps out of Lisa's shadow. Obviously she isn't going to grow a pair of boobs, that will affect negatively their records as a swimmer (more on that in v.0.10A)
Lisa is beautiful and has a great body, but she's totally spankable/gaggable right now.
Kim is gorgeous. I wanted her in the dorm the moment I saw . Is she different? Obviously. Is she less beautiful for that? Not to me. Her uniqueness provides something other models can't do.
I've said it previously, no one in My Dorm is "perfect" (exactly, not even Martha). Until now most of the "flaws" have been in the mental field (insecureness, depression, anxiety, Emmaness, inexperience, etc.) or in the girls' background (an immigrant, an ex-fat still reconciling with her new image, a blackmailer, a girl who didn't became a nun after a break up). Now their "flaws" are more spread, between the physical and mental fields (vitiligo, overweight, overshadowed by her sister, behaving like Lisa). Does that make the girl any less perfect than the previous ones? I don't think so. I believe that they can surprise you if you give them an opportunity (and if I am able to transmit what is on my head)

The ArcKnight you know that, Trope has a subtle hidden sadistic touch :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: right?
first he hides Martha and then he sumons Olga to scare the shit out of MC ,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and as cherry the girls for the dorm:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No seriously, I personally don't mind them, I find them cute on her own way, Kims vitiligio you may be right to certain point but i could make my peace with it, the not so perfect girls in the VN is what gives it a touch of fresh air in my opinion.
When did I hide Martha? She's the first lady you see when you return home! :ROFLMAO:

I came on this game late, so I'm curious. Was there this much complaining about Megan? I know I saw a bunch of complaining about Eileen, but that was all about her having relations while you were in college.

I haven't seen complaining about freckles or tats that I've seen on other threads, so there's that.

I don't know, I guess I just find it annoying. I wouldn't have described anyone except maybe Mom as "Perfect" yet the new girls are getting so much complaining. If they're not for you, that's fine, but none of them are ugly. Lisa's attitude is the ugliest thing about them, and even that we're seeing the undertones behind it.

Meh, don't really have a point. Just don't understand the thinking behind the complaining. I'm not into every girl in every VN I play, which is fine. But if there's a few that aren't physically to your liking, and you enjoyed the story being told, why is that enough to actually piss you off, or make you question whether you can keep enjoying the story?

And lastly, TropecitaGames has talked about his thinking and reasoning for the new girls' looks on multiple posts over the last few months. If you're surprised, that's on you.
There haven't been too many complaints about the "original" girls. Eileen's story, people complaining about Norah slimming since the intro to her first appearance, Erika's tats, Martha not having "MILF boobs" or Simone and Samantha being black, but they have not been too many nor as insistent as with the new girls. No one complains about freckles under the risk of being kicked to hell :ROFLMAO:.
I think the reason is that we have had enough time with the "original" girls to ignore those "flaws" and the "real flaws" because we have grown to love them as we have known them better. We haven't had that time with the new girls.
I thought about every girl's story before I even started to write a line. There were girls who can be indistinctly in the first or second batch and there were others that had to be forcefully in the first (Kate), in the second (Zoe), they should be in the same batch as another girl (Lisa-Debbie, f.ex.), or in a different one (Saira-Another girl). The first batch composition was hard with all those considerations and perhaps the complaints come because it's stacked with girls with non-mainstream beauty. Perhaps if I have had substituted Kate with Zoe (beautiful redhead goth) the sensation of a group of "not-so-beautiful" girls would have been diminished.

I don't share your views, but, for the sake of this conversation, let's roll with it.
Lisa surprises for having the worst personality in the game (for the females), contrasting heavily with her looks.
The same goes for her sister, that with a rather less feminine figure, is the sweetest and more agreeable of the lot.
Kate is the type of girl that couldn't matter less what she looks like, she'll be a GREAT friend (hopefully more) because that is her character.
Kim, I can see that her peculiarity strikes some of you has weird, but, all I can see is a very, very brave girl with a stunning figure.
To be honest, this move by Tropecita, to create and incorporate girls that stand out of the traditional beauty standards enhances this game. Instead of drop dead gorgeous 100% perfect male fantasies he gives us girls like those we can find on the street (except Kim).
Maybe, after a while, you'll be able to see their true persons and find a way to understand their beauty.
Peace :)
You have resumed perfectly how I see the new girls (don't worry, Kate can be more than a friend if you choose so)
All of them will surprise the players on the long road... more than surprise I would say see them under anoter light as they develop their story and their personalities. We only need to know them better to love them not despite their "flaws" but because of them.
Now imagine the different reactions by Kate, Debbie, or Lisa if the house national sport (catching the MC showering) continues in place.

To be fair I don't think they are particularly attractive either...

The bitchy one and the one that looks like choco-vanilla yoghurt are decent I guess... the rest meh... I hope they are avoidable...
I play the game for the fam anyway...
Don't worry, they are fully avoidable.

I only find Lisa and Kim to be attractive out of the students, I do agree her vitiligo is a bit on the extreme side, especially in the face, but she does look good, and I'm already able to look past it. I don't mind Debbie either, I don't find her particularly attractive physically, but personality wise she is at the top of the group. Her looks aren't unattractive enough for me to not go for her, she isn't ugly, just a little more on the masculine side, but not so much so that it bothers me. As far as Kate goes... I agree she will be a great friend (not more for me sadly) I'm not into bigger women, I don't dislike fat chicks, I'm just not attracted to them (more so than masculine chicks). Her personality is up there with Debbie's, and she seems fun to be around, but of the 4 she's the only one who I'll likely skip on.

There are more students to come though, who knows what they'll look like. Could be 9s or 10s look-wise, personalities to be determined, or could be closer to what we got with the other students, no 10s look-wise, but great people nonetheless. :giggle:
As I said, tastes are very personal. If right now I should choose only three girls, the one left out would be Lisa. If I shoud do it in 5-6 updates, perhaps it would be Kate (keeping her as a friend), in 20 updates who knows?
All of them will have some development/choices (deeper or shallower depending on the girl) about their physique. All of them will develop their personalities. In some of those developments the MC will be the driving force, in some of them if he tries to force them he can offend the girls beyond repair. The good thing in this circumstance is that you can be nice (or harsh from time to time with Lisa) with the girls (accumulating positive points) and still don't open the path with them when the time comes. If a player accumulate enough negative points perhaps he can't change his mind when the time comes (or the time never comes).

Last edited:

connor1518

Apr 6, 2022
Love the diversity in this VN as opposed to some you see (too often) where all the women have unrealistic body proportions with the Jessica Rabbit figures. While the original girls will always be my main focus I'm looking forward to seeing more of Debbie simply because I think she's refreshing for a VN

Sep 3, 2020
View attachment 2571373

first of all she is not fat she's thick
View attachment final_638a82888a1bcb0017f12978_892095.mp4

am not going to say that looks don't matter at all but they don't matter to me all the time

for example, I've played other games where the women were attractive but I found them very boring

it didn't matter to me how attractive they were I couldn't form a connection with them because of their boring personality

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
(Almost) every girl in My Dorm is meant to be a LI, but I agree not every girl is for everyone's tastes.
As you said, Kate has a cute face but she's (as of now) on the bw side of life. She's one of the girls that will be a nightmare to render in the third act because of all the different choices you will have with her.
Debbie, for me, is one of the most beautiful (I haven't touched her face). We've seen her without make-up, badly dressed with a t-shirt (Lisa deserves a spanking just for that), and with manly body language (reinforced using poses designed for G8 male instead of G8 female). Take her as an ugly duckling, she will evolve the moment she steps out of Lisa's shadow. Obviously she isn't going to grow a pair of boobs, that will affect negatively their records as a swimmer (more on that in v.0.10A)
Lisa is beautiful and has a great body, but she's totally spankable/gaggable right now.
Kim is gorgeous. I wanted her in the dorm the moment I saw . Is she different? Obviously. Is she less beautiful for that? Not to me. Her uniqueness provides something other models can't do.
I've said it previously, no one in My Dorm is "perfect" (exactly, not even Martha). Until now most of the "flaws" have been in the mental field (insecureness, depression, anxiety, Emmaness, inexperience, etc.) or in the girls' background (an immigrant, an ex-fat still reconciling with her new image, a blackmailer, a girl who didn't became a nun after a break up). Now their "flaws" are more spread, between the physical and mental fields (vitiligo, overweight, overshadowed by her sister, behaving like Lisa). Does that make the girl any less perfect than the previous ones? I don't think so. I believe that they can surprise you if you give them an opportunity (and if I am able to transmit what is on my head)

When did I hide Martha? She's the first lady you see when you return home! :ROFLMAO:

There haven't been too many complaints about the "original" girls. Eileen's story, people complaining about Norah slimming since the intro to her first appearance, Erika's tats, Martha not having "MILF boobs" or Simone and Samantha being black, but they have not been too many nor as insistent as with the new girls. No one complains about freckles under the risk of being kicked to hell :ROFLMAO:.
I think the reason is that we have had enough time with the "original" girls to ignore those "flaws" and the "real flaws" because we have grown to love them as we have known them better. We haven't had that time with the new girls.
I thought about every girl's story before I even started to write a line. There were girls who can be indistinctly in the first or second batch and there were others that had to be forcefully in the first (Kate), in the second (Zoe), they should be in the same batch as another girl (Lisa-Debbie, f.ex.), or in a different one (Saira-Another girl). The first batch composition was hard with all those considerations and perhaps the complaints come because it's stacked with girls with non-mainstream beauty. Perhaps if I have had substituted Kate with Zoe (beautiful redhead goth) the sensation of a group of "not-so-beautiful" girls would have been diminished.

You have resumed perfectly how I see the new girls (don't worry, Kate can be more than a friend if you choose so)
All of them will surprise the players on the long road... more than surprise I would say see them under anoter light as they develop their story and their personalities. We only need to know them better to love them not despite their "flaws" but because of them.
Now imagine the different reactions by Kate, Debbie, or Lisa if the house national sport (catching the MC showering) continues in place.

Don't worry, they are fully avoidable.

As I said, tastes are very personal. If right now I should choose only three girls, the one left out would be Lisa. If I shoud do it in 5-6 updates, perhaps it would be Kate (keeping her as a friend), in 20 updates who knows?
All of them will have some development/choices (deeper or shallower depending on the girl) about their physique. All of them will develop their personalities. In some of those developments the MC will be the driving force, in some of them if he tries to force them he can offend the girls beyond repair. The good thing in this circumstance is that you can be nice (or harsh from time to time with Lisa) with the girls (accumulating positive points) and still don't open the path with them when the time comes. If a player accumulate enough negative points perhaps he can't change his mind when the time comes (or the time never comes).
Kim's model is very attractive proportion wise, it's just the harshness of her Vitiligo around her face giving her a reverse bandit mask is very unnerving. Look at the link you posted and look at the other model for example:
1682478194584.png 1682478316940.png
Compare the two, the lefthand model's vitiligo is far less stark, still very noticeable, but not unnervingly so.
Or lets go with one of my favorite characters, Zara from Stranded in Space:
1682478607313.png
Here Vitiligo is still very prominent like what your going for with Kim but not jarringly so.
I feel if you'd gone with a less stark pattern around the nose/eyes, it wouldn't give that uncanny valley feel. I can absolutely get sucked in by a girl's personality, but I do have to be able to to look at her first during long scenes first.

Debbie's face is very beautiful, I absolutely agree with you there.
The flat chest + height + man-ish proportions just trick my mind to think I'm looking at a man (or transwoman).
If she'd have been flat and short or tall but a b cup I think my perceptions would have been different. It's just the way you went out of your way to frame her as very manish put off some people.
I'm sure she's very sweet personality wise, but again, I have to have at least a base level of attractiveness to a character to be able to give them a chance, otherwise it's holding control til we get to a character I find attractive.

Kate's cute but just a tad bit too bell-shaped for me to find attractive.
I don't mind chubby/thick characters, its just about how well they are proportioned. If she'd just been chubby all around and not bell-shaped, I'd be absolutely don't to clown with Kate. But for now, I'll be friends unless/until we have the option to befriend her and help her slim down a bit with joint workouts/yoga.

Lisa... is kinda great, I love her model and her sense of style. I agree with Daphne and Emma, she's got that Jackie style and I love it. A bit of a brat but that can easily be overcome with discipline/love.

Again, not trying to troll or anything, as I said I have played the game up until the new girls arrive and I've loved it. (aside from Scarlett's bangs, she was so cute without them!) And story wise each of the family girls have been easy to get to know and love. (Norah is an absolute bombshell and love how loving she is, and I adore how jelly/pushy Emma gets, guess I've got a thing for tsunderes.)

I just feel these 3 (Kim, Debbie, Kate) could have been tweaked slightly (tone down the harshness of Kim's Vit, slightly adjust Debbie's proportions, and balance out Kate's curviness so she's less bell-shaped) and you'd have a 100% different reaction from the people who didn't like the new students. As is, I'll still have the family girls and can hold down skip for the students.

Now this redheaded goth girl you speak of that is coming intrigues the crap out of me....
Erika is already one of the favorites, and I love the gothic style, it would be interesting to see if she's got some competition for the goth princess title..

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I just feel these 3 (Kim, Debbie, Kate) could have been tweaked slightly (tone down the harshness of Kim's Vit, slightly adjust Debbie's proportions, and balance out Kate's curviness so she's less bell-shaped) and you'd have a 100% different reaction from the people who didn't like the new students. As is, I'll still have the family girls and can hold down skip for the students.
Sure, that's what you want. But the dev has already said that what we're getting is what HE wants. Your initial point was fine, but now you're just complaining that you're not getting what you want. The rest of your argument isn't bad, and you're not being a troll, but you're still trying to impose your opinion on the game, rather than just expressing your opinion.

It's not as bad as others, but
missthepoint-fail.gif

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Kim's model is very attractive proportion wise, it's just the harshness of her Vitiligo around her face giving her a reverse bandit mask is very unnerving. Look at the link you posted and look at the other model for example:
View attachment 2573955 View attachment 2573959
Compare the two, the lefthand model's vitiligo is far less stark, still very noticeable, but not unnervingly so.
Or lets go with one of my favorite characters, Zara from Stranded in Space:
View attachment 2573963
Here Vitiligo is still very prominent like what your going for with Kim but not jarringly so.
I feel if you'd gone with a less stark pattern around the nose/eyes, it wouldn't give that uncanny valley feel. I can absolutely get sucked in by a girl's personality, but I do have to be able to to look at her first during long scenes first.

Debbie's face is very beautiful, I absolutely agree with you there.
The flat chest + height + man-ish proportions just trick my mind to think I'm looking at a man (or transwoman).
If she'd have been flat and short or tall but a b cup I think my perceptions would have been different. It's just the way you went out of your way to frame her as very manish put off some people.
I'm sure she's very sweet personality wise, but again, I have to have at least a base level of attractiveness to a character to be able to give them a chance, otherwise it's holding control til we get to a character I find attractive.

Kate's cute but just a tad bit too bell-shaped for me to find attractive.
I don't mind chubby/thick characters, its just about how well they are proportioned. If she'd just been chubby all around and not bell-shaped, I'd be absolutely don't to clown with Kate. But for now, I'll be friends unless/until we have the option to befriend her and help her slim down a bit with joint workouts/yoga.

Lisa... is kinda great, I love her model and her sense of style. I agree with Daphne and Emma, she's got that Jackie style and I love it. A bit of a brat but that can easily be overcome with discipline/love.

Again, not trying to troll or anything, as I said I have played the game up until the new girls arrive and I've loved it. (aside from Scarlett's bangs, she was so cute without them!) And story wise each of the family girls have been easy to get to know and love. (Norah is an absolute bombshell and love how loving she is, and I adore how jelly/pushy Emma gets, guess I've got a thing for tsunderes.)

Now this redheaded goth girl you speak of that is coming intrigues the crap out of me....
Erika is already one of the favorites, and I love the gothic style, it would be interesting to see if she's got some competition for the goth princess title..
Kim's skin is out of the box (I don't have the Photoshop skills needed to tweak her skin). I only tweaked slightly her proportions. She already had a great body, but I wanted to change it a little bit.
Debbie is a college freestyle swimmer. I based her body on 's toning down her muscularity. A swimmer with good boobs only can swim backstroke (remember this sentence for the next update). But if you look at the comment below, Debbie already has some fans.
About Kate, I don't want to spoil more things than needed, but note that Norah and the MC have been there.
As I said Lisa is my less favorite right now. Obviously, I love her model and her Jackie style. I'm a sucker for 40s, 50s, and 60s style and I think it's underused in AVNs. Primarily because there aren't too good assets.

Zoe's is public on Patreon since some days ago.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Debbie is perfect as is my two cents
Thanks! For me too.

Judging by Kate's family story... someone was a fan of "This Is Us" haha. Didn't expect that reference.
Yeah, we are fans of that show at home. I was surprised no one commented on it previously, although I don't expect comments about all the references.
The funny thing is Kate's original name was Mandy because the actress doing Rebecca's role (and also for Mandy Patinkin, as I'm also a Princess Bride fan). My wise wife (or not so wise, because she married me) make me note I already had an Amanda and a Maddie so it could get confusing. So I changed her name to Kate. Then my wife said something like "Fat and called Kate? People will think about This is us". So I reinforced the idea with the background story moving her origin to Pittsburg (she originally was from Detroit) and gave her two brothers (that won't appear in game).

Last edited:

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
About Kate, I don't want to spoil more things than needed, but note that Norah and the MC have been there.
You just spoiled enough, I think. Following a majority vote is usually the safest way to proceed and I thank you for letting your former fan know about what will probably happen with Kate. :sleep:

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
You just spoiled enough, I think. Following a majority vote is usually the safest way to proceed and I thank you for letting your former fan know about what will probably happen with Kate. :sleep:
There will be a lot of things happening to Kate (all of them under player choice). They were all planned before the students' arrival update, so there's no majority vote here. There hasn't been any poll about her on my Patreon/SS.
The students' stories were written (outlined) more than a year ago, when no one knew the students' looks then (even I only had a rough idea then. Lisa's model wasn't out in the market, for example).
Returning to Kate, the first major choice will be in v.0.10A for a group of players who chose a specific option some updates ago. The second major will be 2-3 updates down the road. What happens to her will be exclusively your choice.
If you are a former fan, I only can hope you don't stop playing the game because of that. Perhaps some time from now you return to being a fan or change to directly hating me.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I know you are still waiting for v.0.10A, it will become public at (Spanish) midnight from Thursday to Friday, but I have been working on v.0.10B for more than two weeks now.
I just made a on Patreon/SS with a preview and a somewhat progress report.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I know you are still waiting for v.0.10A, it will become public at (Spanish) midnight from Thursday to Friday, but I have been working on v.0.10B for more than two weeks now.
I just made a on Patreon/SS with a preview and a somewhat progress report.
Woow loved Emmas New Look (with profesional Make up) Great work, Trope !

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes