Mar 26, 2022
Damn you, Tropecita. I logged on to my Patreon account after several months of absence and almost had a heart attack. I've never had so many messages, I thought someone had hacked my account, but it was just custom renders from you :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Damn you, Tropecita. I logged on to my Patreon account after several months of absence and almost had a heart attack. I've never had so many messages, I thought someone had hacked my account, but it was just custom renders from you :LOL:
You know me, I'm a thankful spammer ;)
Every month the active subscribers have a custom render that won't be accessible for people who join later, so it should be done by DM instead of by post.
I'm sorry for not being sorry about the heart attack if that's the reason :ROFLMAO:.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
We need Mr. Leaker so us plebs can "leak" earlier too :D (holy shit, who waits almost 3 weeks for free update? :HideThePain:)
I would say every free player, here and on other sites. ;)

Think about it from other perspectives:

I publish monthly. Since you don't have signatures, I don't know what games you like, but seeing you've been around for 2 years, I would say you have waited for 3, 4, or 8 months for other games to update. I'm not talking about the free update. I'm talking about updating the game. Waiting 3 weeks from the top subscriber update (30 days since the last free update) doesn't seem that bad to me.

Now I'll give you another perspective on the leaks. Imagine Mr./Mrs. Leaker (I've been a bit of a sexist previously, calling them Mr.) has had some extra income and wants you all to enjoy the update the day it is released. S/he signs up for the highest tier, downloads the game, and shares it here. You didn't have to wait 18 days for the free update to come out and you're a happy man. But what happens next month? If Mr./Mrs. Leaker has the extra income once again, it will take 30 days for you to play. But if Mr./Mrs. Leaker hasn't had that extra income, s/he's going to unsubscribe and won't have access to the update when it comes out. So you're going to have to wait the month it takes me to release it plus the 18 days. 48 days since the last update you played.

If you look at it from a third perspective, whoever is in the highest tier, plays every 30 days (approximately). Who is in the intermediate tier, also plays every 30 days. And whoever plays the update when it comes out for free, also has it available 30 days after the last one (if no one leaks the previous one).

Do you still think the leaks are worth it? You're still going to take, at best, the same amount of time to play the update. 30 days.

At worst, you may find that those leaks have caused paying players to stop paying, and that's enough for the developer (and I'm not talking about myself) to think it's not worth continuing to invest their money and time in doing a game they get nothing but criticism for. It's better to play a game you like every 30 days than not to play it again because the leaks have made it unprofitable for the developer, right?

Edit: I want to make it clear that I'm not angry about Mr./Mrs. Leaker leaking the game. I'm angry at him/her doing it badly. It was leaked only 29h before the free update was scheduled, so there was no harm done. The only harm is the time I had to spend fixing up his/her mess.

Last edited:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
You didn't have to over-analyze it, I understand. Never thought my comment would be so controversial :confused:
For what it's worth, I don't think you badmouthed the dev per se, but I think people are taking you're saying

(holy shit, who waits almost 3 weeks for free update? :HideThePain:)
as an insult to the quality of the game, in that it's not worth waiting for, and thus you're insulting the dev, not to mention making fun of all of us who do in fact wait how ever long is required for the free updates.

But that's just my guess

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
For what it's worth, I don't think you badmouthed the dev per se, but I think people are taking you're saying

as an insult to the quality of the game, in that it's not worth waiting for, and thus you're insulting the dev, not to mention making fun of all of us who do in fact wait how ever long is required for the free updates.

But that's just my guess
Just seems ridiculously ungrateful, 99.9%* of game devs don't ever have a free release... it's a weirdly unique part of the AVN o' verse, but is by no means any kind of standard. So complaining about how quickly it happens, rather than being appreciative that the dev has a free release at all, seems like calling the dev sheisty to me, which would be bad mouthing them.

*this number is completely made up and is used for hyperbolic emphasis not statistical accuracy

Last edited:

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
No money brother :(

I never bad mouthed the dev :(

You didn't have to over-analyze it, I understand. Never thought my comment would be so controversial :confused:
I agree with you in that you didn't badmouth me.
As S1nsational says, what looks like it is your "holy shit" sentence. The post just above yours asks Mr./Mrs. Leaker about a date for the leak, but the tone is totally different from yours. No one has felt offended by that one. I didn't feel offended but yours either, I just answered you like I did because it's something recurrent about free releases (not only in My Dorm). People complain about how long they should wait for a free release whether it's a week, 18 days, or when the next release is out.

As TigerWolfe says, most games outside the AVN o'verse don't make free releases. Can you imagine Bethesda making a free release for Starfield 18 days after the paid one? They still are making money from Skyrim 12 years after its release. But it looks AVN devs should give their work for free less than a week after the upper-tier release or someone will complain.

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
I agree with you in that you didn't badmouth me.
As S1nsational says, what looks like it is your "holy shit" sentence. The post just above yours asks Mr./Mrs. Leaker about a date for the leak, but the tone is totally different from yours. No one has felt offended by that one. I didn't feel offended but yours either, I just answered you like I did because it's something recurrent about free releases (not only in My Dorm). People complain about how long they should wait for a free release whether it's a week, 18 days, or when the next release is out.

As TigerWolfe says, most games outside the AVN o'verse don't make free releases. Can you imagine Bethesda making a free release for Starfield 18 days after the paid one? They still are making money from Skyrim 12 years after its release. But it looks AVN devs should give their work for free less than a week after the upper-tier release or someone will complain.
If it goes like the Leechers want then it should be on public on the first day instead of waiting for the patreon cycle to run it's course.

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes