yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
MyDorm-0.12
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
what split?
v.0.12 has arrived too near to the Android 2 GB apk limit and the PC/Mac Full Quality is also brushing the 5GB download, so I decided (with RiamMar 's help) to split the game in parts or seasons (they don't have anything to do with narrative Acts). v.0.12 will create an automatic savegame at the end of the update that will be imported into v.0.13. v.0.13 will be an independent download with reduced size which will be installed in a different folder. Riam will work on a merge patch, which will allow to have everything in the same folder, but now he's focusing on having Part 2 working.

Jan 13, 2023
v.0.12 has arrived too near to the Android 2 GB apk limit and the PC/Mac Full Quality is also brushing the 5GB download, so I decided (with RiamMar 's help) to split the game in parts or seasons (they don't have anything to do with narrative Acts). v.0.12 will create an automatic savegame at the end of the update that will be imported into v.0.13. v.0.13 will be an independent download with reduced size which will be installed in a different folder. Riam will work on a merge patch, which will allow to have everything in the same folder, but now he's focusing on having Part 2 working.
understood. thank you for letting me know

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Love to hear it. Sucks when other games are like "new update! enjoy your 15gb file download from a 10mb capped website, suckers!"

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Love to hear it. Sucks when other games are like "new update! enjoy your 15gb file download from a 10mb capped website, suckers!"
I upload the game to Mega and Pixeldrain (5 GB daily limit for free users), and Gofile and MixDrop (without limit) because of that. Even if it's under 5GB until now, if someone has already downloaded that day 1GB from Mega, they would be unable to download a 4.5GB game. That sucks, so keeping the download size under control was a priority (and keeping the Android apk size under 2GB, because of Android's limitations). This time it was the perfect one to do the split.

Reactions: Niuul and rainwake

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Says virus on 2 diffrent Programs and downloads ?
They are false positives. The exe is the same for all the ren'py games (of the same version, 8.03 in this case) and some antivirus have it reported as a virus.
I just uploaded the Exe to virustotal.com and it shows as BrothelHouse.exe because the hash is the same as other games
1696808732074.png
Reanalizing it marks the same hash and the correct name
1696808822874.png

Reactions: xapican

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Yay update.

[couldn't play last update because multiple virus scanners kept deleting it]

Says virus on 2 diffrent Programs and downloads ?
Ya, last update or two I couldn't play as several virus scanners kept deleting the game.
[heck even firefox stopped the download in the middle itself!]

Something like altering windows files, registry, and making connections to the internet.

Once I downoad the current version, I'll see if it will download successfully, and unzip without anti-virus deleting it, then I'll upload the exe's and dll's to virus total, but I have a feeling it will be the same signature/flags that the prior updates had.

Does ren'py games even NEED to connect to the internet in the first place? or save files to windows folder, or alter windows registry entrees?
Sure the game could need to read some files from windows folder, and write its own registry, but altering windows stuff is a big nono.

Well, what ever the game needs to connect for the internet for, maybe could be cut out, like is it grabbing ... um.. fonts, or something needed to play videos or something?
Most definately needs to stop trying to alter files in the windows folder or saving files to the windows folder.

edit: dev responded in middle of me typing

They are false positives. The exe is the same for all the ren'py games (of the same version, 8.03 in this case) and some antivirus have it reported as a virus.
I just uploaded the Exe to virustotal.com and it shows as BrothelHouse.exe because the hash is the same as other games
View attachment 2991119
Reanalizing it marks the same hash and the correct name
View attachment 2991122
Yea, that seems way tamer then what I've run into, hopefully the new version's exes are not causing the deletion from antivirus

I find it strange, many ren'py games have zero to 4 flagged scanners at virustotal.

Some with 1 flag is definately a minor thing judging that it doesn't often alter windows files, connect to internet, change registry for windows stuff, etc.

Maybe the Ren'py software some people use to make their games, is infected itself, and passes it along to their exe, as I've seen many with ZERO flagged scanners at virustotal, compared to others with 1-5 flagged scanners.

Just do it the way the ZERO flagged games have it, ie: they still have videos, and all that jazz, but they don't alter any windows stuff and they don't connect to the internet.

Last edited:

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Yay update.

Ya, last update or two I couldn't play as several virus scanners kept deleting the game.

Something like altering windows files, registry, and making connections to the internet.

Once I downoad the current version, I'll see if it will download successfully, and unzip without anti-virus deleting it, then I'll upload the exe's and dll's to virus total, but I have a feeling it will be the same signature/flags that the prior updates had.

Does ren'py games even NEED to connect to the internet in the first place? or save files to windows folder, or alter windows registry entrees?
Sure the game could need to read some files from windows folder, and write its own registry, but altering windows stuff is a big nono.

Well, what ever the game needs to connect for the internet for, maybe could be cut out, like is it grabbing ... um.. fonts, or something needed to play videos or something?
Most definately needs to stop trying to alter files in the windows folder or saving files to the windows folder.

Yea, that seems way tamer then what I've run into, hopefully the new version's exes are not causing the deletion from antivirus

I find it strange, many ren'py games have zero to 4 flagged scanners at virustotal.

Some with 1 flag is definately a minor thing judging that it doesn't often alter windows files, connect to internet, change registry for windows stuff, etc.

Maybe the Ren'py software some people use to make their games, is infected itself, and passes it along to their exe, as I've seen many with ZERO flagged scanners at virustotal, compared to others with 1-5 flagged scanners.

Just do it the way the ZERO flagged games have it, ie: they still have videos, and all that jazz, but they don't alter any windows stuff and they don't connect to the internet.
It depends on the version. Ren'py 8.0.3 (the current one) flags in two engines. Ren'py 8.1.3 (the next version I will use) doesn't flag anywhere. 7.4.11 (the one I started with) was flagged on 7-8.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Yay update.

Just do it the way the ZEDO flagged games have it, ie: they still have videos, and all that jazz, but they don't alter any windows stuff and they don't connect to the internet.
About the internet connection, most games have a menu with links to the author Patreon, SS and Discord.

About the Windows folder, all saves are stored in the AppData/Roaming/RenPy/$GameName$ maybe that's what.

Anyway, the hash of the file that the anti-virus detects, is always the same, because it is generated by RenPy. If you make that an exception, for one game, it will work for all of them.

Don't blindly follow AV's, they can be manipulated, and are, to show whatever results anyone wants, from marking REAL virus as safe, to marking innocent files as virus. If false positives are annoying, false negatives are the reason we have BotNets. Use YOUR brain. If these games were indeed a virus, would anyone still be playing? Are you really calling all of us STUPID? Are you really calling ALL Devs something evil?

Either, not play the games, follow your AV down a cliff. OR. Put an exception on your AV, tell it to shut the fuck up, and play.

You can also do a REAL search for WHY they are being reported, who reported it, why and when. Then maybe you understand that you are being manipulated and following a blind man that thinks the hand in his back that is from the followers is guiding him.

Peace :(

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Awesome update.

Lots of new information, but even more new questions.

On what we learned on the phone from our father; are we getting a new love interest who is our half sister, is one of our current girls secretly our sister? It would be pretty unfair to introduce her to her new family, and then have her be the only one not given the option of getting very close. And if we can date our new sister, how is all this being handled in the non patched story? Like as it stands, our sister and cousins are really clones of strangers etc. Would this just be a clone? But that wouldn't make any sense, because our dad supposedly doesn't know about all the clones and wouldn't have been stealing money to give one a normal life. and to go to college

Betty is becoming nearly as mysterious as the clones; first her ninja hiding skills and her willingness to enter combat, then her seeking to confirm her suspicions of all the incest going on and passively giving her support.

On our guardian angels; If they're actively spying on one of our girlfriends, either because she's our girlfriend or because she's friends with our cousins, how many of the other people in our orbit are being watched? Can't wait for them to reveal who they are and for them to be brought into the family, they're family, but it's kinda hard to fully trust them with all the cloak and dagger

A mechanic thing, after being told to make the fancy continuation save, you still have the normal end of update save advice. It's probably not a good idea to save after the fancy save?

• Red Heart

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
On what we learned on the phone from our father; are we getting a new love interest who is our half sister, is one of our current girls secretly our sister? It would be pretty unfair to introduce her to her new family, and then have her be the only one not given the option of getting very close. And if we can date our new sister, how is all this being handled in the non patched story? Like as it stands, our sister and cousins are really clones of strangers etc. Would this just be a clone? But that wouldn't make any sense, because our dad supposedly doesn't know about all the clones and wouldn't have been stealing money to give one a normal life. and to go to college
OH MY GOD!!! It's Scarlett isn't it?!! It has to be!! I'm almost positive I recall that the abusive man married to her mother is her stepfather not her father, she'd be the right age too. Scarlett being our sister avoid having to add a new girl to your already generous cast, and in universe it'd be an amazing and welcome surprise for Scarlett give how she was already like a sister to one of our cousins and a cousin to us. Now she'd literally be our sister, and a cousin (of sorts) to our cousins. And on top of everything else, it'd bring her on the same level as Daphne in terms of both committing incest with us. It's all perfect!!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
OH MY GOD!!! It's Scarlett isn't it?!! It has to be!! I'm almost positive I recall that the abusive man married to her mother is her stepfather not her father, she'd be the right age too. Scarlett being our sister avoid having to add a new girl to your already generous cast, and in universe it'd be an amazing and welcome surprise for Scarlett give how she was already like a sister to one of our cousins and a cousin to us. Now she'd literally be our sister, and a cousin (of sorts) to our cousins. And on top of everything else, it'd bring her on the same level as Daphne in terms of both committing incest with us. It's all perfect!!
I was gonna say ...

• Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes