Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Is the updates getting shorter or the game gets better so it feel like it's shorter? :unsure:
I want to think it's the last one. The last update was the longest one ever. With little branching involved (if you are on Norah's path and answered Dad's calls), I would say you had to read around ~23,500 of the 25,791 words. Still the longest one.
1697198841045.png

Oct 10, 2022
I want to think it's the last one. The last update was the longest one ever. With little branching involved (if you are on Norah's path and answered Dad's calls), I would say you had to read around ~23,500 of the 25,791 words. Still the longest one.
View attachment 3002414
The thing is I always replay with every update and I felt like new content was around 5 minutes, with numbers prove otherwise, I must say it was perfect. :giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
The thing is I always replay with every update and I felt like new content was around 5 minutes, with numbers prove otherwise, I must say it was perfect. :giggle:
It's pretty much just matter of how our perspectives work in different situations. For example in a movie, while objectively plot is advancing quite a lot, but if it's done in form of exposition rather than action, it might feel like nothing's happening. And if the movie is fast paced, it might feel like it has taken shorter time than you suspected.

Add to that the fact that when you're enjoying yourself, time tends to fly faster and you can get these mixed signals from your brain, when objectively observed, it's false.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Not trying to shit on anyone's taste, but could we get an option to have everyone shaved at the beginning, similar to the pregnancy option?
Love the game by the way
Trope's addressed this. He wants variety. Only two even have a bush option, the rest are what they will be (and if they change, it'll be a character choice, not a player choice).

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Not trying to shit on anyone's taste, but could we get an option to have everyone shaved at the beginning, similar to the pregnancy option?
Love the game by the way
I would explain why this option isn't there. Right now the bush is optional with Samantha. Imagine a lewd scene with Samantha in Act III that will have:
* Samantha shaved and pregnant
* Samantha with bush and pregnant
* Samantha shaved and not pregnant
* Samantha with bush and not pregnant
That means 4 renders for every render a specific player sees on screen. Martha's lewd scene had 1462 animated renders + 207 not animated. Multiply that by 4 and we have 6,676 renders for that scene only (if the bush/no bush were visible in every one of them).

Now add another girl for a threesome with the same options. Multiply the 6,676 by 4 once again. 26,704 renders.

The whole game from v.0.2 until v.0.12 (478 days of development) has 18,849 renders.

The math says it will take me at the same pace 677 days to make only ONE scene. Not one update. One scene.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Love the game by the way
Let's break down your request:

The game has 28 LI's. Not counting any of the other options, just for your wish, that's a ton of scenes.

Now, let's add my options, I want them all with a bush, if possible something akin to the Yeti. That's 2x the scenes.

Now, let's mix and match and let's say that out of all the players, some want a mix of bushes and baldies. We are probably on the millions of combinations now.

That in practical terms means what? That for each render where one of the girls is naked, it would need to be rendered as many times as the options. Each. And. Every. One. Who's doing it? One Dev. Only one. That would mean a lot of extra time, for NO real profit. Time that will be reflected in how much longer EVERYONE has to wait until the next release.

Because you want an option. That means NOTHING to the story, unlike the pregnancy one.

It's ok. You had no clue, that you were asking for something like that. Now you know.

Peace :(

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
I would explain why this option isn't there. Right now the bush is optional with Samantha. Imagine a lewd scene with Samantha in Act III that will have:
That means 4 renders for every render a specific player sees on screen. Martha's lewd scene had 1462 animated renders + 207 not animated. Multiply that by 4 and we have 6,676 renders for that scene only (if the bush/no bush were visible in every one of them).

Now add another girl for a threesome with the same options. Multiply the 6,676 by 4 once again. 26,704 renders.

The whole game from v.0.2 until v.0.12 (478 days of development) has 18,849 renders.

The math says it will take me at the same pace 677 days to make only ONE scene. Not one update. One scene.
Now do the Math for how long a Update would take:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022

This post is approved by the Yes To All LIs All Pregnant Kinetic Novel Union.

Still work shopping the name.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Now do the Math for how long a Update would take:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The harem re-converts in a nun a cloistered convent and never again is a pussy shown! Betty with a rolling pin is the new Abbess!
Oh, and no lesbian sex without the MC present, so no lesbian sex (it's cloistered, so the MC can't get in). The updates get repetitive and (even more) boring, with only dialogue and prayers. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
But to humor you, v.0.7B had three lewd scenes (Norah, Megan, and Emma). If those three scenes are threesomes, it would mean around 6 years of development for the whole update. If we put Kate into one of them, 8 (she has two extra options chubby/slim).

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

Let's break down your request:

The game has 28 LI's. Not counting any of the other options, just for your wish, that's a ton of scenes.

Now, let's add my options, I want them all with a bush, if possible something akin to the Yeti. That's 2x the scenes.

Now, let's mix and match and let's say that out of all the players, some want a mix of bushes and baldies. We are probably on the millions of combinations now.

That in practical terms means what? That for each render where one of the girls is naked, it would need to be rendered as many times as the options. Each. And. Every. One. Who's doing it? One Dev. Only one. That would mean a lot of extra time, for NO real profit. Time that will be reflected in how much longer EVERYONE has to wait until the next release.

Because you want an option. That means NOTHING to the story, unlike the pregnancy one.

It's ok. You had no clue, that you were asking for something like that. Now you know.

Peace :(
You forgot something FG:

DerpyDeeDoo

May 7, 2021
Damn, I never appreciated the time consumption for rendering scenes. I thought those long times were a thing of the past, not still an issue. Shows what i know; been out of the scene for too long.

Question though. I noticed that all the main girls EXCEPT Daphne can get knocked up by the end of the first Act. Was this an intentional part of the story, or did you just run out of time to include it within the final version? Or did I just make wrong choices and miss the opportunity?

Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Yes my stance is that the workload increase between a KN and a VN is what kills most games before they finish.
In my opinion, KN is easier to do, but VN is funnier, both for the dev and the players, but you are right.
I'll give an example:
v.0.1 to v.12 had over 250 choices menu. A lot of them were flavor, or context-driven (like where do you want to cum, f.e. 4 times with Norah).
From those over 250 choices, only 81 are absolutely needed and will be carried to Part 2 (I did the questionnaire for people with problems importing or who start without playing Part 1). With the example above, I only carry to Part 2 if Norah is pregnant or not (1 variable).
But I should take into account 81 variables (some of them with multiple values).

It will have a heavier workload than a KN? Without any doubt.
Will it be funnier to play and replay? Also without any doubt.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Damn, I never appreciated the time consumption for rendering scenes. I thought those long times were a thing of the past, not still an issue. Shows what i know; been out of the scene for too long.

Question though. I noticed that all the main girls EXCEPT Daphne can get knocked up by the end of the first Act. Was this an intentional part of the story, or did you just run out of time to include it within the final version? Or did I just make wrong choices and miss the opportunity?
Rendering is not the problem with the correct hardware. Posing is. Yesterday I rendered a 51 frames animation in 1h20 minutes. It took me more than 4 hours to pose it correctly.

I don't think there are "main girls" in My Dorm. For me, Samantha has the same importance to the story as Erika or Alexia. But if you mean the girls living at home and not being students or GILFs, yes, Daphne is the only one who hasn't had the opportunity to get knocked up. That was intentional on my part since I wanted her first time to be after Scarlett's. Those playing the inverse corruption path (and Scarlett's path) will understand why. There is a beautiful (for me) conversation about Daphne's choices from the start of the lessons until v.0.12 events, that sheds light on her character. And she needed Scarlett's date to happen to come out clean with the MC.
Since the Part 1-Part 2 split is a technical thing (keeping the game under 5GB free downloads/2GB Android apk limit) and not a narrative thing, I didn't care too much if her first time was on Part 1 or Part 2. I cared for it to be in the correct moment, and it will be in v.0.14.

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes