Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
It opened in the shower, I didn't tough any other decision.
It's really simple: If you just play the game normally following WT choices, without tweaking variables, you will be on everyone's route. For a few people so far (particularly Norah and Martha so far), the choices section will NOT have all options toggled "on", because those are alternative methods to get on their routes. They're not a checklist that should all be "on". Ignore the options you didn't need (or see).

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
It's really simple: If you just play the game normally following WT choices, without tweaking variables, you will be on everyone's route. For a few people so far (particularly Norah and Martha so far), the choices section will NOT have all options toggled "on", because those are alternative methods to get on their routes. They're not a checklist that should all be "on". Ignore the options you didn't need (or see).
Exactly. It's so simple that people feel the NEED to complicate it, because... toggling binary boxes is almost as addictive as bubble wrap.

This is JUST a suggestion to TropecitaGames & RiamMar , maybe make those boxes being visible be conditional on the state of a variable. As in, they only show up IF they are needed.

Remember that we must always program for the lowest rung of IQ. :D

Peace :D

PEscobar

Oct 5, 2022
Look it was just a game mechanic question. So I have never played a this game before and I didn't know how the game and the decisions affected the game. Lowest IQ really SMH....

PEscobar

Oct 5, 2022
Exactly. It's so simple that people feel the NEED to complicate it, because... toggling binary boxes is almost as addictive as bubble wrap.

This is JUST a suggestion to TropecitaGames & RiamMar , maybe make those boxes being visible be conditional on the state of a variable. As in, they only show up IF they are needed.

Remember that we must always program for the lowest rung of IQ. :D

You know what the funny thing is I actually know how to code, I have to run complex queries in Splunk, CrowdStrike, and other InfoSec applications when threat hunting. Analyze the Malware code and such. But I am the lowest rung of IQ

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
You know what the funny thing is I actually know how to code, I have to run complex queries in Splunk, CrowdStrike, and other InfoSec applications when threat hunting. Analyze the Malware code and such. But I am the lowest rung of IQ
Wait. You think that was meant for YOU?

Dude, it is a common rule. When you build a UX you build it stupid proof. I don't mean YOU. It is actually the people that have the highest intelligence that fall prey of the over complication bug.

Relax. There's ZERO intention on my part to address YOU. Anyone that ever made a sophisticated interface knows that the KISS (keep it simple stupid) is THE rule. In this case, Trop and Riammar, opened the UI to be over complicated by the users. When options that aren't needed are made available, people think that they MUST use them, they rationalize it, then they enter in doubt, then they invert the meanings. It IS common knowledge among UX builders. Look it up.

That's why it must be coded for the lowest rung of IQ, so EVERYONE can use it. Got it????????

Peace :)

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

Dude, it is a common rule. When you build a UX you build it stupid proof. I don't mean YOU. It is actually the people that have the highest intelligence that fall prey of the over complication bug.

Relax. There's ZERO intention on my part to address YOU. Anyone that ever made a sophisticated interface knows that the KISS (keep it simple stupid) is THE rule. In this case, Trop and Riammar, opened the UI to be over complicated by the users. When options that aren't needed are made available, people think that they MUST use them, they rationalize it, then they enter in doubt, then they invert the meanings. It IS common knowledge among UX builders. Look it up.

That's why it must be coded for the lowest rung of IQ, so EVERYONE can use it. Got it????????

Wait, what? I truly hope it's not that customized bs some of these games have. Especially like the one with that detective and his wife and you can play as evil or good. Forgot the name now. When I see that shit, I drop the game.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Wait, what? I truly hope it's not that customized bs some of these games have. Especially like the one with that detective and his wife and you can play as evil or good. Forgot the name now. When I see that shit, I drop the game.
Every thing that you see that isn't an image (and some of the images too) is an interface. The parts that are interact-able, decorative elements and Informative elements all that is an Interface.

It MUST be built with simplicity and usability in mind, but, ALWAYS be coded to only make available what needs to be available.

I have no clue what you are on about with that game that I don't remember playing.

Right click. Left click. Everything else is UI - Useless Interference. :cool: Jus' sayin'
It's only useless if it's badly done. :D

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Every thing that you see that isn't an image (and some of the images too) is an interface. The parts that are interact-able, decorative elements and Informative elements all that is an Interface.

It MUST be built with simplicity and usability in mind, but, ALWAYS be coded to only make available what needs to be available.

I have no clue what you are on about with that game that I don't remember playing.

It's only useless if it's badly done. :D

I havn't seen what it looks like. Did I miss a screen some place?

Last edited:
Reactions: Trope95

PEscobar

Oct 5, 2022

Got it.. Sorry Man my bad. Stressful day but that's still no excuse. We good?

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The concept of being able to freely swap the scripts at will, reminds me of when Halo 1&2 got remastered and you could freely and fluidly swap between the original graphics and the remastered graphics in game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes