FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
How do you program for houseplants (I mean, some of the "people" on this forum.......)?
Very, Very, carefully...

Asking them if they're sure, doesn't work. They take it as a challenge. Also, it's better if you don't let them delete anything.

It's been over 25 years, but I'm still traumatized from selling a PC to a friend, spending hours and hours configuring everything, then go to his house, install it, explain everything to my friend and to his son, 2nd Year University student, then go home. I had to return the next day, the computer wasn't working. I got there, managed to boot with a cd. Only to find out that those 2 genius had decided that there was too much stuff in the computer and had deleted EVERYTHING. Thankfully they weren't aware of Shift+Del. So, it was a matter of taking everything out of the Recycle bin.

So, you have to be vewy vewy caweful...

that's all.gif

Peace :)

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Can't see Trop having posted about it yet (will get a f*ing rage fit if he answers seconds before me!)
Some people aren't qualified for the great responsibility that is a variable toggle.
It's really simple: If you just play the game normally following WT choices, without tweaking variables, you will be on everyone's route. For a few people so far (particularly Norah and Martha so far), the choices section will NOT have all options toggled "on", because those are alternative methods to get on their routes. They're not a checklist that should all be "on". Ignore the options you didn't need (or see).
Exactly. It's so simple that people feel the NEED to complicate it, because... toggling binary boxes is almost as addictive as bubble wrap.

This is JUST a suggestion to TropecitaGames & RiamMar , maybe make those boxes being visible be conditional on the state of a variable. As in, they only show up IF they are needed.

Remember that we must always program for the lowest rung of IQ. :D

Peace :D
The variables for early path, second chance, third chance etc. have been reworked.
  • There is one variable for route on/off.
  • There are up to two variables determining if you got on the path late (or in rare cases, very late).
Those Variables will not be called "Holding hands at the cafe" or something. I did it that way, because it wasn't obvious for me until later — I think, if not I have no excuse — that they were "late route options" and then just changed the description(?).

Early on, my mod even deactivated some options, when you selected others (like Daph+Scarlet teaching). Anyway. Profiles will have the variables more discernable as "On Route" and optional "Started route on second/third opportunity".
This second/third variable is not really relevant for being on the route. It's just some smaller dialogue variance later on? TropecitaGames help me out here man! :D

Edit:
No Trop post seconds before mine! Good!
Blood pressure, down boy!

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
On Trope's computer........
On Patreon/SS right now, the next one is cooking (too slowly for my taste) on Trop's computerS :cool:

I bet Trop already has the next few updates on his computer (maybe not rendered but maybe written down), not to mention the whole story in his head :ROFLMAO:
I work with:
* A general outline of the whole game that will lead me to the epilogue already written down.
* An update sketch for the next 4-5 updates with which scenes/events/dialogues are mandatory in that update and which are optional and can be moved to the previous/next update. It allows for flexibility and adding ideas provided by you, the players.
* The update I am working on at the time (0.14 now), going from the previous schematic to something playable at dialogue, renders, and code levels.

So there aren't any written-down updates other than the epilogue.
There is a "sad" real-life story about the epilogue. If anyone is interested, feel free to ask.

Considering that Trop has basically given us the rough outline through the end of the game already ...
View attachment 3074773
Only the epilogue, as said above.

Well that's normal to know already the way you want your game go (like a global scripts) and it's nice that he has explain the big line of it, personaly that make me want more to follow the game knowing where it goes and seen that the dev know the story he want :) Seen where part 1 finish, we can hope to have 3 more part minimum with great story <3

(Before part 2 come i think i will do again the game from 0 to refresh my mind ^^)
From what I've been told, there are a lot of devs who do that, but there is another big group who works on the fly, without a clear goal, only to keep the game alive.

It's really simple: If you just play the game normally following WT choices, without tweaking variables, you will be on everyone's route. For a few people so far (particularly Norah and Martha so far), the choices section will NOT have all options toggled "on", because those are alternative methods to get on their routes. They're not a checklist that should all be "on". Ignore the options you didn't need (or see).
I will add Erika to the "(particularly Norah and Martha so far)" with three chances to open the path (Norah only has two). Besides that, I wouldn't have written it more clearly.

How do you program for houseplants (I mean, some of the "people" on this forum.......)?
With a lot of water :cool:
Can't see Trop having posted about it yet (will get a f*ing rage fit if he answers seconds before me!)

The variables for early path, second chance, third chance etc. have been reworked.
  • There is one variable for route on/off.
  • There are up to two variables determining if you got on the path late (or in rare cases, very late).
Those Variables will not be called "Holding hands at the cafe" or something. I did it that way, because it wasn't obvious for me until later — I think, if not I have no excuse — that they were "late route options" and then just changed the description(?).

Early on, my mod even deactivated some options, when you selected others (like Daph+Scarlet teaching). Anyway. Profiles will have the variables more discernable as "On Route" and optional "Started route on second/third opportunity".
This second/third variable is not really relevant for being on the route. It's just some smaller dialogue variance later on? TropecitaGames help me out here man! :D

Edit:
No Trop post seconds before mine! Good!
Blood pressure, down boy!
Hey, I was out of home!!!!
But... what Riam said!
The most clear examples of the first/second chance path opening are:
* Erika: You got beaten at the bathroom (meeting Alexia) or at the Club (not meeting her). With the second chance, you also involve Jamaal in sending Erika the pics of Jack cheating on her. The third chance is linked with Norah's choices.
* Norah: If you let her in the shower (first chance) you have had something with her before Erika's first choice. If you wait until the second, you kiss Erika in her first and second choices before opening the path. But if you chose Erika's third chance, you are on Norah's path before it.
There are changes in dialogue with all those combinations (Norah saying you owe her a shower (2nd), Erika referencing the pictures (2nd and 3rd), Alexia talking about the two times you fight Jack (Erika's 1st) or only once (Erika's 2nd or 3rd). Erika gets angrier (in the sauna) if you kissed her before her mother (Erika 1st or 2nd and Norah's 2nd).
Those are only examples of dialogue changes.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
sorry, during my Wild years, my friends and me used the pharse " I'm gonna bake, and bring down a Cliffhanger" when we went to the toilet to make big business ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: and motseer run inocently in to it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
So .13 has a cliffhanger eh? Interesting, though not that surprising considering many of the past updates have also had cliffhanger endings

Reactions: Trope95

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
As long as it's not Scarlett's spaghetti... :p
But she tried so hard...

sorry, during my Wild years, my friends and me used the pharse " I'm gonna bake, and bring down a Cliffhanger" when we went to the toilet to make big business ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: and motseer run inocently in to it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You make that sound like your "Wild years" have ended... I don't believe you... and my innocence ended very shortly after puberty...so... I have no idea what you're talkin' 'bout :whistle::cool:

• Haha
Reactions: xapican and Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
So .13 has a cliffhanger eh? Interesting, though not that surprising considering many of the past updates have also had cliffhanger endings
The only "cliffhangers" I remember, in the whole game, are in 0.11A ("arrested" Lisa) and somewhat 0.12 (picking up Eileen and Kiara). Those were cliffhangers for everyone.
0.13's is choices dependent, so not everyone will see them (yes, in plural) or their "resolution" in 0.14. Some players would think "where is the cliffhanger?"

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes