TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Did you by chance turned off the quick menu via "some means" in Part one? Because I check "our" persistent variable and, as I just found out, still have the old variable there to check as well...
Which would, keep the Quick Menu hidden, because that variable isn't touched in part 2 anymore *laughs in German*
That's correct, I turned it off in a previous release by using the Q key. I briefly wondered if that was the cause, but wasn't sure where to look to find it.

And thanks for persisting (pun intended, lol) with this.
I'll test that file now.

Reactions: Trope95 and RiamMar

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
FOLLOWUP:

Did as instructed.

No error, but the Q key does nothing at all, regardless of what I mess with in the settings.

(P key works fine now though.)
Yes, because I'm stupid... This "fix" would be overwritten by the variable state of your savegame…
Do you have a renpy console? Probably, but if not, drop the attached file in the game directory.

1. Load save
  2. Open console "Shift+O" (Ohh)
  3. type "quick_menu = True" (case sensitive) without quotation marks
  4. Make sure you removed the "for_TheSidewinder_only.rpy" and "rpyc"
  5. (hopefully) profit

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Yes, because I'm stupid... This "fix" would be overwritten by the variable state of your savegame…
Do you have a renpy console? Probably, but if not, drop the attached file in the game directory.

1. Load save
  2. Open console "Shift+O" (Ohh)
  3. type "quick_menu = True" (case sensitive) without quotation marks
  4. Make sure you removed the "for_TheSidewinder_only.rpy" and "rpyc"
  5. (hopefully) profit
Yes, that did the trick! Thank you. :)

(Though I'm a bit annoyed I didn't think of doing that myself, lol.)

Reactions: Trope95 and RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Yes, that did the trick! Thank you. :)

(Though I'm a bit annoyed I didn't think of doing that myself, lol.)
Sometimes, you have to get your hands dirty… :LOL:

I could have made a patch, introduce a new variable to track if the patch was already applied to not re-apply the patch every time... Felt easier this way (for me)

Kyounshi

Feb 27, 2019
Elhermeer explanation below is the best one can give.

I only want to add that the MC didn't want to fight. He wanted Jack to behave like a gentleman and confess to Erika once he was caught. One of the MC's biggest faults is that he projects on others how he would behave in different circumstances. He's naïve in that and, if he was in Jack's positon, he would have his dick inside his pants and go talk to Erika.

Fair enough, but not wanting to fight isn't really a reason to just passively take that bad of a beating. He could have at least restrained the guy, dodged his attacks, or anything else, intead of auditioning for the role of a punching bag. It just seems real goofy to me is all... but it is what it is.

Reactions: Trope95

Kyounshi

Feb 27, 2019
I don't know how many times you've had your bell rung, but once it happens, it changes things.

MC felt like he had the upper hand, was completely surprised the guy even attacked, then had his bell rung by banging it on something behind him (sink, pipe, don't remember) and then got wailed on without being able to recover.

Yes, it was stupid that his guard was down, but the rest of it wasn't a fight.

If that really upset you (on a manliness level) so bad, you should enjoy what happens later.
it didn't really phase me on a "manliness level." I just found it incredibly naive and stupid to not have your guard up against someone who is obviously already irate, verbally abusive, violent and talking shit before you even confront him. The guy was gunpowder right next to an open flame. Also, I grew up fighting, had my "bell rung" before. I know how hard it is to even move after taking a nasty blow to the back of the head. What I'm saying is it shouldn't have even gotten to that point. Why would you be surprised someone swung at you after pulling them off someone else mid-fuck? :confused:

Reactions: Trope95

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Also, I grew up fighting, had my "bell rung" before. I know how hard it is to even move after taking a nasty blow to the back of the head.
Same. I got my bell rung so bad once I stumbled into the roadway and almost got hit by a car. Two days later, I fought the dude again. That time I rang his bell. Shit was ongoing for a few months. After awhile, we just stopped. Hated that fucker. :ROFLMAO:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
The only Alaskan I ever met (that I know of) wore tank tops and shorts to our 40-degree evening campfires at summer camp. Made all of us shiver. (I believe their family was visiting family near the camp all summer? Something like that.)

I hope he wasn't too cold when they went home ...
I'm not alaskan but 40F doesn't warrant any wardrobe changes for me. I'm generally a short sleeves and flipflops guy. Even below freezing I'll usually still rock that, until there's snow on the ground, then I switch to snow boots, cause wet. Generally coats don't come out unless there's gonna be prolonged time in sub freezing weather.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm not alaskan but 40F doesn't warrant any wardrobe changes for me. I'm generally a short sleeves and flipflops guy. Even below freezing I'll usually still rock that, until there's snow on the ground, then I switch to snow boots, cause wet. Generally coats don't come out unless there's gonna be prolonged time in sub freezing weather.
Not that it's important, but were you like that when you were 10? I got that way in my teens (especially when it annoyed my parents) but with everyone else changing to pants and camp sweaters to sit around the fires in the cool-to-cold evenings in the mountains, he stood out quite a bit.

(I also lost that about 10 years ago ... I sit in my room with the heater going at night if it's under 60 now :cry: )

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Not that it's important, but were you like that when you were 10? I got that way in my teens (especially when it annoyed my parents) but with everyone else changing to pants and camp sweaters to sit around the fires in the cool-to-cold evenings in the mountains, he stood out quite a bit.

(I also lost that about 10 years ago ... I sit in my room with the heater going at night if it's under 60 now :cry: )
basically my whole life, can't stand to be hot though way less heat tolerance. if i'm cold, i'm sick.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
How do you explain the attached pic then
If you want the incest, either
  • Download the patch.rpy from the OP and place it in the game folder or
  • Create an empty file in the game folder and rename it to patch.rpy
make sure you have the setting in the main menu set correctly:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
If you want the incest, either
  • Download the patch.rpy from the OP and place it in the game folder or
  • Create an empty file in the game folder and rename it to patch.rpy
make sure you have the setting in the main menu set correctly:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ohh. That worked, mb.

Thanks

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes