Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Yeah just looked it up, never knew the word in english/latin though. In my language we call it "bloed uitstorting", I guess that's a literal translation of hematoma? Also to be fair, it's not a word you come across daily =P
I guess you are Dutch or Flemish. Not that I speak Dutch, but I googled "bloed uitstorting" to know which is your language. The first result in Google made me chuckle.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Most of the time, "Hematoma" is used in a medical environment. Non-medical people think it's just a bruise and don't know the difference, but the MC dealt with Samantha when he was beaten by Jack and she made him aware of it. When proofreading Chapter 4 (when Sam shows up at MC's home to give him the ointment) my wife asked "Why don't you use 'bruise' instead?". Because then you don't need a nurse to run her beautiful hands through your body. :ROFLMAO:

Wasn't it patch.txt? I mean that works for me.
.rpy, .txt, or .rpyc would work IIRC

Mar 29, 2023
I guess you are Dutch or Flemish. Not that I speak Dutch, but I googled "bloed uitstorting" to know which is your language. The first result in Google made me chuckle.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Most of the time, "Hematoma" is used in a medical environment. Non-medical people think it's just a bruise and don't know the difference, but the MC dealt with Samantha when he was beaten by Jack and she made him aware of it. When proofreading Chapter 4 (when Sam shows up at MC's home to give him the ointment) my wife asked "Why don't you use 'bruise' instead?". Because then you don't need a nurse to run her beautiful hands through your body. :ROFLMAO:

.rpy, .txt, or .rpyc would work IIRC
hahahahaha xD I also didn't know that even in my language it's called hematoom. Good find! =)

And yeah, my native language is dutch.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Hematomas and bruises are similar but not the same
Lost in translation, Moreton o Hematoma ( spanish) is used coloquial for both, what you are pointing out is Hemoragia subcutanea,in spanish, I had this when I was interpreting a Medical case online, you are absolutly right to point out the Medical differences, allthough by the extension of the Area hematoma could fit easyly both are treated with Herparine

Reactions: Aion_Abyss

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Lost in translation, Moreton o Hematoma ( spanish) is used coloquial for both, what you are pointing out is Hemoragia subcutanea,in spanish, I had this when I was interpreting a Medical case online, you are absolutly right to point out the Medical differences, allthough by the extension of the Area hematoma could fit easyly both are treated with Herparine
To my knowledge, only the really serious cases need treatment. The blood retained both in the skin and in muscles, unless the bleeding didn't stop, is easily and painlessly absorbed. There are some instances where the blood clots and may need a lot of extra care, because then it is a ticking bomb. Fortunately those instances are rare and our bodies do a great job cleaning it up.
Notice that I am talking specifically of blunt force trauma applied to muscles or fat tissue, not bone or unprotected organs. Any other type of trauma has it's own set of issues and rules.

It should be mentioned that during the first fight with Erika's former "boyfriend", the MC only got so bruised because after being surprised by shove against the urinals where he got dizzy, he then received a few hard undefended kicks on his chest and arms. These are obviously Hematomas, and would disappear on their own without treatment, the intervention by Samantha only hurried it along by maybe one or 2 days.

Peace :D

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
To my knowledge, only the really serious cases need treatment. The blood retained both in the skin and in muscles, unless the bleeding didn't stop, is easily and painlessly absorbed. There are some instances where the blood clots and may need a lot of extra care, because then it is a ticking bomb. Fortunately those instances are rare and our bodies do a great job cleaning it up.
Notice that I am talking specifically of blunt force trauma applied to muscles or fat tissue, not bone or unprotected organs. Any other type of trauma has it's own set of issues and rules.

It should be mentioned that during the first fight with Erika's former "boyfriend", the MC only got so bruised because after being surprised by shove against the urinals where he got dizzy, he then received a few hard undefended kicks on his chest and arms. These are obviously Hematomas, and would disappear on their own without treatment, the intervention by Samantha only hurried it along by maybe one or 2 days.

Peace :D
"Heparine subcutanous and Intravenous in severe cases of Internal Hematomes, so you're right, for extesive bruises there is an Ointment on the Market, Altough under different comercial names "Menaven" Heparina gel, over here, but from the time I had the Pharmacy in the lesser cases It was prescribed.
And the IV /SC I didn't sell any because they were admintrated by the "Clinic" themselves, (Note in your Countrys there will be and are different regulations about this, also the Meds use different treatments).

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Time to restart games for the 2nd time in a month. Had to factory reset my phone a couple weeks ago, and bye bye saves. And this weekend had an OTA update brick my phone so again bye bye saves, ugh. On the bright side this is worth replaying.

• Sad
Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Time to restart games for the 2nd time in a month. Had to factory reset my phone a couple weeks ago, and bye bye saves. And this weekend had an OTA update brick my phone so again bye bye saves, ugh. On the bright side this is worth replaying.
If you don't want to start from Chapter 1, you can start a new game in Part 2 and answer a "short" questionnaire about your choices.

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes