mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
thanks, i found it before i even asked why the game switched languages. i was just commenting on his post that "its embarassing" as i dont think everyone here is native english speakers to begin with and secondly they might not have fiddled with the settings all that much so not finding the language tab in a different language you dont speak isn't what i would consider embarassing ignorance is all.

Reactions: Trope95

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
thanks, i found it before i even asked why the game switched languages. i was just commenting on his post that "its embarassing" as i dont think everyone here is native english speakers to begin with and secondly they might not have fiddled with the settings all that much so not finding the language tab in a different language you dont speak isn't what i would consider embarassing ignorance is all.
Embarrassing ignorance? Not at all.

BUT.

I'm sorry, but many times it feels like mental laziness. Ignorance isn't a problem, no one is born knowing everything. But, unwillingness or incapability of thinking or adapting to new situations is indeed a problem. If people speak more than one language, then it is even WORSE. Because they must already know how to figure out things like that, so if they are not capable, is NOT out of incapability but instead of unwillingness.

Also. Why can't people just click here and there until they find something? I used to download mods from a russian website and subtitles from a japanese one, I don't speak russian or japanese... yet... I found what I needed. Am I a superior human or just a curious SOB that didn't let it stop me?

So much drama over a small thing that is solved in 10 seconds...

drama.gif

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
All good, I guess someone took it poorly, the way you asked that is all, and I for myself (freshly woken up) just copy paste your post and exchanged spanish for english just to fool a bit around and ballbust I saw that Bob69 originally answered you,
so thank's for putting some color in our grey days ;) hope you enjoy your playtrough

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
In the next installment (v.0.15, third release of Part 2) I made a change so that for the people for whom the game reverts to Spanish (I haven't found the reason why it reverts to Spanish for some players) the Breadcrumb path to change languages (Configuración > Idioma > English) is shown in English even in the Spanish version (Settings > Language > English).

99% of Spanish speakers can find their way around if the word "Settings" is shown.
Any of us that grew up in Texas can figure out how to find the settings easily enough even if everything is in Spanish. ;)

it's also fair to call out and take the piss out of him.
Always the light in every room.:devilish:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
The only Spanish some Yanks and Limeys know is "Hasta la vista, baby!" (and they mistranslate that to "Imo kick yo ass!" . . . )
I like how all of the signs get posted saying "Se habla Espanol" when what they mean is "Hablamos Espanol". I maybe see one in twenty done the correct way, and around here, it's on more than half the businesses and work vehicles you run across.

<whispers conspiratorially> Yeah, I know. I just can't help but smile at xapi's Spanglish when he is waxing comedic in his posts (when I read them, I hear Cheech Marin's voice); it's actually kind of endearing . . . ;) :LOL:
Cheech?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ok, what the ever loving fuck is happening today!!??

I feel so used&abused and not in the good way........
That's what you get for trolling the truckstop parking lot...

You've become the equal but opposite of Sato, they're always right, you're, now, always to blame
At least that's what Satou said...

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I like how all of the signs get posted saying "Se habla Espanol" when what they mean is "Hablamos Espanol". I maybe see one in twenty done the correct way, and around here, it's on more than half the businesses and work vehicles you run across.
Who says that the Mexicans and Mezzo Americans speak spanish ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: they all speak "Spanglish" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Like Pick up truck is "la troca" (Camioneta) the insurance "la aseguranza" (el seguro) the court "la corte" (juzgado) the gangs "las gangas" (pandillas) etc etc. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Well, technically I'm rewardin myself. If that's also a reward for you, we're golden. :ROFLMAO:
Just, please, no golden showers (at least not in front of us). :LOL:

Das kommt mir aber Spanisch vor / that seems spanish to me :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Ach du lieber!:FacePalm:

ThorinKing Bro use multi quote and don't post 4 comments in a row.
When I run across things in rapid succession, I do; when I change pages or scroll several spots down, I don't. I'll do me, you do you. Grazie!

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022

Cheech?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That's what you get for trolling the truckstop parking lot...

At least that's what Satou said...
"Se habla español" (without the capital E) is correct in Spain's Spanish for "Spanish spoken/We speak Spanish", although you are right about the most usual "Hablamos español".

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
"Se habla español" (without the capital E) is correct in Spain's Spanish for "Spanish spoken/We speak Spanish", although you are right about the most usual "Hablamos español".
I learned some basic "Espanol" in a Texas classroom, and we didn't necessarily learn "European" Spanish but more "New World" Spanish, since that's what we'd encounter around here. Some of the little rules (like the capitalization you noted) would be completely missed by (and probably weren't taught to) elementary and junior high kids not fully immersed in the language - many have a hard enough time with the rules of the language they grew up with! :LOL: Since I was unaware of that rule until now, if I were to see it in lower case, I'd figure the writer was either lazy (most people these days) or heavily influenced by e.e. cummings. ;)

And, on the signs I see, they are either all caps, or use uppercase for "Espanol", so still incorrect based on the rule.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I learned some basic "Espanol" in a Texas classroom, and we didn't necessarily learn "European" Spanish but more "New World" Spanish, since that's what we'd encounter around here. Some of the little rules (like the capitalization you noted) would be completely missed by (and probably weren't taught to) elementary and junior high kids not fully immersed in the language - many have a hard enough time with the rules of the language they grew up with! :LOL: Since I was unaware of that rule until now, if I were to see it in lower case, I'd figure the writer was either lazy (most people these days) or heavily influenced by e.e. cummings. ;)

And, on the signs I see, they are either all caps, or use uppercase for "Español", so still incorrect based on the rule.
In all Latinamerican countrys, In shool, they teach "Castillian spanish" (neutral spanish), which of course in all the spanish speaking countrys nobody speaks in the day to day.
the "se habla español" is really a formal way to point out that they speak spanish, the whole sentence would be " En este negocio se habla español" (In this shop they speak spanish)
"hablamos español" (we speak spanish) most comon used when you are directly asked, or you make an afirmation about a group of people, both are correct,

Reactions: ThorinKing

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
If it doesn't apply to you it doesn't apply to you. I specified native speakers if you're not, move along you weren't the target for that comment. You're initial post was still unnecessarily ass-holey.

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes