AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Thanks, Alex!
About the "fastest" or "slowest" I won't enter the argument because it's a lost one because everyone has their preferences. I did a survey among the subscribers about it, but I want to know your opinion:
Would you prefer updates every 15 days that give you 20 minutes of playtime? (What most (not all) of the "fastest" games on this site do)
Would you prefer updates every 30-45 days that give you 120-150 minutes of playtime? (My Dorm's model)
Or would you prefer updates every 8-12 months that give you 240-300 minutes of playtime? (The model of one of the games My Dorm has been compared to)

I'm sure there are faster games on the site. Just tell me one with an average of 100 renders and 600+ words per development day. That would mean 1,500 renders and 9,000 words for games with 15 days release schedule.
You are doing a great job in the way the game is, and to be complete clear, my intention on "not the fastest" was not in any an negative way (there is a really small group of developers that i know that can keep both good content and constant updates, like you do), i really like the game the way is, i may not complete agree with some of the choices of the mc but i understand those, and keeping the game the way is (30-45 days/120-150 minutes of playtime) for me is a way to keep with the games that i like.
Also yeah I can say that everyone would love to have 1,500 renders/9,000 words every 15 days, but we need to be real, anyone that even remotely played with renders and writing know that this is almost impossible.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
that quip about not being the fastest feels out of place and downright unfair.

Peace :(
I never said that not the fastest as being negative, how many developers you see keeping good content and updated regularly? I never said "this developer is slow on the updates, he keep pushing updates for the next month, "finally the update is here"". You may be seeing things on my comment because of how much you love this game, just read what i said, slow and you can see that was never my intention to diminish the good work that the developer is doing.

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
Official Compressions were always allowed in the OP. Only unofficial compressions are not linked anymore to lower our work load. People should be able to use the search. :)
I once heard of this mythical search function, yet I never even once was able to see it.
I feel like I would have to make certain action in order for it to appear and even prepare an offering for it to make it search something for me. Yet I'll never know. I am well too affraid to do so. What if it eats me instead of the offering?! :eek:

Mrs. Games would hunt you down and put a beatin' on ya!
Actually, I have a feeling Mrs. Games would even help us. We just need to give her a whip and ask politely to hurry him up once in a while.

Dec 20, 2020
If you change to family before loading, it works.
If you change to family once playing, you should advance a couple of dialogue lines for it to work.
As I mentioned in the edit to my post, I finally got it to work. Just lost the desire to play because I was ready for some sleep. Now to actually get some time into this release before my dog starts begging for a morning walk. He does that if I get caught up in something, and too much time goes by. His poop timer will run out, and if I say "just a minute, Bubba" too many times, I'll have to clean a mess off the carpet.

johnpouljones

Oct 17, 2023
I have finished the last update. I like it. Dev does a good job as usual. The next update is definitely planned. But I hope that one of the next updates will be devoted to Alexia and Eileen. Especially Alexia. :love:
PS. I like the scene on the swing. Yummy.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
One dev who likes to criticize My Dorm model saying the updates are small, among other things, released two updates in 442 days. According to his changelogs, it added up to ~92,000 words and 6,000 renders (210 words/day and 13,5 renders/day). 6.5 hours of playtime according to him (53 seconds of playtime per development day). Everyone praised him for his big updates.
My Dorm, in the last 446 days, has published 264,773 words and 26,324 renders, 593 and 59 per day respectively, in 13 updates. 18 hours of playtime following the same rule of 14,000 words per hour (145 seconds of playtime per development day). I disagree with the 14,000 words per hour, but to weigh both games with the same metrics I will keep them.
Who the fuck would criticize and not expect someone to look at how they do business and not get flack? I assume you didn't complain since you are way more classy.

Those in glass houses.......

• Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes