Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
very good but it would be interesting to have more progress in the character's story, such as the pregnancy being more noticeable and more story content in itself
Earliest pregnancy: Eileen on Day 6
In-game date: Day 17

I don't know about anyone who shows signs of pregnancy in 11 days. They aren't opossums!!!

More story content? I literally can't!!!
Stories in Part 2 (last 3 updates):
- Kiara and Eileen moving into the house
- Kate's backstory
- Kiara in the hospital
- Scarlett's moving into the house
- Scarlett "discovering" she's MC's half-sister
- Saira moving into the house
- Samantha and Simone's reveal
- Bonding with Norah and Erika
- Beach (too many subscenes, but some reveals)
- Daph's date
- Eileen wants to abandon the house
- Lisa's story with Anthony, and how the beach affected her (and her sister)
- More reveals
- Clones story
- Pregnancy tests
- Visiting Kiara's house
- Students feel more comfortable in the family

Do you really want more story content in 3 updates???

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021

I don't know about anyone who shows signs of pregnancy in 11 days. They aren't opossums!!!

- Kate's backstory
- Kiara in the hospital
- Daph's date
- More reveals
- Clones story
- Pregnancy tests
- Visiting Kiara's house

no.jpg

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
very good but it would be interesting to have more progress in the character's story, such as the pregnancy being more noticeable and more story content in itself
How do you want to have more noticable pregnancy when MC returend home not even three weeks ago? And, if I do recall correcty, the first option to actually make a girl pregnant was a the end of the first week.
Girls do have nausea, some even mention they have been throwing up lately. Elieen has weird cravings, like... burger with strawberries. Yet it too soon for any of them to say they miss thier period.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
How do you want to have more noticable pregnancy when MC returend home not even three weeks ago? And, if I do recall correcty, the first option to actually make a girl pregnant was a the end of the first week.
Girls do have nausea, some even mention they have been throwing up lately. Elieen has weird cravings, like... burger with strawberries. Yet it too soon for any of them to say they miss thier period.
How, this is how it really happens...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017

- Kate's backstory
- Kiara in the hospital
- Daph's date
- More reveals
- Clones story
- Pregnancy tests
- Visiting Kiara's house

Well, I am sure more content with girls we have already met, like our hairdresser for example, would be certainly welcome. Yet do not feel forced to do it just for the sake of doing it. There is already more than enough plotlines to follow in My Dorm, not to mention following plots of other games.

I never got it why people are using the "half-" term. It doesn't really make sense. You are siblings either by both parents, or by one of them, be it mother or father, but you are still siblings nevertheless.

How, this is how it really happens...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
heresy.png

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
I never got it why people are using the "half-" term. It doesn't really make sense. You are siblings either by both parents, or by one of them, be it mother or father, but you are still siblings nevertheless.
Siblings by only one parent are called half-siblings because it's shorter and easier to say.

Reactions: Trope95

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
Then there are cross-siblings. Half-siblings of half-siblings who aren't actually related. I'm not even making this up. :)
You know how your sibling-in-law is either your spouse's sibling or you sibling's spouse? But if in the first case the sibling also have a spouse, or in the second case the spouse has a sibling, that would make them your spouse's sibling's spouse or your sibling's spouse's sibling. Yeah, my native language has a name for that. Doesn't usually come up.

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
The dev/writer has definitely won my prize for "Best Changelog Ever." Why, I think it's the first one I've seen that actually puts dates next to the update so that I don't have to scroll up Page 1 to see when the thread was updated! And it has a spreadsheet and "update rank." With such love devoted to a changelog, I can only imagine what awaits me in the AVN itself. Will snag this one today. Cheers.

Ed. As to "version standards" commented upon above-- A v.1.0 means the game is "complete," but as we know, "complete" doesn't necessarily mean "complete," nor does an arbitrary 0.1 or whatever mean a lack of playable game. In publishing, a new edition is said to be worthwhile when 20% of the book's size expands (source: Chicago Manual), often coinciding with a restructuring or major edit of the work. "Updates," by comparison, are fixes and improvements not changing the work enough to warrant a new edition.

One could compare editions to the primary decimal space of a "version," another ambiguous term. The 2nd decimal seems to be a nice place for patches and bugfix-only updates, as can be seen on Steam. One rarely sees "Version 2.0" in software unless the entire sausage is being revamped with new graphics and features or something. Devs now add letters and words to the end of versions, as if they were virus patches or something. I don't know what to think about that. Anyway-- I expect to see a ton of a content when I see a "1.0" but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. :)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Well, I am sure more content with girls we have already met, like our hairdresser for example, would be certainly welcome. Yet do not feel forced to do it just for the sake of doing it. There is already more than enough plotlines to follow in My Dorm, not to mention following plots of other games.

Sophie won't show up again. She was going to be a side chick (introduced in Chapter 3, like Megan and Maddie) who could provide sex scenes while the relationships developed. But in Chapter 4 the MC was already impregnating Eileen, so she wasn't needed anymore and Megan and Maddie became full LIs.

Sadly that is not Claire Daine:

View attachment 3351722
Thanks for the clarification! Always thought she was Claire Daines with older makeup!

Then there are cross-siblings. Half-siblings of half-siblings who aren't actually related. I'm not even making this up. :)
This?
1707863509804.png
We don't have a word for Cross-sibling in Spanish if it's that. And we have words for almost every type of kinship!

You know how your sibling-in-law is either your spouse's sibling or you sibling's spouse? But if in the first case the sibling also have a spouse, or in the second case the spouse has a sibling, that would make them your spouse's sibling's spouse or your sibling's spouse's sibling. Yeah, my native language has a name for that. Doesn't usually come up.
Spanish also has a word for it (concuñado/a). It's rarely used, but everyone knows what it means.

The dev/writer has definitely won my prize for "Best Changelog Ever." Why, I think it's the first one I've seen that actually puts dates next to the update so that I don't have to scroll up Page 1 to see when the thread was updated! And it has a spreadsheet and "update rank." With such love devoted to a changelog, I can only imagine what awaits me in the AVN itself. Will snag this one today. Cheers.

Ed. As to "version standards" commented upon above-- A v.1.0 means the game is "complete," but as we know, "complete" doesn't necessarily mean "complete," nor does an arbitrary 0.1 or whatever mean a lack of playable game. In publishing, a new edition is said to be worthwhile when 20% of the book's size expands (source: Chicago Manual), often coinciding with a restructuring or major edit of the work. "Updates," by comparison, are fixes and improvements not changing the work enough to warrant a new edition.

One could compare editions to the primary decimal space of a "version," another ambiguous term. The 2nd decimal seems to be a nice place for patches and bugfix-only updates, as can be seen on Steam. One rarely sees "Version 2.0" in software unless the entire sausage is being revamped with new graphics and features or something. Devs now add letters and words to the end of versions, as if they were virus patches or something. I don't know what to think about that. Anyway-- I expect to see a ton of a content when I see a "1.0" but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. :)
Thanks! I'm an engineer, and I love numbers. It's the only objective way to compare two updates. The rest are personal tastes.
Only a little clarification. The date added to the changelog is the date when it was published on Patreon/SS, not F95. The free release (F95 and other sites) is published 18 days after Patreon/SS.

My version numbering for Part 1 was arbitrary. I started with 1.0 (changed to 0.1 some days later) because that's how we do things in my company. If the software works by itself, it's 1.0, and we expand over it.
People, accurately, informed me about the standard in AVNs and I changed it to not add confusion.
Then came Chapter 4 (0.4.X), which had to be split in two because of time constraints (0.4.1 and 0.4.5). It looked bad. Even if they were two complete updates 0.4.5 looked like a bugfix for 0.4.1, so from then on, when a "day" had to be split I named the updates covering it 0.XA.Y and 0.XB.Y (0.7, 0.9, 0.10, and 0.11), with X being the chapter and Y being the bugfix iteration.

You will see a ton of content in the game up to v.0.15. I hope you enjoy it!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Sadly that is not Claire Daine:

View attachment 3351722
Huh ... I was wrong too:
Twitter users have speculated on who the lady in the meme is, with some insisting she's Julia Roberts and others, Katee Sackhoff. The "Battlestar Galactica" actress refuted claims in a tweet: "I don't see it...," although, we do. Another user thought it was Claire Danes: "Googled 'Claire Danes math meme' only to find out that 'confused math lady' is not Claire Danes, and now I myself am confused math lady."

The Confused Math Lady is actually Brazilian actress Renata Sorrah, who portrays a villain in the telenovela "Senhora do Destino," per Know Your Meme. The screenshots come from a scene in the show in which where Sorrah's character is in jail and is thinking about everything but math. We truly appreciate the creativity of the internet.
A part of me is like "Shouldn't TropecitaGames have known?"
;)

• Haha

Estuana

Nov 14, 2020
Gotta say right off the bat that I've enjoyed this story so far, and almost all of the characters.
The girls have been great but I can't stand the MC which still goes to show he's well written enough, as it's hard to actually dislike bland characters for their traits.
However I gotta know: is the MC supposed to come across as an emotional abuser? or has editing, proofreading, or changing parts of conversations to make the story flow better left him looking that way? I'm confused because it seems like a little of both, as there are some discrepancies with some of his thoughts and actions.
Either way I can't wait to check out the next update <3

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Huh ... I was wrong too:

A part of me is like "Shouldn't TropecitaGames have known?"
;)
Me??? I'm only a poor dev! I'm not omniscient :ROFLMAO:

Gotta say right off the bat that I've enjoyed this story so far, and almost all of the characters.
The girls have been great but I can't stand the MC which still goes to show he's well written enough, as it's hard to actually dislike bland characters for their traits.
However I gotta know: is the MC supposed to come across as an emotional abuser? or has editing, proofreading, or changing parts of conversations to make the story flow better left him looking that way? I'm confused because it seems like a little of both, as there are some discrepancies with some of his thoughts and actions.
Either way I can't wait to check out the next update <3
Nope, the MC isn't supposed to be an emotional abuser.
He's naive, he's young, he's in a situation that is too big for him and he's trying to adapt, he thinks he should be "the man in the house" and change how he behaves depending on each girl's needs and circumstances. He's right, but he's wrong too.
The way he behaves with Emma and Norah, for example, makes him look like a bit of a schizophrenic character or even two different persons.
With Emma, he's controlling, he wants to set the relationship pace and thinks he should restrain the crazy things that Emma would do if he let her.
With Norah, he can let it flow. It's a comfortable ride. There's no trouble looming over the horizon and he can relax. Once the relationship is established, Norah is in a comfortable place too. No more insecurities about her looks.

Emma and Norah's are perhaps the most extreme "MC personalities". But how the girls behave, what every girl needs and wants, is wildly different. Debbie needs someone who shows her she's attractive. Martha needs to feel supported. Eileen needs to feel part of the family. Etc. We even don't know what the hell Betty needs!
And a 20-ish y.o. guy thinks he has to provide all of that. And when something is finally under control, another fire starts to blaze. I don't envy him.

Estuana

Nov 14, 2020
Nope, the MC isn't supposed to be an emotional abuser.
He's naive, he's young, he's in a situation that is too big for him and he's trying to adapt, he thinks he should be "the man in the house" and change how he behaves depending on each girl's needs and circumstances. He's right, but he's wrong too.
The way he behaves with Emma and Norah, for example, makes him look like a bit of a schizophrenic character or even two different persons.
With Emma, he's controlling, he wants to set the relationship pace and thinks he should restrain the crazy things that Emma would do if he let her.
With Norah, he can let it flow. It's a comfortable ride. There's no trouble looming over the horizon and he can relax. Once the relationship is established, Norah is in a comfortable place too. No more insecurities about her looks.

Emma and Norah's are perhaps the most extreme "MC personalities". But how the girls behave, what every girl needs and wants, is wildly different. Debbie needs someone who shows her she's attractive. Martha needs to feel supported. Eileen needs to feel part of the family. Etc. We even don't know what the hell Betty needs!
And a 20-ish y.o. guy thinks he has to provide all of that. And when something is finally under control, another fire starts to blaze. I don't envy him.
Betty's needs are simple, she openly asks for and is repeatedly denied pizza....
Kidding aside acting in a way to make the girls happy was one of the things throwing me off lol, in his thoughts he seems genuine enough. On the other hand in some conversations (like with Martha on the second date) he starts off saying things like "we can go at your pace, there's no rush to going public" then he pushes by saying he doesn't like secrets. When we get to the end of the talk he seems like he's gaslighting by saying "If you're ashamed of me let's end it." It's like finding the boundary, pushing bit by bit followed by a guilt trip, it's a very common tactic for emotional abuse or manipulation, a big 'ol red flag for sure. The last piece that didn't fit was that he wasn't trying to isolate anyone, but rather bring them together.

Thanks for the reply! Knowing now that even if he acts in that way it's not your intention for him to come across as malicious maybe I'll like him a bit more. (It's not that I don't like some asshole or evil characters from time to time but it just did not fit with the story) Guess I can safely change some theories now!

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Because has as much emotional control as a toddler 3 hours over due for a nap. You have to have control over her if not she is nothing but a raging ball of negative emotions. If any female in this harem needs to be a submissive it is Emma.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Because has as much emotional control as a toddler 3 hours over due for a nap. You have to have control over her if not she is nothing but a raging ball of negative emotions. If any female in this harem needs to be a submissive it is Emma.
Sorry, I despise submissiveness and I absolutely LOVE Emma as a loose cannon. Someone that has very few filters on her emotions, that feels everything VERY intensively, that has the courage to own her shortcomings, that is not afraid to love or hate.

She's an almost perfect portrait of a ADHD woman. Just to be clear, I am ADHD. We pay a heavy price for our specialness, but, damn we are worth it. Emma is worth it, making her submissive is a crime (or should be), hopefully it will never happen. I'd rather have Amanda train her, daily. Give some claws to that rage filled Panther and let her lose.

I don't want her tamed, I want her FIERCE, FEROCIOUS. She's not made to be controlled, she's made to RULE.

/Rant

Peace :(

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes