Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
After a few days of no time to play, finally got back.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Then there was this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And, finally: is there an easy way to randomize the eye blinking? I'm starting to get "lizard people" vibes. :alien::eek::(
It was a year since Jack's "last fight". The fight was in 0.4.5 (August 2022) and that sentence from Erika was in 0.11B (August 2023)
That was exactly what I wanted with that Alexia-Buzz MC image :D

There's a way to randomize it, I wanted to research how to implement it, but there's always another render to do or another scene to write.

I think almost every time we see the MC clearly, it's based on a famous scene or meme.
It's mostly a PoV game, so not showing his face too much helps to get more immersion and avoid the comments about him looking old.
The downside is that, when I need to show him, I think players will ask "Who's that guy?" (And now I have Madonna singing in my head), so I show him once in a while. If it makes you laugh, win-win

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Are the eyeblinks gifs or animations? The fact that they can be randomized sounds like renpy choosing when to switch between the static image and the gif/animation, which would mean replacing a static number with a randomizer code (which was #ran - or something like that - in basic, which was the only coding I ever learned)

Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Are the eyeblinks gifs or animations? The fact that they can be randomized sounds like renpy choosing when to switch between the static image and the gif/animation, which would mean replacing a static number with a randomizer code (which was #ran - or something like that - in basic, which was the only coding I ever learned)
They are animations with three renders (a-open eyes, b-half closed, c-closed)
1709377822238.png
Right now they have a set time (the individual number lines) that I found is what works better, and most of them are coded through a function call. Only the ones, like this one, that are linked to other frames in a longer animation are coded individually.

The problem is not the code, it would be random.uniform(A, B) with A the lower threshold and B the higher one. The problem would be getting those thresholds right.

Reactions: ThorinKing

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
They are animations with three renders (a-open eyes, b-half closed, c-closed)
View attachment 3402756
Right now they have a set time (the individual number lines) that I found is what works better, and most of them are coded through a function call. Only the ones, like this one, that are linked to other frames in a longer animation are coded individually.

The problem is not the code, it would be random.uniform(A, B) with A the lower threshold and B the higher one. The problem would be getting those thresholds right.
so I see two options for randomization, but one would be more complicated. One would be to just put a randomizer on the repeat timer (replace 2.5 with random.uniform(1.5-4) for example). The other would obviously be more complicated, which would be to somehow randomize the speed of the blink ... although if I was planning it, I'd plan on randomizing between sets of sequences (if that's not too difficult) ... so you'd have 2-3 pre-set sequences (one what you have, one .4/.2/.4/.2, maybe a third) and it would randomly pick one or the others. And if you combined them, you'd have the possibility of a double-blink happening once in a while ^_^

Yea, it's past my bedtime and I'm talking way to much on something I barely understand. I'm going to bed. Enjoy your day Trope.

• Red Heart

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
so I see two options for randomization, but one would be more complicated. One would be to just put a randomizer on the repeat timer (replace 2.5 with random.uniform(1.5-4) for example). The other would obviously be more complicated, which would be to somehow randomize the speed of the blink ... although if I was planning it, I'd plan on randomizing between sets of sequences (if that's not too difficult) ... so you'd have 2-3 pre-set sequences (one what you have, one .4/.2/.4/.2, maybe a third) and it would randomly pick one or the others. And if you combined them, you'd have the possibility of a double-blink happening once in a while ^_^

Yea, it's past my bedtime and I'm talking way to much on something I barely understand. I'm going to bed. Enjoy your day Trope.
I think I will do the first option, but I also wanted to randomize the 0.5 of eyes closed (0.4-0.6) and do a lot of testing. I should do it... some day.
I even wanted to code a slow blink and a fast blink randomized sequence so I can show the girls emotions a bit more.

How's going work on the next update? After finish in the last one, I can't wait. How will the "kissing" lesson go? And where will he kiss her on? Will Martha be there?

View attachment 3403967
Right now, just 2 minutes ago, I've sent the update to proofread! I guess it could be published on Monday-Wednesday on Patreon/SS.
The kissing lesson is fun and hot. If I don't have Martha there some players will kill me :D

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
If I don't have Martha there some players will kill me
Kill you? And who would finish the game?

I think you've read how creative I can get with a bit of torture, right? I think I would go for a "You would want to die, but I wouldn't let you" kind of thing... Your only escape would be to finish the next few games... I would even let you chose a random number between 10 and 20 new games. But that's your only mercy...

knife.gif

Peace :D

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I think I will do the first option, but I also wanted to randomize the 0.5 of eyes closed (0.4-0.6) and do a lot of testing. I should do it... some day.
I even wanted to code a slow blink and a fast blink randomized sequence so I can show the girls emotions a bit more.
If all the eye blinks have the same code, could you do a find/replace for the whole project? (which could include the eye close randomizer) Obviously the testing should come first, but once you get what you want ...

• Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes