Dragon68549

Sep 2, 2022
I don't know how you'd do it but the AVN community needs to make pseudo union and make its own versions of patron that can do what they want and not rely on people who can't respect other's preferences. If people can donate or kickstarter $100k's to random people on the net how come we can't do that? There's got to be some country that wants the money and won't get their panties in a bunch over every little thing.

Mow.Mow.Mow.

Oct 10, 2022
I believe it's actually the banks/payment processors that are forcing patreon to constantly update what is & isn't allowed as opposed to patreon themselves - it's shite that they are going along with the demands enforced on them, but they are probably in a similar situation as the people/groups whose accounts they are targeting.

That said, I really don't believe patreon have any right to go after accounts that aren't distributing or mentioning content that goes against their TOS/guidelines directly on patreon itself. If the dev or some third party provides a mod/patch that adds said content after the fact then I don't believe patreon legally have a leg to stand on when it comes to banning said accounts. If you were releasing the game on patreon with the content included in the build but locked behind a password or some other method then that would be another matter entirely.

Last edited:

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
I believe it's actually the banks/payment processors that are forcing patreon to constantly update what is & isn't allowed as opposed to patreon themselves - ....
That is precisely how it works. Banks and payment processors are businesses...in business to make a PROFIT. They would never turn down a method that increases their profit potential unless they were facing outside influences to stop those processes. The outside influences are agencies, institutions, or even governments themselves who have a majority of "legislative leadership" who have "moral majority" objections to the content. The only other possibility is that Patreon's leadership ITSELF is a "moral majority" population. But that is probably highly unlikely for the business they are in. So they are most likely being "told" by other agencies (credit card companies, institutions, government agencies) who have already been "threatened" by "moral majority" advocates themselves.

It's the same type of things that are happening with other "moral majority" activists concerning LGBTQ stuff. "Let's boycott Target stores and get them to quit selling that stuff!"

Heck, I'm waiting for them to boycott Oscar Meyer for selling hot dogs. "Those things look like PENISES and are going to corrupt our young if we don't stop them from making and selling them!!!" :FacePalm:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Nope I'm the one who will email your wife that you played with her Lipstick again :p :p :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hmm I thought you were the one who pissed in my lawnmower tank? Also, I'm not married and if you told my ol' lady I played with her lipstick, she'd tell you that she doesn't have any. She has lip gloss and the only time I play with it, is when she's wearing it. :whistle: ;)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Hmm I thought you were the one who pissed in my lawnmower tank? Also, I'm not married and if you told my ol' lady I played with her lipstick, she'd tell you that she doesn't have any. She has lip gloss and the only time I play with it, is when she's wearing it. :whistle: ;)
You know it is funny my neighbour mows his lawn now with a nail scissor, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: specially on Saturday mornings :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
The only other possibility is that Patreon's leadership ITSELF is a "moral majority" population.
Close, it's the credit card companies taking the position of the moral majority as you're putting it. Big credit card company's practically have a monopoly just split between the 2 biggest ones with a few smaller providers fighting for scraps and niches. Since the big 2 control so much of the market without any meaningful competition that they don't need to worry about tip toeing around public reaction or outside influence. Oh you're gonna boycott mastercard? Good for you, good luck working with the alternatives who take the same stances or don't provide the same coverage. Same with Visa. Meanwhile American Express isn't serviced at a lot of stores both online and brick and mortar. So it makes no sense that the credit card companies need to placate public approval when they practically own the entire industry and are absolutely needed to function in an increasingly online society. The only alternative, and only logical conclusion, is that it's internal pressure from their board of directors and share holders. Have to remember that the US is traditionally a very religious and socially conservative nation. The religious right has a long standing hold on a lot of the economic power of the nation and much of the generational wealth and they have a lot of influence on the policy, both public and private within it.

Reactions: Trope95 and gwalc

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Close, it's the credit card companies taking the position of the moral majority as you're putting it. Big credit card company's practically have a monopoly just split between the 2 biggest ones with a few smaller providers fighting for scraps and niches. Since the big 2 control so much of the market without any meaningful competition that they don't need to worry about tip toeing around public reaction or outside influence. Oh you're gonna boycott mastercard? Good for you, good luck working with the alternatives who take the same stances or don't provide the same coverage. Same with Visa. Meanwhile American Express isn't serviced at a lot of stores both online and brick and mortar. So it makes no sense that the credit card companies need to placate public approval when they practically own the entire industry and are absolutely needed to function in an increasingly online society. The only alternative, and only logical conclusion, is that it's internal pressure from their board of directors and share holders. Have to remember that the US is traditionally a very religious and socially conservative nation. The religious right has a long standing hold on a lot of the economic power of the nation and much of the generational wealth and they have a lot of influence on the policy, both public and private within it.
Which means subscribestar isn't safe either it's probably just too small still to have caught their eyes.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Which means subscribestar isn't safe either it's probably just too small still to have caught their eyes.
Hopefully not any time soon but probably inevitable unless they take some very unorthodox steps to secure their payment infrastructure. They don't accept paypal which is what's important for now but as I understand paypal started banning incest content on any service that uses them as a result of pressure from the credit card companies, so it's possible that SS might have to choose between allowing incest or keeping credit card payments one day.
Hypothetically they could make a sister site that doesn't use credit card payment options and that would keep them safe a lot longer but that'd probably be pretty bad for creators if the only way you could pay is through, bank cards, wire transfers or crypto. Not to mention who knows if it'd even be worth it to maintain such a site.

NadaMucho

Dec 29, 2023
Only thing that's going to push folks off Patreon is something better. There is enough coding power here to hack the planet. Seems like, with some concentrated effort, a "bigger and better" could be created.

Don't know if it's still like this but I always hated Patreon is that you couldn't make single payments. You HAD to use a subscription model which is exactly what they want. Just like Amazon Prime. You set up a subscription, forget about it and then you keep paying month after month even if you no longer wish to be doing so. Fuck.. them.

Last edited:

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
Only thing that's going to push folks off Patreon is something better. There is enough coding power here to hack the planet. Seems like, with some concentrated effort, a "bigger and better" could be created.

Don't know if it's still like this but I always hated Patreon is that you couldn't make single payments. You HAD to use a subscription model which is exactly what they want. Just like Amazon Prime. You set up a subscription, forget about it and then you keep paying month after month even if you no longer wish to be doing so. Fuck.. them.
Still the same monthly -yearly subscriptions

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
So back on topic, anyone else think that Anthony has a bunch of female parts still and hasn't made his transition? And that he wants to use them with the MC?

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Bad day for My Dorm. Bad day for devs when Patreon uses f95 links as proof of incest
View attachment 3814970
As I've said several times before, including previously in this thread in a different context...

CyberNazis gotta CyberNazi
(And they can all suck donkey balls!)

Honestly, I'm surprised that the person sending you the nastygram wasn't named... wait for it... ERIC!

NadaMucho

Dec 29, 2023
Maybe it's the Jack Herer and I'm not claiming an exact match but Emma (once she gets her new hairstyle and makeup) reminds me so much of Cece. Yes the render but also her personality. They both kind of bounce around bubbly from person to person. Anyway... trust the Jack.

emmacece.jpg

P.S. How in the hell did you work a Pittsburgh joke in there? Yinz? Someone on that dev team follows the black and gold!

Last edited:

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
Have to remember that the US is traditionally a very religious and socially conservative nation. The religious right has a long standing hold on a lot of the economic power of the nation and much of the generational wealth and they have a lot of influence on the policy, both public and private within it.
Uh, ya...that's the "moral majority" I was referring to. I just didn't want to start a fiasco about "religion" here.

In any case, I agree. Let's get back on topic.

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes