Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
There's an OLD joke in Portuguese (no clue if it exists anywhere else) that says: "I speak all the languages in the world, except Chinese.", so, when I encounter a language that I can't understand, that's obviously Chinese.

"Isso para mim é Chinês!" (For me that's Chinese) and all is solved.

Peace :D
There's a similar one in English. It changes Chinese to Greek, with the claim that "I can speak any language but Greek", then when asked about any other language, the punchline is "It's all Greek to me".

• Hey there
Reactions: TigerWolfe

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Happens with my German too, only when I call my Mother I have oportunity to speak it.
My wife is the only one I know who speaks Arabic, because she learned it at the same time/place as me... so it's kinda the blind leading the blind as far as maintaining fluency.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
The german equivalent to "Greek" comes from the time of the Habsburger King Charles V he was King of Germany and Spain, so there were allways Spanish Nobles on his court.

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Yes...I know "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"...I was expecting someone to bring that up...-__-
No offense intended... I figured (perhaps incorrectly) that, since Nia Vardalos (the originator of those running gags) is Greek, I would be okay posting that.

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
No offense intended... I figured (perhaps incorrectly) that, since Nia Vardalos (the originator of those running gags) is Greek, I would be okay posting that.
Oh It is totally Ok to post that, just that I heard that like a Milion times in my work and free time from friends and colleagues when 1 and 2 came out... That's why my reaction was like that...:HideThePain:

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Oh It is totally Ok to post that, just that I heard that like a Milion times in my work and free time from friends and colleagues when 1 and 2 came out... That's why my reaction was like that...:HideThePain:
It's definitely politically incorrect, but Nia gets away with it for obvious reasons, and it's funny as hell (IMO) in the context of the movie... kind of like Fisher Stevens' character Ben Jabituya from the 1980s movie Short Circuit, though that's much more politically incorrect, as there's no Indian/Pakistani connection to the movie that I'm aware of, and Fisher Stevens is a Jewish-American (not Indian/Pakistani)... still really funny, though.

</stream-of-consciousness-post>

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
I must have stumbled into the wrong thread, I thought this was the My Dorm thread? :unsure: :LOL:
Again, for emphasis...
;)
</stream-of-consciousness-post>
We tend to do a lot of this (myself, almost exclusively).

Actually, we (or they, more accurately) typically discuss the game, along with "tangent information".
;)
(I know that you were joking... this post is really for the benefit of new folks here who are not accustomed to our peculiar tendencies...)

Last edited:
Reactions: sagerock820

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
900 pages!
And that's only the new posts since I logged in yesterday!
get a spot all decked out
I'm a little verklempt from the 900 pages thing, so talk amongst yourselves for a moment. I'll give you a topic:
Spotted Dick is
(a) a poorly named British food item
(a) something that it is hard to imagine the MC not having already had at least once in this game so far

Suspension of disbelief I guess? :LOL:

Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
When will there be NTR content?
I think the company plot wasnt followed quite some time. Didnt the want to visit the island? Anyways, just a front for this trollpost...
There will be two scenes focused on it in the next update. They will solve a "small mystery" and show a bit of the company's business structure. It will also (pseudo-)schedule the visit to Aruba.

4.00 star(s) 118 Votes