serious_quest

Jan 12, 2021
That was a hot scene. Keep the good work. We prefer a slow path but development than you getting burned prematurely and abandoning the project.
Thank you! Every scene I've written so far has been curated to be as erotic as possible.

As for the burnout, it already happened around June when I was frustrated by trying different light settings for scenes. I had to render and rerender several character sprites and environments again and again without satisfactory results. In the end, I never could get it to look the way I wanted it to so I decided to use lighting presets available in the DAZ3D store. Now I'm using POLARR's filters and photoshop for post-processing.

But yeah, I pivoted to writing, learning coding for renpy to implement character profile pages that update with events + an affinity (points) system. That helped with the burnout.

AlphaLewisX

Oct 16, 2018
Thank you! Every scene I've written so far has been curated to be as erotic as possible.

As for the burnout, it already happened around June when I was frustrated by trying different light settings for scenes. I had to render and rerender several character sprites and environments again and again without satisfactory results. In the end, I never could get it to look the way I wanted it to so I decided to use lighting presets available in the DAZ3D store. Now I'm using POLARR's filters and photoshop for post-processing.

But yeah, I pivoted to writing, learning coding for renpy to implement character profile pages that update with events + an affinity (points) system. That helped with the burnout.
You really learned quite a bunch of stuff these months then!

There is a guy that goes by xxerikxx that is developing another game named "The Higher Society" that presents a system with two kinds of releases. First one is a text-based renpy game, while the second one goes at a slower pace and includes the renders to complete the text-based game. For example, if the text-based release is in the 36th day of playing time, the full version is in the 16th day of playtime.

Maybe a similar system would be of your interest.

Reactions: serious_quest

rip-basium

Nov 23, 2021
I feel bad whenever I read posts like yours, lol. I'm way further along plotwise than renders and the renpy code with the remake. I've attached a small scene from deep into the game's story. Also, the reference image used in the document is from the artist . More than a few soft femdom/SPH scenes from the remake were inspired by his artwork.

Anyway, I know progress is slow but this project is gonna get made no matter what.
I'm a big fan of mare (shout out to burdieowo and hasselnut too)!
Please don't feel bad about my response. This game was the reason I first came to F95 so my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek when I say these things. It's actually a miracle that you're doing what you're doing and I'm 100% behind you.
Just to echo others in the thread, take your time with it and don't fall into the trap of pushing yourself into not enjoying what you're doing.
Looking forward to your release immensely. Take care!

serious_quest

Jan 12, 2021
I'm a big fan of mare (shout out to burdieowo and hasselnut too)!
Please don't feel bad about my response. This game was the reason I first came to F95 so my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek when I say these things. It's actually a miracle that you're doing what you're doing and I'm 100% behind you.
Just to echo others in the thread, take your time with it and don't fall into the trap of pushing yourself into not enjoying what you're doing.
Looking forward to your release immensely. Take care!
Yes! Burdie's art is great too, haven't seen hasselnut's art but I'll check it out. I've taken inspiration from MARE and Otto Cubze's works so far.

Also, don't worry about me feeling bad lol. I feel bad that my progress with the remake is slow and I cannot give you guys what you want any faster. I've seen a lot of people replying to this thread with "this game was great, sux that it was abandoned." It shows Basium's work, though unfinished, is admired by many.

rip-basium

Nov 23, 2021
Yes! Burdie's art is great too, haven't seen hasselnut's art but I'll check it out. I've taken inspiration from MARE and Otto Cubze's works so far.

Also, don't worry about me feeling bad lol. I feel bad that my progress with the remake is slow and I cannot give you guys what you want any faster. I've seen a lot of people replying to this thread with "this game was great, sux that it was abandoned." It shows Basium's work, though unfinished, is admired by many.
Never heard of Otto but now he has a new follower :BootyTime: Thanks!
Also just to reiterate, you should be feeling GOOD you're breathing new life into this project regardless of how long it takes. I bet most of us here would prefer someone taking careful time with it.

inuy101

Aug 7, 2020

Remake, alright you rock.

Reactions: serious_quest

serious_quest

Jan 12, 2021
Any progress serious?
Not much progress when it comes to renders this month. But I have written all the scenes (scenarios) that I need for the game. So essentially, all the sexy stuff you'll do (or is done to you) in the story is now complete. Now I am adding actual character dialogue to those. For example, I previously uploaded one of the barebones scenes which had a lot of story progression context but no real character dialogue. I just found out about Twine, which has made my work easier. I wish I knew about it like 8 months ago. lol

Anyway, I had based the earlier dialogue mostly on what Basium had written for the original, but now it's all me writing authentic, non-robotic dialogue. It's the hardest part for me atm.

Swooosh

Oct 22, 2021
Not much progress when it comes to renders this month. But I have written all the scenes (scenarios) that I need for the game. So essentially, all the sexy stuff you'll do (or is done to you) in the story is now complete. Now I am adding actual character dialogue to those. For example, I previously uploaded one of the barebones scenes which had a lot of story progression context but no real character dialogue. I just found out about Twine, which has made my work easier. I wish I knew about it like 8 months ago. lol

Anyway, I had based the earlier dialogue mostly on what Basium had written for the original, but now it's all me writing authentic, non-robotic dialogue. It's the hardest part for me atm.
Thx for your work! After the first release i hope you can open a Patreon page so we can support you.

AlphaLewisX

Oct 16, 2018

Wow, great, all the kink and sex stuff is already there! Cannot wait to play it hahaha.
Are you going to work in Twine then instead of RenPy?

serious_quest

Jan 12, 2021
Wow, great, all the kink and sex stuff is already there! Cannot wait to play it hahaha.
Are you going to work in Twine then instead of RenPy?
No, Twine is great for keeping track of branching paths. My old method of tracking paths was by tediously linking .docx files to each other. Someone told me about text-based games a while ago on this thread and I looked into that recently and found out about Twine. Great piece of software. You can literally create 8 different paths and keep track of all of them so easily. It is a far cry from renpy though.

AlphaLewisX

Oct 16, 2018
No, Twine is great for keeping track of branching paths. My old method of tracking paths was by tediously linking .docx files to each other. Someone told me about text-based games a while ago on this thread and I looked into that recently and found out about Twine. Great piece of software. You can literally create 8 different paths and keep track of all of them so easily. It is a far cry from renpy though.
Thank you! We really appreciate the efforts you are doing for this awesome game to continue.

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes