NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
Seeing this game got "abandoned" is just too funny. The dev haven't said anything about abandoning MEF and it's just been nine months since the last update while other AVNs that haven't been updated for at least a year didn't receive the same treatment. :BootyTime:

Reactions: truten and Boblyk

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Seeing this game got "abandoned" is just too funny. The dev haven't said anything about abandoning MEF and it's just been nine months since the last update while other AVNs that haven't been updated for at least a year didn't receive the same treatment. :BootyTime:
Game get's an abandoned tag after 3 month of no communication from the dev, like on patreon for example.
Game get's an abandoned tag after 18 month if it doesn't get an update, regardless if the dev communicats.

Just because the game has the abandoned tag here doesn't mean the dev doesn't work on it.
(some games enjoy more leniency than others...)

Reactions: NeoEros

Krashyn

Mar 4, 2019
When it takes a year or 2 to get an update it seems a bit questionable.

F95 should make a new "Latest Games & Updates" for games like and just call it "Rarely Updated Games" or just " Rarely Updated" for the link and all of those moved away from the normal games updated list.

Mind you do not forget those games that release a completed version when its not even really completed just because they wanted to stop working on it.

If games do not get completed properly it feels too much like a waste of time to even start it. Makes you feel sorry for those people who patron or subscribe to them.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
When it takes a year or 2 to get an update it seems a bit questionable.

F95 should make a new "Latest Games & Updates" for games like and just call it "Rarely Updated Games" or just " Rarely Updated" for the link and all of those moved away from the normal games updated list.

Mind you do not forget those games that release a completed version when its not even really completed just because they wanted to stop working on it.

If games do not get completed properly it feels too much like a waste of time to even start it. Makes you feel sorry for those people who patron or subscribe to them.
So why was this game abandoned?
In my honest opinion that is just stupid. Working a multiple projects just distracts you from making an real progress.
The "abandoned" tag is an internal F95 thing, it is no real indication on the actual development of a VN.

He works on 2 VN's at the same time because that's what he wants to do, we get it for free so no harm done. All we have to do is wait. Some dev's find it makes it easier to have 2 different vn's so they can alternate and not get bogged down on a single process, just how different people handles things differently....

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
Dev works on 2 games which in my opinion its a bad move but he does it.
Kind of depends. If I was a dev, I'd start a second project when was on the second-to-last update in my present game and new I'd be finishing soon enough. The strategy, I imagine, is to give my Patrons something else to get into while they're still supporting me, so that when I complete the first game, instead of seeing a massive exodus of supporters, they stick around to support the new project.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Kind of depends. If I was a dev, I'd start a second project when was on the second-to-last update in my present game and new I'd be finishing soon enough. The strategy, I imagine, is to give my Patrons something else to get into while they're still supporting me, so that when I complete the first game, instead of seeing a massive exodus of supporters, they stick around to support the new project.
Its understandable if you have "GREAT" hardware cause the processes is shorter but if you have "decent" hardware stay with one project you would be barely be able with decent these days.. But im just assuming he has "decent" hardware.

Reactions: locco1234

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Its understandable if you have "GREAT" hardware cause the processes is shorter but if you have "decent" hardware stay with one project you would be barely be able with decent these days.. But im just assuming he has "decent" hardware.
not even then.
MrDots, for example, has really great hardware and an additional team of 3-4 people helping him to create his game(s) as you can imagine.
Nonetheless even he does actually 2 games at once since quite some time, he also says that he would never do that again, nor recommend other devs to do so.
So why did he in first place? well, the answer is simple: because of patreon. His first game "Dating my Daughter" has been banned from patreon, and to keep his supporters, he needed another game on there. So "Melody" was started hastily to cover patreon. After Melody was done, another game needed to be on patreon, as DMD could not be the one for obvious reason. So "Sunshine Love" was started to be on patreon (without incest patched content). Now, as DMD comes to an end, SL will be finished within a few months too. After that MrDots is going back to creating ONE game at a time, as it will be also on Patreon (with a non-incest version).

So in short:
Unless you are FORCED to create 2 games at once, you shouldn't even think about to do that. Focus on ONE thing, and make that 100% until it's done. Even your supporters will thank you for not having such a long time to wait for another 10 minutes update.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So in short:
Unless you are FORCED to create 2 games at once, you shouldn't even think about to do that. Focus on ONE thing, and make that 100% until it's done. Even your supporters will thank you for not having such a long time to wait for another 10 minutes update.
unless has biggish team like inceton.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
wait wait wait, why the fuck this dev abandon this game? im waiting long for this game to update
Because the dev is doing two VNs parallel. The other one gets an update in the next few days. Then he focus again on this VN.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
wait wait wait, why the fuck this dev abandon this game? im waiting long for this game to update
The Abandoned tag is arbitrary and usually doesn't have anything to do with whether a dev abandons a game or not.

3.40 star(s) 66 Votes