2.70 star(s) 41 Votes

somguy

Jun 17, 2017
If you see most of the criticism, there are just hate posts that just complain about the game in general. I always tell those guys: "if you dislike it, don´t play it". I dislike 98% of the games in this forum and I don´t go around all the threads writing my complains, cause I understand that we all have different tastes and there is no one who is right about it. It´s really selfish to go around complaining to all game developers who do not make the games the way you want. One thing is constructive criticism, and another is just plain trolling.

This is one of my favourite games, if not my favourite game, in this forum. And the thing I like the most about it is what makes the people complain: the slow corruption, making myself used to the girl´s routine, the grind, etc. I know there are many players who think the same way as me and that´s why we play and enjoy this game.

Talking about episode 3, it took me about one hour to finish it. Episode 2 was a bit harder for me, but I managed to get it done too. If you´re stuck, you have a month more or less to figure it out and you can also ask for help. If you don´t like getting stuck, well maybe this game is not for you. You have a thousand games to choose from.
What part of 'a hint system would be good' is trolling or selfish? Its feedback period. A simple hint system in game, even vague hints (not a complete walkthrough) would probably eliminate all the 'HELP i'm stuck at X/Y' posts. Thats what makes so many other games enjoyable (even the actual grindy games), when there is some clear direction for the player.

And you are saying you hate 98% of games on this forum, umm what? Well to throw your own words back at you, if you hate so much of the content on this forum then why are you here? By the sound of it you only like these games so why are you not over on his patreon instead? Again, this is using YOUR logic 'dont like it dont play it', not mine. I belive everyone can play whatever they want and are free voice their opinions.

It never ceases to amaze me whenever anybody raises any critisism for anything nowdays there will be at least one person like yourself blindly defending it like there is absolutely nothing wrong or no need to make any kind of improvements. Its the whole attack the fans mentality that gets me, I mean do you honelstly think that Celaviegroup wants FEWER people to play this game limiting the number of potential patrons?

Reactions: DNS01W

Joselito99

Apr 4, 2021
What part of 'a hint system would be good' is trolling or selfish? Its feedback period. A simple hint system in game, even vague hints (not a complete walkthrough) would probably eliminate all the 'HELP i'm stuck at X/Y' posts. Thats what makes so many other games enjoyable (even the actual grindy games), when there is some clear direction for the player.

And you are saying you hate 98% of games on this forum, umm what? Well to throw your own words back at you, if you hate so much of the content on this forum then why are you here? By the sound of it you only like these games so why are you not over on his patreon instead? Again, this is using YOUR logic 'dont like it dont play it', not mine. I belive everyone can play whatever they want and are free voice their opinions.

It never ceases to amaze me whenever anybody raises any critisism for anything nowdays there will be at least one person like yourself blindly defending it like there is absolutely nothing wrong or no need to make any kind of improvements. Its the whole attack the fans mentality that gets me, I mean do you honelstly think that Celaviegroup wants FEWER people to play this game limiting the number of potential patrons?
I was not talking about your comment in particular, I referred to many of the troll posts. They do not provide proper feedback, they just say that the games should only be the way they think. That´s selfish for me, cause they do not consider that there may be people who like that style of games. There are a lot of games to choose from, so we are free to pick what we want to play.

I never said I hate 98% of the games, hate is such a strong word, man. I just mentioned that I do not enjoy playing them, that´s way I stick to what I like and do not try to convince other people that my vision is the only one right. I am in this forum to find the games I like, even though they aren´t that many. And I´m free to use the forum the way I want, just like you, and I do not owe anyone an explanation about the reason why I use it. Saying that I shouldn´t be in the forum cause I do not play most of the games seems ridiculous to me. Should I also change my taste in games? Or should it be a rule to be a member of the forum (like "you MUST play l least 50% of the games here)?

Regarding your last paragraph, of course everyone can say what they want, since this is a forum. However, anyone can also response to those comments, and it seems to me that you don´t like it at all when someone disagrees with you. But don´t worry, if my response was so annoying for you, I won´t reply to your posts anymore.

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can you please post your save. Which version did you play with???
In episode 2, there are no problems if you buy the new jogging outfit first (only the wrong text is displayed).
screenshot0001.png

You can buy the swimsuit the next day without any problems.
screenshot0004.png

In Episode 3, Bikini is the last outfit to be bought without problems (Version 3.04)

Last edited:

somguy

Jun 17, 2017
I was not talking about your comment in particular, I referred to many of the troll posts. They do not provide proper feedback, they just say that the games should only be the way they think. That´s selfish for me, cause they do not consider that there may be people who like that style of games. There are a lot of games to choose from, so we are free to pick what we want to play.

I never said I hate 98% of the games, hate is such a strong word, man. I just mentioned that I do not enjoy playing them, that´s way I stick to what I like and do not try to convince other people that my vision is the only one right. I am in this forum to find the games I like, even though they aren´t that many. And I´m free to use the forum the way I want, just like you, and I do not owe anyone an explanation about the reason why I use it. Saying that I shouldn´t be in the forum cause I do not play most of the games seems ridiculous to me. Should I also change my taste in games? Or should it be a rule to be a member of the forum (like "you MUST play l least 50% of the games here)?

Regarding your last paragraph, of course everyone can say what they want, since this is a forum. However, anyone can also response to those comments, and it seems to me that you don´t like it at all when someone disagrees with you. But don´t worry, if my response was so annoying for you, I won´t reply to your posts anymore.
Well you said dislike, fine not as strong as hate but basically the same thing.

I don't think you understand what i was saying in p2, specifically:

Again, this is using YOUR logic 'dont like it dont play it', not mine. I belive everyone can play whatever they want and are free voice their opinions.
In other words i was using your dont like it dont play it logic, which i disagree with, against you. Anyone can say what they want, even you.

For 3 im specifically referring to your 'dont like it dont play it' attitude. That basically means STFU in so many words, quite rude especially when we all just want the game to improve. I dont care if someone disagrees with me, but i don't like when people use phrases like that which are quite patronising.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018

In other words i was using your dont like it dont play it logic, which i disagree with, against you. Anyone can say what they want, even you.

For 3 im specifically referring to your 'dont like it dont play it' attitude. That basically means STFU in so many words, quite rude especially when we all just want the game to improve. I dont care if someone disagrees with me, but i don't like when people use phrases like that which are quite patronising.
Hi
I don't want to interfere in your discussion.
My intention is to make a game/gamestyle I like. If I don't like to play the game I make - I'll for sure stop immediately. Nobody can make all satisfied - especially not me :)
Concerning the throlls - I don't think they ever have played the game. They read some of the reviews and make their own hate story out of it.
My games are under constant development and I do my utmost to make a release every month. So far I haven't missed it. Due to the time between releases I have limited time to make major progress in terms of gallery, hints etc, sorry.
For my Patreons - they get the game as it is and some days later I release Lukumo's WT's for my supporters so they get time to play it without any help.
When I play a game I prefer to play it as it is without help. That's the way I enjoy playing a game. If I get stuck - I can look at the WT to find out what's missing. As soon as I have triggered the missing point I prefer to return to play without help. Except for small 'surprises' my games are easy to play. The problem is if players don't read the dialogues and don't follow the rules and tips. 95% of my supporters don't have any problems at all. I get many USD 1 supporters simply because they want help to continue and that's great. Almost all of them are happy when they are able to continue so I do not see it as a huge problem that the game doesn't have any build in hint system. Personal I see it as a small victory when I have completed an episode. I know that many of my supporters see it the same way.
Have a great day

Joselito99

Apr 4, 2021

Ok, now I understood what you meant, thanks for clarifying. Perhaps you are right with the "don´t like it, don´t play it" attitude. I wasn´t referring to you, but to the troll posts. Nevertheless, I will take into account what you said for the future.

LucT

Sep 20, 2017
Can you please post your save. Which version did you play with???
In episode 2, there are no problems if you buy the new jogging outfit first (only the wrong text is displayed).
View attachment 1656281

You can buy the swimsuit the next day without any problems.
View attachment 1656282

In Episode 3, Bikini is the last outfit to be bought without problems (Version 3.04)
I played episode 3, i finished it but i had to reload an old save because it no longer gave me the option to buy a bikini after buying new jogging outfit, solved this problem I have not found a complicated episode to finish

ghostwitagun

Oct 12, 2017
I cant level up anything in the first episode besides study and politeness. This game is headache inducing. Disappointing since the last 2 were ok.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
I cant level up anything in the first episode besides study and politeness. This game is headache inducing. Disappointing since the last 2 were ok.
At dinner - accept pizza and scold her - go jogging with her. Here is WT;

DNS01W

Mar 19, 2020
At dinner - accept pizza and scold her - go jogging with her. Here is WT;

Mega
How about instead of pointing to WT's and providing save files you re-write the game so that there is hint what to do next?

When other games have WT's it's because to make it easier to find the different branches and see the story unfold in other ways and there for see different renders. A WT for any of your games is not to see the other branches of the story, there are none, but just to actually find out how to get the story to progress without losing another couple of hours developing carpal tunnel.

How about instead of making a challenge as you call it, which comes down to a wack-a-mole situation, you actual make it about choices, corruption, different branching story lines, anything really instead of the sillyness of expecting the player to spend hour upon hour trying to second guess what you want us to do. If that's not to your liking, just cut the BS. Let's be honest here, if you would cut out all the unnecessary and waste full clicking and just string all the renders linear to each other you would have a VN (RfR + MBFD + MFL) that could be watched in about what....20 minutes? (if one is a slow reader)

I have spend hours upon hours on yeach of our 3 games, too much time on my hands what can I say, and it was a boring chore and I had to replace a mouse. Hint, in general people playing an adult game what to be amused, excited, aroused.... not bored out of their skull or annoyed to the point that they want to throw their computer through the window, let alone both at the same time.

It's your game, and you like playing a game like this? Fine. But wouldn't it make more sense , and more cents, if instead of making something that appeals to you making it so that it would appeal to a broader audience? Sure there is a niche market of punters that will fork out money for anything that has renders of petite ladies. However aren't you getting tired of seeing your games being sabled down because of the lack of actual game play, the lack of actual having a story to tell? Even if you keep your wack-a-mole approach wouldn't it be better and more appealing if you could have the player actually being interested in how the story progresses instead of relying on them being satisfied in seeing a blouse slip an inch down after spending 45 minutes clicking through mind numbing repetive dialogs and the same screens time and time and time and time and time and time again?

Look at MBFD. Another game that had potential but that got lost in a non story, with characters that had no personalities, no choices, that had a hint system, or not, oh hold on yes put something more comprehensive in it but in such a way that it's just an annoyance, while then ripping everything out all together. And what does one end up with? A game where you expect the player to spend days (real time) in clicking around just so that for the first few chapters one tries to get the girls naked and sexual active... and then in the later chapters your only 'choices' are to have sex with them at every time and every location you run into them, constantly. Seeing however there is no growth in the characters, no attachment, no real reason or explanation why the shy girls turn in utter nympho's it feels empty. Same applied to RfR, which by the way was utterly unplayable without the Nighttrain WT mod.

You haven't finished your previous games because you pull a bait and switch and start on a different project that are supposedly prequals and claim to get back to the previous ones... might I remind everyone that you haven't made any advancement on the story of Room for Rent since october 2020 but you do keep hinting that you'll come back to it at some undisclosed point in the future... don't you see how that will make more and more people doubt your veracity and how this will badly affect your paying subscribers?

Reactions: Mangahiryu

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
I am quite surprised that still some people are not able to understand that they are somehow still playing RfR when playing MBFD and MFL, because they belong together storywise. Right now the MC tells a story in MBFD of his past and this can be played by playing MFL. If CeLaVieGroup had simply called these elements "Chapter 1", "Chapter 2" and "Chapter 3", I am sure that nobody would have complained why Chapter 1 has not been continued yet. Right now the story tells the past of the MC. That's where it is now. And since this is no book, you cannot leave out some pages until the story is in the present again. So you have to live with it.

Reactions: Burg

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
How about instead of pointing to WT's and providing save files you re-write the game so that there is hint what to do next?

When other games have WT's it's because to make it easier to find the different branches and see the story unfold in other ways and there for see different renders. A WT for any of your games is not to see the other branches of the story, there are none, but just to actually find out how to get the story to progress without losing another couple of hours developing carpal tunnel.

How about instead of making a challenge as you call it, which comes down to a wack-a-mole situation, you actual make it about choices, corruption, different branching story lines, anything really instead of the sillyness of expecting the player to spend hour upon hour trying to second guess what you want us to do. If that's not to your liking, just cut the BS. Let's be honest here, if you would cut out all the unnecessary and waste full clicking and just string all the renders linear to each other you would have a VN (RfR + MBFD + MFL) that could be watched in about what....20 minutes? (if one is a slow reader)

I have spend hours upon hours on yeach of our 3 games, too much time on my hands what can I say, and it was a boring chore and I had to replace a mouse. Hint, in general people playing an adult game what to be amused, excited, aroused.... not bored out of their skull or annoyed to the point that they want to throw their computer through the window, let alone both at the same time.

It's your game, and you like playing a game like this? Fine. But wouldn't it make more sense , and more cents, if instead of making something that appeals to you making it so that it would appeal to a broader audience? Sure there is a niche market of punters that will fork out money for anything that has renders of petite ladies. However aren't you getting tired of seeing your games being sabled down because of the lack of actual game play, the lack of actual having a story to tell? Even if you keep your wack-a-mole approach wouldn't it be better and more appealing if you could have the player actually being interested in how the story progresses instead of relying on them being satisfied in seeing a blouse slip an inch down after spending 45 minutes clicking through mind numbing repetive dialogs and the same screens time and time and time and time and time and time again?

Look at MBFD. Another game that had potential but that got lost in a non story, with characters that had no personalities, no choices, that had a hint system, or not, oh hold on yes put something more comprehensive in it but in such a way that it's just an annoyance, while then ripping everything out all together. And what does one end up with? A game where you expect the player to spend days (real time) in clicking around just so that for the first few chapters one tries to get the girls naked and sexual active... and then in the later chapters your only 'choices' are to have sex with them at every time and every location you run into them, constantly. Seeing however there is no growth in the characters, no attachment, no real reason or explanation why the shy girls turn in utter nympho's it feels empty. Same applied to RfR, which by the way was utterly unplayable without the Nighttrain WT mod.

You haven't finished your previous games because you pull a bait and switch and start on a different project that are supposedly prequals and claim to get back to the previous ones... might I remind everyone that you haven't made any advancement on the story of Room for Rent since october 2020 but you do keep hinting that you'll come back to it at some undisclosed point in the future... don't you see how that will make more and more people doubt your veracity and how this will badly affect your paying subscribers?
Although agree with most of your points, making false claims will not help your arguments any:
  • Have you tried playing RfR with the green text mod and NOT reading any of the dialog, just clicking the green text? How far do you think you can get in your 20 min? Maybe end of episode 2 is my guess. And that is very much what playing RfR as KVN would feel like. Not 20 min for everything. Ok, how about skipping all the text and just looking at the pictures, 2 seconds each. That gets you 600 pictures in 20 min. Out of 8k pictures.
  • RfR is complete. Yes, it ended on a cliff-hanger, same as almost all Marvel movies or any season 1 ended. If the dev wants to add an episode 17 or create a RfR2, it's up to him decide which way he goes. So no bait and switch. The stories ended. Do the endings allow for continuation? Yes.
  • Implying you had a to replace a mouse due to playing Celavie games ... Is that a sales pitch for how much content the Celavie games have or stating how old your mouse was? :p
  • EDIT: Read your 'review'. Putting quotes around something like 'review' or 'dev' gives the strong impression that the negative comments are not constructive, but just bashing. Play nice please.

Here's the deal (from patrons' comments) and my own on adding a walkthrough:
  • Some want, some don't
  • The dev releasing a new episode every month is definitely something the dev and quite a few of the patrons like and would prefer to continue
  • Adding some integrated help, not the current walkthrough, will add quite a bit of dev time
    The added dev time will heavily impact the amount of content that can be delivered in a month or stretch out the dev time quite a bit, if the current monthly content amount is kept the same
  • Not adding a hint/help system, or at least change how the player interacts with the story, will keep on generating the same number or patrons, and same range of reviews as all his games get. Bummer.
  • Catch 22. Damn!
If any of the patrons want to correct me on my summary, please do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Celaviegroup

woeifjweofi

Nov 5, 2019

I really enjoy it exactly the way it is. Can't explain why, maybe the grinding raises my emotional investment. If it's not for you, maybe don't be so judgmental, just play one of the other 1000+ games here.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
Most of the scenes are easy to find. But the last few make the game really annoying to play. I have spent playing days and days (ingame) to try all variations of locked and unlocked doors, knocking on doors or opening without knocking, inviting her to run or don't and I still do not step beyond scene 84.
I suggested it earlier and I am doing it again: This game needs a hint system like for example "Power Vacuum" has it - especially because at least some scenes do not seem to happen logically (of course some do at the beginning, because it is, for some time, always the same: at morning guest room, then dining room, the bathroom, different things over day day, then at evening dining room, bathroom and guest room again), but sooner or later they only seem to happen randomly. And that is highly frustrating.

Last edited:

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
Most of the scenes are easy to find. But the last few make the game really annoying to play. I have spent playing days and days (ingame) to try all variations of locked and unlocked doors, knocking on doors or opening without knocking, inviting her to run or don't and I still do not step beyond scene 84.
I suggested it earlier and I am doing it again: This game needs a hint system like for example "Power Vacuum" has it - especially because at least some scenes do not seem to happen logically (of course some do at the beginning, because it is, for some time, always the same: at morning guest room, then dining room, the bathroom, different things over day day, then at evening dining room, bathroom and guest room again), but sooner or later they only seem to happen randomly. And that is highly frustrating.
Now I need to have a look at "Power Vacuum" to understand what you mean :D

Reactions: Hermit76

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Dear all
Discussion about hint system
Last week I asked my supporters.
So far the answer is as follow:
179 votes that I should keep it as it is
18 votes that I should implement hint system
Please keep in mind that a hint system and gallery requires much more coding time that will be taken from the images and the story production. I make releases every month and within 30 days I have to make all the images, make support, code the game, bug fix, implement images in the story and much more. Additional work with hint system will simply not be possible unless I make smaller updates.
My supporters have spoken so... for now - I'll stick to the current solution. Please also keep in mind - if you're stuck - you're welcome to upload your save file at my Discord channel. My alpha team is always ready to help you.
Have a great day out there...

2.70 star(s) 41 Votes