Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
on the other hand, you may be losing the financial support of a large crowd that loves incest games, but that's okay, everyone knows where the call is pressed.
I'm not doing it for the cash. If that were the case I'd have given up 5 years ago when my first month was $16. I do it because every single comment that is positive shows me people have enjoyed it, every single message I've got with game ideas shows me there is interest, every patron who stuck by me all those years for me and not just my stuff deserves it, every follower who couldn't offer finance but still shared my stuff and talked about it to others, I made them happy for a time. It seems corny I know but I've seen what chasing cash can lead to, it's a fine line for some who do this between principle and what you want to create VS what will earn the big bucks and sometimes that temptation leads to milking devs, or loss of quality in terms of updates or adding too many branches and paths and never finishing or even giving up entirely from getting burnt out.

Sorry I feel I'm ranting. You haven't offended me and I hope I haven't offended you. I'll hold my hands up I do feel a slight twinge internally when people suggest money is the motivator, I don't know what it precisely is but I find the notion of money being assumed to be a bigger motivator than it really is as an insult. Don't worry I know you didn't mean it like that. But yeah I do what I do because, I feel that I should, that if I have the imagination and skills and a destination in mind, that ultimately I would be selfish not to, and more so to steer the ship towards that sweet siren call...and never make shore if I did.

THE KILLER 13

Sep 13, 2022
I'm not doing it for the cash. If that were the case I'd have given up 5 years ago when my first month was $16. I do it because every single comment that is positive shows me people have enjoyed it, every single message I've got with game ideas shows me there is interest, every patron who stuck by me all those years for me and not just my stuff deserves it, every follower who couldn't offer finance but still shared my stuff and talked about it to others, I made them happy for a time. It seems corny I know but I've seen what chasing cash can lead to, it's a fine line for some who do this between principle and what you want to create VS what will earn the big bucks and sometimes that temptation leads to milking devs, or loss of quality in terms of updates or adding too many branches and paths and never finishing or even giving up entirely from getting burnt out.

Sorry I feel I'm ranting. You haven't offended me and I hope I haven't offended you. I'll hold my hands up I do feel a slight twinge internally when people suggest money is the motivator, I don't know what it precisely is but I find the notion of money being assumed to be a bigger motivator than it really is as an insult. Don't worry I know you didn't mean it like that. But yeah I do what I do because, I feel that I should, that if I have the imagination and skills and a destination in mind, that ultimately I would be selfish not to, and more so to steer the ship towards that sweet siren call...and never make shore if I did.
in no way did I mean to offend you, maybe something I wrote was taken out of context by my translator

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
in no way did I mean to offend you, maybe something I wrote was taken out of context by my translator
No don't worry, it's not you. It is entirely me. I think at some point as a child it was drummed into me to find the idea of doing stuff for money (as the sole or major motivator rather than just a secondary background perk) to be distasteful. Not sure why and I've never really questioned myself as to why.

THE KILLER 13

Sep 13, 2022
No don't worry, it's not you. It is entirely me. I think at some point as a child it was drummed into me to find the idea of doing stuff for money (as the sole or major motivator rather than just a secondary background perk) to be distasteful. Not sure why and I've never really questioned myself as to why.
the biggest milkers are precisely the developers of incest games unfortunately

good luck with your game

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Maybe I'm wrong but I suspect there are a lot of people in the thread who want Mum to remain an alpha badass bitch that does whatever the hell she wants, with the sole exception of things relating to her son.
That would still be in character lol. Mom is an alpha bitch who loves her son. What wouldn't she give for him?

Sweet game, though. Keep it up, bro.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
the biggest milkers are precisely the developers of incest games unfortunately
Give an asshole more money he/she becomes a bigger asshole, give it to a decent person, they become a bigger decent person. Money just amplifies what is already there. It's why I look not just at the game but also the dev when I pledge to them.

ferth23

Jul 14, 2020
Really glad you're back, love all your stuff. Not sure if this was intentional but "Baguette" says "qui qui" alot, which translates to "who who". I think you meant "Oui oui" which translate to "yes yes". If i'm mistaken, my apologies.

Dec 23, 2017
damn this one was quick, i remember the other day we were talking about the ideas that u had for a game on the other thread

Allan Wolf

Jun 1, 2021

I believe in you because if you really cared that much about money you would include incest in your game after all the biggest milkers are incest game developers lol

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Really glad you're back, love all your stuff. Not sure if this was intentional but "Baguette" says "qui qui" alot, which translates to "who who". I think you meant "Oui oui" which translate to "yes yes". If i'm mistaken, my apologies.
Her father was part French Owl....but in all seriousness...
Thank you for that, My last French lessons were in high school and sometimes I get terms confused. I'll amend that now. Thank you.

damn this one was quick, i remember the other day we were talking about the ideas that u had for a game on the other thread
I'm not one for fluff or fucking around if I can help it. :giggle:

I believe in you because if you really cared that much about money you would include incest in your game after all the biggest milkers are incest game developers lol
I don't know if it translates to more money, because niche games and a reputation can attract supporters too. Hell, I found one game on here where you play as a fly and have to eat schoolgirl poop and that had supporters, or the confusing 'Chair Fucking Simulator'

But yeah top 15 are a varied mix:

Operation lovedoll and wildlife are (as of writing) 3d sandboxes essentially, whickedwhims is a mod, Savin and Fenoxo are monstergirls/furry text based stuff, Majalis who creates Tales of Androgyny is trap, futa adventure (Dark Knight is best girl, no argument permitted, fight me).

Reactions: ferth23

Allan Wolf

Jun 1, 2021
Her father was part French Owl....but in all seriousness...
Thank you for that, My last French lessons were in high school and sometimes I get terms confused. I'll amend that now. Thank you.

I'm not one for fluff or fucking around if I can help it. :giggle:

I don't know if it translates to more money, because niche games and a reputation can attract supporters too. Hell, I found one game on here where you play as a fly and have to eat schoolgirl poop and that had supporters, or the confusing 'Chair Fucking Simulator'

But yeah top 15 are a varied mix:

Operation lovedoll and wildlife are (as of writing) 3d sandboxes essentially, whickedwhims is a mod, Savin and Fenoxo are monstergirls/furry text based stuff, Majalis who creates Tales of Androgyny is trap, futa adventure (Dark Knight is best girl, no argument permitted, fight me).
and I thought that I was the only one crazy for liking the incest tag lol, but then I saw every strange preference here in this format, I was surprised when I saw that a large crowd loves ntr and bestiality games

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Wow you got 9 pages already, when is the next update?

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Wow you got 9 pages already, when is the next update?
I'm working on it now, probably either today, tomorrow or at the latest Friday. That said I was gonna do it so that 0.1 is on here, patrons get 0.2. then when 0.3 comes out I'll post 0.2 here myself and report it to you uploaders.

Also I'd like to think 9 pages is because people like the game, it's concept and want to walk this path with me at my back to support me on my journey....or they just like French titties....

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Currently building the distributions for 0.2 version, whilst I still have music I have listened to the reviews and some scenes I am testing with ambient background noise now.

Patrons will get access to 0.2 immediately. Once I've done 0.3. probably by the end of this week I can release 0.2 on here.

3.50 star(s) 22 Votes