kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
I will be playing your modded endings later today.
Curious why do you say DLC? Has DanK said anything about it? Oh wait its going to be like stranded 2 isnt it? Amnesia 2.
Frankly he is on an arduous engine, using 'image file animation' like LOP guys.
Oh well, I hope he improves his game going forward, Like so many dev's have.
According to SolarEclipsed and a post on the patreon page, that's what he's planning. Standalone extensions to the gentleman route. Disappointing for the moment, but perhaps we'll see some great new content down the line?

Well, RPG Maker MV is a pretty decent engine (though not necessarily the best RPG Maker), but he's basically displaying pictures with a mili-second interval in-between. That means he has to make and script up *a lot* of pictures.
Not sure why he's only recently started to also use animated videos (which can be shown and are, at least integration wise, a lot less effort) or at least used variable function loops to call any of the necessary pictures, rather than building an entire sequence.

E.g. He has the entire sequence, sometimes hundreds of picture calls, done manually, and then loops it depending on the overall scene length.
I'd simply insert a loop function that calls pictures based on a temporary variable, ensure every picture has a variable that calls it, and ensure the variables number up with the order within the sequence.
So instead of doing hundreds of pictures, I'd just do 20-30. Every time a picture is called, I'd increase the temporary variable until it reaches the max number of pictures, at which point I'd make the script display the pictures in reverse by counting down. Not sure why he doesn't do something like that, since it saves a lot of tedious work, but maybe he has a reason. One way or another, having seen the work within the RPG maker, he's put A LOT of effort into the game, even if it may sometimes seem a bit raw or ripe at some points.
From what I've heard of his previous works, he does seem to be improving constantly, though.

KyoriKusagami

Nov 10, 2017
Guys, it means it's worth cheat on your girlfriend with her sister to get best ending than you faithful to her and you get worst and unfinished ending? My Girlfriend Amnesia started so good and ends like an unfinished game. Disappointment is the word for this game

Reactions: hehexd123456

HonoredEx

May 2, 2017
According to SolarEclipsed and a post on the patreon page, that's what he's planning. Standalone extensions to the gentleman route. Disappointing for the moment, but perhaps we'll see some great new content down the line?

Well, RPG Maker MV is a pretty decent engine (though not necessarily the best RPG Maker), but he's basically displaying pictures with a mili-second interval in-between. That means he has to make and script up *a lot* of pictures.
Not sure why he's only recently started to also use animated videos (which can be shown and are, at least integration wise, a lot less effort) or at least used variable function loops to call any of the necessary pictures, rather than building an entire sequence.

E.g. He has the entire sequence, sometimes hundreds of picture calls, done manually, and then loops it depending on the overall scene length.
I'd simply insert a loop function that calls pictures based on a temporary variable, ensure every picture has a variable that calls it, and ensure the variables number up with the order within the sequence.
So instead of doing hundreds of pictures, I'd just do 20-30. Every time a picture is called, I'd increase the temporary variable until it reaches the max number of pictures, at which point I'd make the script display the pictures in reverse by counting down. Not sure why he doesn't do something like that, since it saves a lot of tedious work, but maybe he has a reason. One way or another, having seen the work within the RPG maker, he's put A LOT of effort into the game, even if it may sometimes seem a bit raw or ripe at some points.
From what I've heard of his previous works, he does seem to be improving constantly, though.
I see so he has something planned, Well alright if the content is good and leaves you satisfied then its worth the wait.

Yeah I know what you mean with entire picture sequences, It creates quite a bit of load as well, Sometimes makes it crash as soon as the scene starts. But its fine the next time.
Sure he is putting ALOT of effort into the game, but its not efficient even for him. I can take a needle n thread and start making a napkin or I can just buy one? Not sure if example is right. But its the best my not so sober brain can do for now.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
The amnesia has gotten a little tiresome, have to say I like the sister better now that I've played a while. Annoying that I don't get to bone everyone who offers, why am I suddenly saying no (I don't have a say most of the time)?

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
I see so he has something planned, Well alright if the content is good and leaves you satisfied then its worth the wait.

Yeah I know what you mean with entire picture sequences, It creates quite a bit of load as well, Sometimes makes it crash as soon as the scene starts. But its fine the next time.
Sure he is putting ALOT of effort into the game, but its not efficient even for him. I can take a needle n thread and start making a napkin or I can just buy one? Not sure if example is right. But its the best my not so sober brain can do for now.
The real nightmare is actually in the RPG Maker itself. Whenever you open an event, it loads the entire thing to the forefront of your memory while simultaneously having *all* banks and archives loaded into the memory. It's a massive load that can often cause crashes when trying to edit an event, and it can even cause crashes while SAVING all the changes, which is the greatest nightmare you could possibly experience, because in that regard, RPG Maker is very, very, very badly designed. Since it doesn't open/or modify the packed files but draws them all into the memory, a crash can mean that you end up with everything corrupted or blank, making you lose the entire project.
That happened to me early during the modding stage and since then I backup the entire data folder every few minutes, just to be sure. Modding the game felt like juggeling with a handgrenade that's got a loose pin. You'll never know when it blows your hands away.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Why is there suddenly an unknown woman in my livingroom?? Just standing there, around the time the sister got arrested and she's still there. x'D

HonoredEx

May 2, 2017
The real nightmare is actually in the RPG Maker itself. Whenever you open an event, it loads the entire thing to the forefront of your memory while simultaneously having *all* banks and archives loaded into the memory. It's a massive load that can often cause crashes when trying to edit an event, and it can even cause crashes while SAVING all the changes, which is the greatest nightmare you could possibly experience, because in that regard, RPG Maker is very, very, very badly designed. Since it doesn't open/or modify the packed files but draws them all into the memory, a crash can mean that you end up with everything corrupted or blank, making you lose the entire project.
That happened to me early during the modding stage and since then I backup the entire data folder every few minutes, just to be sure. Modding the game felt like juggeling with a handgrenade that's got a loose pin. You'll never know when it blows your hands away.
That may explain why a similarly low tech engine based game takes freaking 1.4gb memory, Yes this game. It loads alot into the memory.
Thanks for the insight and thank you for juggling the Handgrenade for us and still finishing the mod. :)

shadowking20

Dec 16, 2017
do anyone have a saved file after the the mc and the sisters come from the strip club i did it but the game crashed i lost all because i did not save regularly so thank if you can help

Juicer69

Aug 31, 2017
This game was great, until the final instalment. It just felt like the end didn't justify the means. The gf ending was awful, the sister ending was the better of them and the Betty ending just lacked in all areas. No Mary ending made no sense. The Adrian ending just seemed too easy. I think there could have been more to it. Maybe a gf and sister ending. Or a happy ending for the gf ending. I just don't think any real thought was put into the endings we got. They felt like "Let's just get this over with and move on to the next project" endings.

mbn89

Apr 7, 2017
One of the potential endings, dude sends us a DVD gloating even though you potentially used his now pregnant wife like a human cum dumpster (potentially raping her nightly) all the while dropping loads in her sister and a gaggle of other neighborhood sluts along the way.....yah bro you sure showed us LOL....I kinda liked the waitress though.

SolarEclipsed

I may be wrong it happened once.
Donor
Nov 6, 2017
This game was great, until the final instalment. It just felt like the end didn't justify the means. The gf ending was awful, the sister ending was the better of them and the Betty ending just lacked in all areas. No Mary ending made no sense. The Adrian ending just seemed too easy. I think there could have been more to it. Maybe a gf and sister ending. Or a happy ending for the gf ending. I just don't think any real thought was put into the endings we got. They felt like "Let's just get this over with and move on to the next project" endings.
As you haven't looked back
He is going to continue the game as standalone updates whilst working on the new game. The updates are going to come from the gentleman path, so he has left that part open ended so he can continue on

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Felt a little rushed at the end, but overall I enjoyed the game. I was kinda hoping/wanting to live with both sisters tbh. Not sure why the sister and I didn't plan threesomes every day. :p

3.60 star(s) 63 Votes