gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Unfortunately that's going to take a bit longer than expected. I was pretty close to finishing up most of the GF&Sister scenes and day endings, but it turns out that when the RPG maker crashes WHILE you save a map, it not only crashes but also overwrites the map you're saving with a 0 byte version...
So yeah, about 4-5 hours of work just gone. *sigh*
no pressure man, take your time ;)

I still have to play the actual game anyway, last time I played was 0.7 and only one path

Rumplewalrus

Jul 15, 2017
d

is there a construction worker sex with the mc's girl friend at the kitchen ? I can't really trigger that damn scene no matter what I do
Yeah that scene is there and you can see it with the mod.

Based on the dialog in that scene it makes me think that you've pretty much got to push the g/f into being more sexual - even against her will - and to be dismissive of her. Obviously you have to be not present for NTR to trigger, but beyond that I think the trigger is only even an option if you're more or less being a complete dick.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I don't know if someone already posted it. Some SJW probably reported the game to Patreon and so Daniels had to comply.
They are just killing creativity.
Personally I'm going to delete all my pledges on all creators this month, I cannot keep supporting censorship. Let me know when a Patreon alternative comes up.

Zigyzag

Jan 27, 2018
Looks like a class game! Unfortunately I'm stuck to just android so no joy for me :'( heres hoping for the future..

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
I don't know if someone already posted it. Some SJW probably reported the game to Patreon and so Daniels had to comply.
They are just killing creativity.
Personally I'm going to delete all my pledges on all creators this month, I cannot keep supporting censorship. Let me know when a Patreon alternative comes up.

I don't see why they don't just do what others have suggested. Make it so the MC can chose what people are to them. That or follow patreons rules and just create a file to download separately that mods the game back to the way it was, or was meant to be. There's another dude on Patreon doing just that to no only get away with incest content, but clearly loli / shota content as well.

Reactions: torkenstiem

SolarEclipsed

I may be wrong it happened once.
Donor
Nov 6, 2017
I don't see why they don't just do what others have suggested. Make it so the MC can chose what people are to them. That or follow patreons rules and just create a file to download separately that mods the game back to the way it was, or was meant to be. There's another dude on Patreon doing just that to no only get away with incest content, but clearly loli / shota content as well.
Because the only changes that were made is that he removed a rape scene between the GF and Adrian, the one where he chloroforms her and then has sex and a few text changes to say she gives consent before jumping on other guys dicks, instead of it being implied there is no real incest content it was more non-consent stuff

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
So that's probably the very first game we know about that's being affected directly by anti-rape policy. Damn, I hoped they will take it easy. It's very unlikely that it wasn't due to someone's report I guess as this scene isn't early in game. Annoying even tho I don't really like this scene. Dev should definitely work on his sex writing rather than animations

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
Sigh. Kindergarden policies by kindergarden kids. It's like there's no such thing as adults anymore that understand what reality and fiction are, and how they differ.
Oh noes, non-consent content in a erotic video game. What? Change all the content in all those countless other games where people murder one another, have wars or destroy entire planets? Don't be silly! That's all just fiction.

Well, I might just patch all those small changes out again with my mod. >.>

SolarEclipsed

Donor
Nov 6, 2017
So that's probably the very first game we know about that's being affected directly by anti-rape policy. Damn, I hoped they will take it easy. It's very unlikely that it wasn't due to someone's report I guess as this scene isn't early in game. Annoying even tho I don't really like this scene. Dev should definitely work on his sex writing rather than animations
The way they went after incest content is it a surprise? IMO rape is a hell of a lot worse than incest, so I think losing the Adrian Chloroform scene was no real lose to the game, it was an extra scene for a certain type of fetish.

Reactions: pappypop

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
The way they went after incest content is it a surprise? IMO rape is a hell of a lot worse than incest, so I think losing the Adrian Chloroform scene was no real lose to the game, it was an extra scene for a certain type of fetish.
Incest content is almost always obvious while rape scenes require some research that's way it's surprising. No way they checked RPGM game by themselves so I suppose it has to be report of someone insulted by NTR. I don't agree with your comparison and how people perceive things but the point is that it's really bad when anything is removed forcefully. It means basically any game can be reported as non-consensual scenes are pretty common (blackmail, mind control). It's more and more difficult to develop games on Patreon

Reactions: torkenstiem

SolarEclipsed

Donor
Nov 6, 2017
Incest content is almost always obvious while rape scenes require some research that's way it's surprising. No way they checked RPGM game by themselves so I suppose it has to be report of someone insulted by NTR. I don't agree with your comparison and how people perceive things but the point is that it's really bad when anything is removed forcefully. It means basically any game can be reported as non-consensual scenes are pretty common (blackmail, mind control). It's more and more difficult to develop games on Patreon
I don't understand your logic. The only scene lost was one where the guy broke into a house, drugged and then had sex with someone, to me there is no ambiguity, that is rape. From what Daniels has said it wasn't a complaint but part of the review done by the safety standards, people seem to think that Patreon is a forum where free speech and creativity should be allowed. Patreon is a business, it has rules clearly written in it's rules for adult content it specifically says rape content is not allowed whether in real life or animated. Patreon have the right like any owner of who or who doesn't make money on their site. It is like a shop, they can sell what they like if they don't like what you're selling they have the right to tell you to change it or to leave.

Reactions: pappypop

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
God this game is such a chore. Are there cheats for this? How can you have this walking or running speed and think that's a good idea? How annoying is it that you're essentially unable to skip through dialogue because it autopicks choices for you?

Reactions: ColdXClue

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
And that kind of shortsighted way of thinking is exactly the reason why censorship works so well. *sigh*
So long as it does not ruin anything I like, all is well, wohoo. And then one day, it's your turn. And you turn around and look for people to support you, but by then they're either used to it, or don't care about your particular fetish.

Take me for example. I'm mostly looking forward to the loyal romance route, because the story of pulling through with your gf and making her love your again and again is the most compelling part for me.
So maybe I wouldn't mind if he removed all the cheating scenes with the sister and all the other girls. Cheating is wrong and I don't really need those scenes after all. But where would that leave you?

And the business excuse is really just that. Everything's a business these days. Public services are becoming a business. Patreon's business is to have a website where people can be supported by donations because they like what those people do. And from all those donations, they take a chunk out for...having the platform. Why can they do so? Because they're the biggest platform that offers that. So. A monopoly. Weren't there...like...laws against monopolys?

SolarEclipsed

Donor
Nov 6, 2017
And that kind of shortsighted way of thinking is exactly the reason why censorship works so well. *sigh*
So long as it does not ruin anything I like, all is well, wohoo. And then one day, it's your turn. And you turn around and look for people to support you, but by then they're either used to it, or don't care about your particular fetish.

Take me for example. I'm mostly looking forward to the loyal romance route, because the story of pulling through with your gf and making her love your again and again is the most compelling part for me.
So maybe I wouldn't mind if he removed all the cheating scenes with the sister and all the other girls. Cheating is wrong and I don't really need those scenes after all. But where would that leave you?

And the business excuse is really just that. Everything's a business these days. Public services are becoming a business. Patreon's business is to have a website where people can be supported by donations because they like what those people do. And from all those donations, they take a chunk out for...having the platform. Why can they do so? Because they're the biggest platform that offers that. So. A monopoly. Weren't there...like...laws against monopolys?
They haven't censored the NTR content, they have told him to get rid or change one scene of something that is against their terms and conditions. This forum has rule and regulations that mean you can't just do or say what you like, they have moderators, so are they infringing on my free speech by deleting a post that was off topic on a thread (The answer is no, it is ther forum they can do what they like). There is a law against owning monopolies yes, but it doesn't apply to companies that find a niche in the market and then create the big company. (See Google, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon). Daniels himself isn't too bothered by it as it is not integral to his story all NTR content was hidden as some people like it. Just to point out I have supported this game and all of Daniels game for over 3 years even when he put this content in. It was creators choice, I accepted that, the fact that I don't care it is gone is nothing to do with censorship it was a small scene in a great game and the Dv has been left alone by Patreon for now.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I don't understand your logic. The only scene lost was one where the guy broke into a house, drugged and then had sex with someone, to me there is no ambiguity, that is rape. From what Daniels has said it wasn't a complaint but part of the review done by the safety standards, people seem to think that Patreon is a forum where free speech and creativity should be allowed. Patreon is a business, it has rules clearly written in it's rules for adult content it specifically says rape content is not allowed whether in real life or animated. Patreon have the right like any owner of who or who doesn't make money on their site. It is like a shop, they can sell what they like if they don't like what you're selling they have the right to tell you to change it or to leave.
I understand how Patreon works. I have no issues with Patreon and don't really care about it. I like our games and I find it terrible and harmful that anything is removed from games just because Patreon doesn't like it. I know it's justified. Hell, If I was Patreon's CEO I would remove all these games in a month. But I care about games and our current situation is being more and more troublesome. It's now obvious that new platform has to emerge but no one knows when and how as whole west is fixated on sex and can't accept it in a mainstream like Japanese industry. My point is that devs (and players) are in a deep shit and it's being worse every month.

kuraiken

Dec 5, 2017
They haven't censored the NTR content, they have told him to get rid or change one scene of something that is against their terms and conditions. This forum has rule and regulations that mean you can't just do or say what you like, they have moderators, so are they infringing on my free speech by deleting a post that was off topic on a thread (The answer is no, it is ther forum they can do what they like). There is a law against owning monopolies yes, but it doesn't apply to companies that find a niche in the market and then create the big company. (See Google, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon). Daniels himself isn't too bothered by it as it is not integral to his story all NTR content was hidden as some people like it. Just to point out I have supported this game and all of Daniels game for over 3 years even when he put this content in. It was creators choice, I accepted that, the fact that I don't care it is gone is nothing to do with censorship it was a small scene in a great game and the Dv has been left alone by Patreon for now.
It's neither the scene nor whether it bothers the author that bothers me. It's that we increasingly see groups that work as go-betweens (paypal, online book stores, patreon, etc.) have specific terms (or change their terms to include specific terms) that makes them the final authority of what content is acceptable, even if they aren't remotely involved in its production and have a monopolistic position in the market. Especially with patreon it bugs the hell out of me, because patreon has nothing to do with the content. They create nothing, they sell nothing. The one thing they do is provide a platform for donations, of which they take a sizeable share.

Reactions: Elkfood

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Because the only changes that were made is that he removed a rape scene between the GF and Adrian, the one where he chloroforms her and then has sex and a few text changes to say she gives consent before jumping on other guys dicks, instead of it being implied there is no real incest content it was more non-consent stuff
Hopefully he removed the scene altogether and not that she's going to willingly have sex with someone who just broke into her house. Not really a fan of the rape scene, but at least it makes sense in the context of the story.

3.60 star(s) 63 Votes