VN Ren'Py My Goddess [v0.01] [Blackthunder_vn]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
odbpm I don't wanted to insult you, it's just my straight hard way to tell you look over that 5 clicks and have a look at the game itself, Story building and char binding tis what that scene should be.

Feel like the mc lost your job and hit hard and deep by being cheated at.
If you would have had the time to read my old posts here you would have seen it eventually a bit different.

Reactions: gubp

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
odbpm
I want to challenge you.
Play the game till the end as far as it is for now .

Then come back and tell me what you think of it after playing it.
Let's see if the game can change your mind about that scene.

Please do me the favor and just play it.

Reactions: gubp

sandwichpuncher

Apr 1, 2024
Hard to take an mc seriously if he can only watch as his gf gets her back blown out by his dad and does nothing
Yes, the propagandists in Western societies are hard at work trying to turn people into limp-dicked losers. No rational person would think it makes sense to *not* resort to violence when confronted with a situation like this, but there's a shocking percentage of games that attempt to portray standing and watching as the right thing to do. And in industries that have been monopolized by a certain ethnoreligion, like Hollywood, this is how similar situations always play out. The only time they'll depict virtuous MC's being violent is when the person offending them is a conservative, straight white man.

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
sandwichpuncher For me as human it doesn't matter what religion, what skin color, thinking or if the person is poor or rich it's a human nothing more and nothing less.

Yeah it may be a weird thing to just let the MC walk away, but at my thinking it shows even more strength to just leave then beating the shit out of them or kill them.

Does it really make the MC a loser or a winner.
Think about it.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Yes, the propagandists in Western societies are hard at work trying to turn people into limp-dicked losers. No rational person would think it makes sense to *not* resort to violence when confronted with a situation like this, but there's a shocking percentage of games that attempt to portray standing and watching as the right thing to do. And in industries that have been monopolized by a certain ethnoreligion, like Hollywood, this is how similar situations always play out. The only time they'll depict virtuous MC's being violent is when the person offending them is a conservative, straight white man.
Funny. A coworker did just that in that situation. he found his ex cheating on him and beat him up. He is now in probation, would be in Jail if he did not have kids. What do you think it say about you that you find it just to resort to violence to resolve a conflict in witch emotions go to the forefront. I personally think that when you grow older as an adult it is expected that you are able to control your emotions or at least don't let them control you. Walking away does not mean you don't feel those emotions of wanting to punch them in the face and kick them until they beg for mercy while crying. It means that you know the consequences of going for that and that you can screw them over even more if you take your time. La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid. Vengeance is best served cold.

TKdropemoff

Oct 4, 2023
well i came back to this game out of curiosity since i seen it got updated... so the scene is still there? Alright..

Honestly.. I think it would do you some good dev to add a warning to the OP about that controversial scene tbh.
As you should know by now, you have been on this site long enough to know, any type of thing of the MC being cheated on, no matter if it's 5 clicks, or one, will always bring this reaction when it comes to this. No matter if it's a one off, flashback, ex gf, whatever.

Best to save people time, and yours explaining. Or having to respond to this topic every update. Because it will be a topic every update as long as that scene is in the game for new players who discover your game.. just the truth. If you add the warning, Then honestly if they download the game seeing the warning, well it's their fault that time right?

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
TKdropemoff Nope, if I would warn the player it doesn't hit the nerve it has to hit.

It's called char binding, the player has to feel the emotions of the MC since he playes the MC.
The reactions to that scene proves me right that I've done a great job by hitting emotions at the player's side.

The Player has to feel the MC's pain.

Then there has to be a discusion every update, I don't have a problem to tell my thoughts while adding that scene.

grim019

Mar 28, 2020
TKdropemoff Nope, if I would warn the player it doesn't hit the nerve it has to hit.

It's called char binding, the player has to feel the emotions of the MC since he playes the MC.
The reactions to that scene proves me right that I've done a great job by hitting emotions at the player's side.

Then there has to be a discusion every update, I don't have a problem to tell my thoughts while adding that scene.
Putting a warning wouldn't change the way people feel about the scene.

TKdropemoff

Oct 4, 2023

well I will say it again, your game.

If you want this to the same topic every update, Then the other stuff in the game, then so be it.

I don't think the reaction you think you getting, is the good kind, but aye, what do i know...:whistle::coffee:

Reactions: Blackthunder_vn

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
I worked 24 hour shifts most of my adult life. One shift I went in an hour early so the other medic could take his kids to first day of school. So he came in early the next shift to even the hours out. I did not tell my girlfriend at the time as I did not think anything of it. So I cam home to find her in bed with another man. Now at the time in my state I had every right to shoot the man. But I did not. While i was pissed off and hurting I calmly started packing my clothes and left. Resorting to violence would not have help. I most likely would have lost my paramedic license and had to spent money I really didn't have on a lawyer. BTW I am also a straight white conservative.

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes