Ren'Py My Happy Family [Ch. 2 Intro Part 1] [SayWhatProdutions]

3.40 star(s) 34 Votes

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
I supported from the start, stopped awhile back. This game almost 1 yr old and has gone nowhere, he abandoned a previous game on top of that. Games at Chapter 1 and dev has used every excuse devs use by chapter 15. Bad health, card blew up got a better one now things will be faster but now takes twice as long.

Dont fall for it. Game for 1 no Animations, that by itself should make updates faster. New CPU already should have increased time and it has doubled the time. Game is going nowhere unfortunately, support at your own risk.

haha mm

Apr 17, 2017
I supported from the start, stopped awhile back.
What are his subcribers saying? He still has over 500 of them of them after all. Judging by the replies to the posts on SS they're not saying anything at all, but maybe there's a discord or something?

I'm actually baffled that he's spending so much time on these comics.

Reactions: drone4of2

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
What are his subcribers saying? He still has over 500 of them of them after all. Judging by the replies to the posts on SS they're not saying anything at all, but maybe there's a discord or something?

I'm actually baffled that he's spending so much time on these comics.
I hate shitting on devs , twice tonight and first time ever but deserved, tough job working for free in most cases. I complained about comics and excuses when I left but it is what it is.

I'm just warning others on supporting, don't expect anything if you do. Game is going nowhere fast if at all.

Last edited:

ohhaiguize

Oct 2, 2018
I said this earlier but the dev is still working on the game, but at the same time he is doing a comic and commissions constantly, so the game shares development time with like 3 other things, I believe the dev is still working on this but it might take 5 years before we see it finished at this pace.

Silver_Blue

Jan 22, 2022
Been supporting this guy since chapter 1 release. I personally feel like I'm getting my money worth with the content he's producing but I also feel like he's doing to many things at once. He has put in more time in his comics and his supporters enjoy it. Top it off with commissions I believe as other have stated previously the game is gonna be updated painfully slow.

every10min

Jun 24, 2022
I mean that's fine for the people that support him. For me the fact that his last update states that the next release won't even be "Chapter 2" but rather a prologue to Chapter 2 means it has it be a significant amount of outstanding content to keep me as a supporter. Starting a bunch of side projects is just the definition of the slow milk/burn, you never have to actually deliver on anything, but it always seems like something good is just around the corner...

gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019
Ill have to say i love what this game could become if the dev would work more on it. Working on what comics? I haven't seen a link or anything to them so where are these things he's working on while mooching money while not working on the game. And if he's not gonna work on the game pause your support for it so you dont constantly take money from your supporters while not working on it.

fnnn90

Jul 24, 2022
Ill have to say i love what this game could become if the dev would work more on it. Working on what comics? I haven't seen a link or anything to them so where are these things he's working on while mooching money while not working on the game. And if he's not gonna work on the game pause your support for it so you dont constantly take money from your supporters while not working on it.
The dev works for his subscribers and they vote for comics, the reason you don't see it shared is because his subscribers don't want to share it, if someone wants to see his work they must subscribe to his page it's that simple

Reactions: ohhaiguize

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
The dev works for his subscribers and they vote for comics, the reason you don't see it shared is because his subscribers don't want to share it, if someone wants to see his work they must subscribe to his page it's that simple
I subbed to his subscribe star for this game specifically. Like 90% of the content is comics I care nothing about. Going to stop supporting it. I honestly don't think his base wants comics over the game. I think it's just easier, and people still enjoy them.

ohhaiguize

Oct 2, 2018
I subbed to his subscribe star for this game specifically. Like 90% of the content is comics I care nothing about. Going to stop supporting it. I honestly don't think his base wants comics over the game. I think it's just easier, and people still enjoy them.
I'll ask you to kindly post the comic and some of the Polaroid posts?

Silver_Blue

Jan 22, 2022
Depending on how this next update goes it's probably going to be the last month I sub too. New post today is content/comic that $100 tier sub commissioned (who graciously agreed to share it with all subs). While it's only part one of the comic they all tend to be slow burns to the build up including this one. (7 Comics/ 2 complete and 5 in progress not including the Kyla side story/comic) I subbed for the game but ended up with a comic creator. I don't mind waiting 3-6 months for an update and paying each month till that update but at this rate by the time the next game update comes out there's gonna be 5 in progress comics and a 5 minute game play update....

Coraline_Oaks

Mar 9, 2021
Depending on how this next update goes it's probably going to be the last month I sub too. New post today is content/comic that $100 tier sub commissioned (who graciously agreed to share it with all subs). While it's only part one of the comic they all tend to be slow burns to the build up including this one. (7 Comics/ 2 complete and 5 in progress not including the Kyla side story/comic) I subbed for the game but ended up with a comic creator. I don't mind waiting 3-6 months for an update and paying each month till that update but at this rate by the time the next game update comes out there's gonna be 5 in progress comics and a 5 minute game play update....
Can you share the comics with us please

ohhaiguize

Oct 2, 2018
Doesn't hurt to ask honestly. I'm in the same camp as a lot of other bros in here, I would 100% support this dev if he worked full time on MHF but because he also does 5 comics at the same time im not down for that (also his prices are a bit high for any amount of good content).

Reactions: 666dudeguy69
3.40 star(s) 34 Votes