VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Little Katelyn [Ch. 3] [Ellaraia]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

03abc

Oct 3, 2017
ImperialD You can ask dev on his discord about the game. Maybe he will return, but someone reported this game on patreon and it's banned. So he has three options: move from patreon to other founding site, redesign this game, or make another.

Reactions: Ellaraia

03abc

Oct 3, 2017
ImperialD It's actually on hold, but it's labeled as abandoned because dev wasn't actve for more than 3 months.
I talked with dev on discord recently and he wanted to return to this game.

Last edited:

03abc

Oct 3, 2017
Any idea why it was banned?
No, they just told dev to remove links without explaining which ruses he broke. We came to conclusion it's probably because they consider katelyn looking too young. It's pretty dumb, but nothing else makes sense, since this game don't contain any content forbidden by patreon.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I believe Paypal is Patreon's largest single payment processor and as such, they can institute certain rules over what is and isn't allowed.
Paypal is notorious for their attitude towards adult content as, primarily, it has much higher than average fraud rate. This is especially prevalent over borderline illegal content (barely legal or legal by a loophole). Additionally, adult media has a much higher rate of return compared to other media, dissatisfaction and requests for reimbursement.

Note that even CCBill, which was set up specifically for online adult content, strictly regulates websites that use its services.

I personally know two examples, stated in support tickets I requested.
One was Karup's PC which was forced to retire a lot of content posted before 2009 which didn't have complete 18 USC 2257 paperwork (Karup media complied, while ATK either had complete paperwork or they weaseled out of it for their early content).
Another was Met-art. Other than obviously illegal content from unscrupulous Russian photographers submitting underage model pictures, they were also forced to take down model pages for some models who looked too young, e.g., Josephine photographed by Peter Dominic -- even though she was 21 when photographed and even though she was their public face on the cover of two issues of their web magazine (with an interview and a cover story).

Patreon polices adult media creators with a lot of scrutiny because on the one hand, non-adult creators generate the steady bulk of their revenue and on the other hand, if they overstep their bounds, Patreon stands to lose Paypal as a payment processor. If that were to happen, Patreon would ban all adult media from their site with virtually no grace period and no migration process.

• Thinking Face

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Just got a hold of this dev's other games, is what is here enough to warrant a playthrough or should I just skip it?

truien

Mar 17, 2020
It's in Chapter 2. I posted the preview pics for Chapters 1 and 2 together in the thread for me previous game. That's where OP got them from. Sorry about that.
Ellaraia, since this game is currently marked “abandoned” I have to ask... do you have any plans to finish this game? It’s always a major disappointment when devs leave us hanging, to say nothing of being a slight to your patrons. Why do devs start new projects when their others aren’t finished? Any clarity you could provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Ellaraia, since this game is currently marked “abandoned” I have to ask... do you have any plans to finish this game? It’s always a major disappointment when devs leave us hanging, to say nothing of being a slight to your patrons. Why do devs start new projects when their others aren’t finished? Any clarity you could provide would be appreciated. Thank you.
Why I stopped:

Why I didn't continue:

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes