VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Little Katelyn [Ch. 3] [Ellaraia]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
i guess, but having a patreon page with more information of what kind of games you make it does a lot for a dev, thats why almost all the devs usually write the type of fetishes, features etc they make, if the game is vanilla/romance etc
Your patreon page is kinda short in details, you need to sell it a bit more.
It had more details at the start of ShF. I wasn't sure what to write when I switched to MyLK. I'll have a think about a few things I could add to improve it. I should probably update the images too.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
I spent 2 years in a relationship where I hated everything about it beside who it was with. I hated how far apart we were; how little she wanted to speak to me; how we couldn't be intimate after the first year because she struggled to get a VPN to work with the new crackdown; the knowledge that if her grandmother said so, our relationship would end. I didn't think "I'll just try someone else." I loved her. I still do. So I put it with all the crappy parts. Not everyone just tries something different.
I think most people have had that one relationship we hung on too long for whatever reason and then learned to just cut and run. Thats what is frustrating about Lucy, we just want to run far far away as fast as possible. I know you say its coming but I still believe it was a mistake to block it even though content is minimal in the early going in the game. Its obviously deterring quite a few a people from giving the game a chance because of it. I know I havent touched it since chapter 1 and wont bother playing until I get the option to cut and run. (y)

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
I think most people have had that one relationship we hung on too long for whatever reason and then learned to just cut and run. Thats what is frustrating about Lucy, we just want to run far far away as fast as possible. I know you say its coming but I still believe it was a mistake to block it even though content is minimal in the early going in the game. Its obviously deterring quite a few a people from giving the game a chance because of it. I know I havent touched it since chapter 1 and wont bother playing until I get the option to cut and run. (y)
I tend to agree, I've still been playing the updates, but I definitely intend to start over and drop lucy asap once I can.

KyoriKusagami

Nov 10, 2017
The quote isn't necessarily about what's going to be in the game, but my opinion on the topic we were discussing.

Chapter 4 will reveal what's going on with Lucy.
Ok, now I'm curious about the next chapter. I don't think your writing is bad, in fact, it needs some improvements like the passage of time in chapter 3, because in one scene MC is with his girlfriend and one second after MC is with Katelyn instantly, so this left me confused about where he(MC) is or what time the scene is happening, but main problem still is in Lucy, because she has a serious problem with communication with her boyfriend and in the relationship, communication issues are the main factor to destroy the affection and breaking the bond.

Reactions: Valeck and Ellaraia

erkper

May 16, 2018
So I just picked this up with Ch 3 and played it through before coming to the thread. My first thought is, "Huh? So Lucy isn't using MC as a beard for her relationship with Sophie? Really?" My next thought is "What? This is the NICER version of Lucy? How bad was she before Ch 3 was released?" Simply can't wait for the next release so I can dump her, I'm not sure I really care what her excuse will be in Chapter 4.

Part of the reason I think so many assumed a lesbian relationship with Lucy and Sophie is that the OP flat out says the plot branch with Lucy will build to a 3 way with her and Sophie, and I'm not sure many would expect a MFF three way that DIDN'T include some lesbian action/feelings...

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
I like this game well enough. I wish there was a way to split the storylines a little more so that you aren't a cheating manwhore the whole time but I get it's early and you're still working on the bits and pieces.

Reactions: Ellaraia

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
I like this game well enough. I wish there was a way to split the storylines a little more so that you aren't a cheating manwhore the whole time but I get it's early and you're still working on the bits and pieces.
I'm going to add dumping one of the girls in the next chapter.

Barry Brown

Sep 9, 2017
Is there a way to assign keys manually? To press space is so much easier than to press enter. When pressing space, it is not possible to see if there was a choice moment or not! So the first run I made was pressing space, not once knowing where I had a choice. But I will run it a few times more! All girls look stunning, really!
One more question: when two people sit next to each other, and then the left person talks and then the right one, could you show the name tag on the correct side? Lucy was sitting to the left and Soph was to the right, so it would make sense if the name tag was on the correct side.
You did improve the drawings over time. I noticed in the beginning all of the eyes were looking to my nose or so, later on the eyes start to look straight up, which is more human and lovely as well. Keep up the good work.
If you need good ideas, just ask! For instance, I would love to have an option to zoom in. Where the mouse pointer would be the center of zoom, and ctrl-1 to ctrl-9 would zoom in, and ctrl-0 would reset the zoom. (windows 10 has a zoom option as well, win and +, win 7 has win+Q). Another option would be to have the player set the text position. I'd rather have it on the top, since on the bottom you get to see the better details (pressing H to hide is a lot of work of course).
Sorry, just rambling on .. .. ..

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Is there a way to assign keys manually? To press space is so much easier than to press enter. When pressing space, it is not possible to see if there was a choice moment or not! So the first run I made was pressing space, not once knowing where I had a choice. But I will run it a few times more! All girls look stunning, really!
One more question: when two people sit next to each other, and then the left person talks and then the right one, could you show the name tag on the correct side? Lucy was sitting to the left and Soph was to the right, so it would make sense if the name tag was on the correct side.
You did improve the drawings over time. I noticed in the beginning all of the eyes were looking to my nose or so, later on the eyes start to look straight up, which is more human and lovely as well. Keep up the good work.
If you need good ideas, just ask! For instance, I would love to have an option to zoom in. Where the mouse pointer would be the center of zoom, and ctrl-1 to ctrl-9 would zoom in, and ctrl-0 would reset the zoom. (windows 10 has a zoom option as well, win and +, win 7 has win+Q). Another option would be to have the player set the text position. I'd rather have it on the top, since on the bottom you get to see the better details (pressing H to hide is a lot of work of course).
Sorry, just rambling on .. .. ..
Assigning keys:
I have no idea.

Eyes:
It's sometimes hard to judge eyes with just 5-10 minutes of rendering, but I can't really wait much longer than that.

Zooming:
The images would be really pixillated if you zoomed in.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
i guess, but having a patreon page with more information of what kind of games you make it does a lot for a dev, thats why almost all the devs usually write the type of fetishes, features etc they make, if the game is vanilla/romance etc
Your patreon page is kinda short in details, you need to sell it a bit more.
Another thing is that I felt that the more detail I gave on the future of MyLK, the more it would risk spoiling what was to come.

Reactions: Abibliboop

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Another thing is that I felt that the more detail I gave on the future of MyLK, the more it would risk spoiling what was to come.
you dont need to go as far as to spoil the plot or story, and telling what type of fetishes, features etc is not really spoiling but more informing the people what to expect in the future.
when i did become patreon of some dev i like to know what can i expect of that dev, what type of game he/she will make and sometimes even what fetishes they will never add, like for example what Hopesgaming do.
It gives you a lot of reason to support that dev because you know what you are exactly supporting and what you can expect in the future.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Lots of people don't see lesbian relationships on the side as problems in games, myself included, so I wouldn't be too sure about how many people here or on his patreon would actually agree with you.
I mean, if she is in love with someone else, not the mc, I would break up with her, but as long as it is with another girl, I don't mind seeing it at all.

In general my problem with Lucy isn't if she has sex with her bestie, it's the dishonesty and the weird way she's reacting to him.
Her ex probably did something really bad to her, but if it influences her current relationship so much, then she has to explain it to the guy.
I mean, they are not just together for a week, she had months to tell him
Instead she and her Sophie together treat the MC like shit and when they are alone she turns from vulnerable gf to prickly bitch from moment to moment.
Lesbian side sex is part of a lot of games, it adds to drama without dredging up feelings of cheating for most people. Of course in real life that's another matter.
This must be the MC's first girlfriend with whom he is having sex. Otherwise who would put up with her crap when you have a hot girl living with you that wants a relationship?!
For me this game is almost as aggravating as it is fun. Try for a threesome with your girlfriend and her girlfriend, better yet just date the hot girl who likes you! And then try for a threesome with your new live in girlfriend and your former girlfriend when she inevitably wants to "try and work it out".

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Lovely game. I'm curious to see how plot advances in the future. Katelyn is so sweet, especially compared to GF who seems manipulative and cold. I'd kick Lucy out in a heartbeat and take Katelyn instead, but..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

shazdeh

Sep 3, 2017
I really enjoyed this! Writing was good, dialog was fun, the setup for mystery about Lucy is good, character models are lovely (that said, Katelyn's eyes are a bit freaky!), the story leaves you wanting more.

I want more :)

• Love

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Can't really agree with the above sentiment. Mystery about Lucy is great. But there is no establishment to the dialogue. Its obvious this is some kind of banter between them down the road a little, but it doesn't really show between the characters. The models are good, but the expressions range from apathetic to depressive even in moments of happiness or joy. even when they fight the expressions are unchanging. In the last scene of the current update they are having an intimate conversation, but without changing a single expression between either of them or Katelyn, we have a dialogue of anger with nothing visual to back it up.

Also the introduction to them establishing the relationship tries to help but we don't know why this character just for no reason approaches the girl and soon they are kissing. If I have more questions than answers, its not really helping. It could have been left out and we wouldn't been any worse off.

It tries to be witty but the model expressions just don't give us a real payoff to the wit, instead they feel like two people that don't like each other but have to be together for some reason.

Chapter 3 seems segmented to the point I started wondering whats real and what was some kind of dream sequence. Like someone ripped the pages out of the novel to keep just the juicy bits. The relationship with Katelyn is rushed. we kissed a little we watch tv together but now she wants to get married and have a family together one day? Sure some highschoolers are like that, but this is more like a 14 year old girls fantasy of her crush. As cute as she is, we've glossed over anything about her life here except what matters directly to the story. Same for every single character. They only exist in limited space as is so having some glimpse into their lives outside of the MC's view is and advantage audiences and readers have and why Novelists don't always tell everything from only one single point of view. We like being the audience member because it sucks being the MC in real life. But here it would be better to be the MC because he knows more about whats going on than we do.

Last edited:

shazdeh

Sep 3, 2017
even when they fight the expressions are unchanging. In the last scene of the current update they are having an intimate conversation, but without changing a single expression between either of them or Katelyn, we have a dialogue of anger with nothing visual to back it up.
I think this might be expecting too much. I just finished Sisterly Bliss where in the entire game there's like only three renders of the same person and a handful of backgrounds, however enjoyed the story nonetheless. What I mean is, it's fine by me if the writing carries the emotions through the text but visuals don't reflect that; having a separate render for each reaction would drastically increase the development time.

I agree on the rushed Katelyn relationship though. This happens in other VNs too and I think it's because the devs feel like if they don't provide enough fap material, the readers will lose interest. This is why Dating My Daughter worked for me even though I'm not into F/D relationships, for the first like 10 chapters nothing happens between the two. The build-up is incredibly slow, but my goodness does it work.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
I only got to this now and I like it, even though there are some problems, as was already mentioned by others.

Chapter 3 seems segmented to the point I started wondering whats real and what was some kind of dream sequence.
I got lost there too and I had to go back to make sure that I didn't miss anything. This could be easily fixed if the black screens between scenes had some narration or title, just a simple "later after school" would do.

The relationship with Katelyn is rushed. we kissed a little we watch tv together but now she wants to get married and have a family together one day?
We're missing the whole start of it. She arrives in chapter 0, then there's cut, chapter 1, jump to two months later (as said in text) and she already rests on MC while watching TV. So there's something already happening there, it's not just kiss, watch TV and let's get married, she already had two months to think about it. But maybe the very beginning is not important for the story, it's possible.

I agree on the rushed Katelyn relationship though. This happens in other VNs too and I think it's because the devs feel like if they don't provide enough fap material, the readers will lose interest.
Devs can't win with just fap material, there's too much of it everywhere else. A good story, that's a different matter. Give me something interesting, funny, relatable, trilling, dramatic, ... just some of it, not necessarily all at the same time. I used to play games with just handful of images or even no images at all and I liked them way better than many available today with tons of images and animations. Good story always wins!

One thing about the story (and it may be just my wishful thinking), it seem that mother could be the "villain", an obstacle between MC and his true love. As the sister puts it: "She didn't want her little boy to be tainted by some foreign girl's indecency", that's a good start. I'd very much like that, secrecy, sneaking around, danger of getting caught, etc. Although I'm not sure if it's going that way, after the scene where mother sees Katelyn wrapped around MC's leg and it doesn't do anything with her. ;)

Btw, I love the pillow ride, it's definitely cute. :) That said, it's not meant to contradict the "story first" argument above.

• Love
2.90 star(s) 11 Votes