VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Little Katelyn [Ch. 3] [Ellaraia]

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Yeah, if I let you dump Lucy in chapter 1, the initial release would've had 6 minutes of gameplay. So I blocked it for now.
Huh? Now I'm confused. o_O
If I want to stay with Lucy and reject Katelyn, what does that have to do with dumping Lucy? (both kissing Katelyn, the second time you can only kiss her. The option to reject her is not there yet but you mentioned you can in the next update.)

Reactions: Ellaraia

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Huh? Now I'm confused. o_O
If I want to stay with Lucy and reject Katelyn, what does that have to do with dumping Lucy? (both kissing Katelyn, the second time you can only kiss her. The option to reject her is not there yet but you mentioned you can in the next update.)
I didn't want someone playing the game for the first time to not kiss her to see what happens, and she just never speaks to you again. Both Katelyn and Lucy's relationships can be left in the next update.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
You are contradicting urself in that, cheating even if u have break up with that person is still cheating,

For example if lucy have been cheating on the mc with sophie and i break up with her it will count as cheating and it will still piss me off.
I dont mind lesbian as long the mc is involved (triangle love vn for example)
But when they do it behind the mcs back it will make me hate the game because of 2 simple reason.

1* i dont like cheaters and back stabbers
2* you force us players in a relationship just to be cheated

Now i dont think you will make that mistake based on the experience you have from previous work and the advice any patreon or member of f95 you get, atleast i hope so.

As for the tag, there is difference when it comes to rape ntr and cuckold, thats why even if that game dont have that content yet they still put the tag to warn the players of what content will have
(as someone else said that is to prevent someone that may have a bad experience or dont like that type of. Content, just think for a moment, if a girl come here and this game have rape and she had experienced a rape attemp you can guess how traumatic it can be.)
Usually they use Future tags: rape etc in the spoiler tags.

I have not yet played the update and dunno how much you have changed the text etc
I will play it later and tell you my 2cents again ;-)

Lots of people don't see lesbian relationships on the side as problems in games, myself included, so I wouldn't be too sure about how many people here or on his patreon would actually agree with you.
I mean, if she is in love with someone else, not the mc, I would break up with her, but as long as it is with another girl, I don't mind seeing it at all.

In general my problem with Lucy isn't if she has sex with her bestie, it's the dishonesty and the weird way she's reacting to him.
Her ex probably did something really bad to her, but if it influences her current relationship so much, then she has to explain it to the guy.
I mean, they are not just together for a week, she had months to tell him
Instead she and her Sophie together treat the MC like shit and when they are alone she turns from vulnerable gf to prickly bitch from moment to moment.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I want to add some sort of transition between scenes. I'm not sure how to do it though. I have a blank classroom image, so maybe show that and say briefly that you went to school. I could also make a dark bedroom image and a few others for sleeping and stuff.

Simply writing afterwards you went home and slept, might also work. ;)

Reactions: Mytez

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
I want to add some sort of transition between scenes. I'm not sure how to do it though. I have a blank classroom image, so maybe show that and say briefly that you went to school. I could also make a dark bedroom image and a few others for sleeping and stuff.
Something as simple as the title cards you have for the chapters being made for each new day would work to at least give a sense of how much time has passed in between scenes. Or just some narration text.

Reactions: Ellaraia and botc76

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
Lots of people don't see lesbian relationships on the side as problems in games, myself included, so I wouldn't be too sure about how many people here or on his patreon would actually agree with you.
I mean, if she is in love with someone else, not the mc, I would break up with her, but as long as it is with another girl, I don't mind seeing it at all.
Is she tho? With the rewrite she didn't seem interested in Sophie in that way, but I'm still of the opinion that the other wants Lucy for far more than a friendship. That, or shes overprotective of her friend. And about her cheating, I agree that it should be a female, it wouldn't make much sense for her to do it with a guy after being hurt like crazy in a past relationship, she would become similar to the kind of person that "broke" her.

Reactions: Ellaraia and botc76

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018

In general my problem with Lucy isn't if she has sex with her bestie, it's the dishonesty and the weird way she's reacting to him.
Her ex probably did something really bad to her, but if it influences her current relationship so much, then she has to explain it to the guy.
Instead she and her Sophie together treat the MC like shit and when they are alone she turns from vulnerable gf to prickly bitch from moment to moment.
You'll learn what's going on at the end of Chapter 4.

Reactions: botc76

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Something as simple as the title cards you have for the chapters being made for each new day would work to at least give a sense of how much time has passed in between scenes. Or just some narration text.
I tried it but it felt shitty. I think they were too simple. They need an image, such as the classroom, and a little more explanation than just "The next day." or whatever. I'll play around with it at some point.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
MC: Lucy, what is wrong with you, I thought we were in a relationship and you were hiding things from me. You don't trust me, it seems that way to me.

Lucy: I just can't tell you, I'm sorry.

MC: If that's your interpretation of relationship it would be best that we go our separate ways from now on, I just can't do it anymore and I really don't like this childish game anymore you play.

Lucy (Img: Lucy starts to cry)

MC: Sorry Lucy, please don't contact me again until you want to talk without hiding anything.

Bye Bye Lucy ... thats my interpretation

but even for this interpretation the MC is to stupid written :ROFLMAO:
I spent 2 years in a relationship where I hated everything about it beside who it was with. I hated how far apart we were; how little she wanted to speak to me; how we couldn't be intimate after the first year because she struggled to get a VPN to work with the new crackdown; the knowledge that if her grandmother said so, our relationship would end. I didn't think "I'll just try someone else." I loved her. I still do. So I put it with all the crappy parts. Not everyone just tries something different.

D

Deleted member 992182

I don't officially rate anything until they're complete but it's goodso far. Keep going!

• Love

stanley tucci

Apr 2, 2018
I'm not sure if the new intro was added in this most recent update or not but the little bit of history and setup works much better in my opinion. There's still a bit of an issue towards the end of the update, however. The haphazard jumping between scenes (from memory, scene of waking up next to Katelyn then suddenly in a different scene Lucy's having a pee while MC waits) is a bit jarring due to the lack of transition.
Al in all, it's pretty good so far. Keep up the good work.

• Love

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017

you never get my meaning in any post , i was saying that cheating is cheating no matter if is a girl or a guy that will never change the fact that if she is sleeping with sophia then she is cheating on the mc, it doenst matter if you dont mind that type of cheating.
And as you say its you that dont mind, i mind it if they are doing it behind the mc and im sure im not alone in this, the same can be said about you and other people dont minding that type of cheating.
We all dont have the same fetishes, taste etc

The quote isn't necessarily about what's going to be in the game, but my opinion on the topic we were discussing.

Chapter 4 will reveal what's going on with Lucy.
the way you are always dancing with words and not really giving an answer is usually what steer people the wrong way.

saying for example "Chapter 4 will reveal what's going on with Lucy" is the same as saying "I cant deny if she cheats or not, play at your own risk" and that is not a very good way to sell a game ;)

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
you never get my meaning in any post , i was saying that cheating is cheating no matter if is a girl or a guy that will never change the fact that if she is sleeping with sophia then she is cheating on the mc, it doenst matter if you dont mind that type of cheating.
And as you say its you that dont mind, i mind it if they are doing it behind the mc and im sure im not alone in this, the same can be said about you and other people dont minding that type of cheating.
We all dont have the same fetishes, taste etc

the way you are always dancing with words and not really giving an answer is usually what steer people the wrong way.

saying for example "Chapter 4 will reveal what's going on with Lucy" is the same as saying "I cant deny if she cheats or not, play at your own risk" and that is not a very good way to sell a game ;)
I have said that there isn't any cuck content, or whatever.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I should probably use those more, but I don't trust people not to just copy what I say and use them outside of spoiler tags.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I have said that there isn't any cuck content, or whatever.

I should probably use those more, but I don't trust people not to just copy what I say and use them outside of spoiler tags.
from a selling stand point you should maybe use patreon like for example what hopesgaming do, having some kind of question / answers. It will solve both that problem and it will help you for getting more patreons.
People dont like going blind and i really think it could help you, you are not a bad dev and after a year developing a game is crazy that you still not have hit atleast 100 patreons or more.

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
I'm not sure if the new intro was added in this most recent update or not but the little bit of history and setup works much better in my opinion.
It certainly helps with understanding why he isn't just fucking Kat after that first kiss. He loves Lucy, to us she's just an ungrateful bitch that treats her boyfriend like trash. But to him, she's the girl he's been wanting for god knows how much time, he's not going to just leave her because of her "not trusting" him enough to tell him what's wrong with her. Yes, he has Kat now, who seems to be head over heels in love with him, but even after all her bullshit he's still there, because she's the one he wants.

Or at least that's what I got from that couple of scenes.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
from a selling stand point you should maybe use patreon like for example what hopesgaming do, having some kind of question / answers. It will solve both that problem and it will help you for getting more patreons.
People dont like going blind and i really think it could help you, you are not a bad dev and after a year developing a game is crazy that you still not have hit atleast 100 patreons or more.
I made 2 errors that really hurt my patreon. ShF started getting more support around update 3, then I was late on an update and lost most of that progress. The a few months later I was at my peek and got very frustrated with everything and changed everything about ShF which pretty much killed it. Every aspect of my life was fucked that summer.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I made 2 errors that really hurt my patreon. ShF started getting more support around update 3, then I was late on an update and lost most of that progress. The a few months later I was at my peek and got very frustrated with everything and changed everything about ShF which pretty much killed it. Every aspect of my life was fucked that summer.
i guess, but having a patreon page with more information of what kind of games you make it does a lot for a dev, thats why almost all the devs usually write the type of fetishes, features etc they make, if the game is vanilla/romance etc
Your patreon page is kinda short in details, you need to sell it a bit more.

2.90 star(s) 11 Votes