VN Others Abandoned My Lovely Sara [v0.6] [Caizer Games]

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes

Myscho

Jun 30, 2018
Dev split the game between days 1 - 5 (v0.4) and day 6+ (v.0.5). Start a new game but you'll get questions about what you did between days 1 - 5 and you'll jump to day 6.
So basically old saves are useless

cl0ckw3rk

Jan 3, 2018
So basically old saves are useless
Correct. Your old saves have nothing to do with the current version, but it becomes clear how few choices would have had an impact on the story anyway.

When you start a new game in the current version, you're asked a few questions about your choices in the previous version. Think of it as a continuation instead of starting from scratch.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
It would be nice to add the missing QUIT function to the game, especially if it is going to run full-frame!
(at least it is missing in the Mac version)
It is REALLY annoying to have to Force Quit...

WilliamWilson

Sep 30, 2018
Just played the 0.4 and 0.5 and overall i like it.

Pros:

- Good renders.
- Sara is beautiful and doesn't look like another reskin of one of the same base models that we see in lots of renpy games.
-The story seems to follow the same basic pattern than DmD but without all the super slow pace and padding.
-Impressive animations(Honestly the best animations that i saw among the games that i played in this forum)

Cons:

- The fact the 0.5 is not integrated on the base game, forcing the player to reanswer old questions in order to keep the progress at the beggining.
- No music or enviroment sounds.
- The fact that the entire game seems to be on the .exe makes it a little heavy to load on pc(what will happen as the game gets bigger? is this why the devs chopped the game in two parts?).
- Lack of alternative girls or extra slice of life events makes the game a little too small in content and linear.

As is said, overall this game is pretty good! I'll wait a couple of updates before giving a score but if i could suggest some QoL changes:

- If possible, unpack the assets out of the .exe to a different folder so the game becomes more memory efficient.
- Merge the 0.4 and 0.5 in one game with seemless progression.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Cons:
- No music or enviroment sounds.
Sounds is a tricky one like animations. Environment sounds are easier but music is a pain because you need to buy the licensing. Plus taking the time to find the right song that you want is really time consuming. I could go on but let's just say it's easier said than done?

As is said, overall this game is pretty good! I'll wait a couple of updates before giving a score but if i could suggest some QoL changes:

- If possible, unpack the assets out of the .exe to a different folder so the game becomes more memory efficient.
- Merge the 0.4 and 0.5 in one game with seemless progression.
Realistically you're asking for a new engine :coldsweat: (Just in case you don't get that, it's very high on the list of issues that most people have with this game). I'd really love for the dev to pop in and just clarify why this engine was picked in the first place?

markeen

May 2, 2018
i love this game esp. when sara goes to MC bed like a you know, sex work is work, until IRS wants to collect your taxes...

Suknickar

Jun 1, 2018
So, I've been over the first and last 3 pages of posts, but I haven't seen what I'm looking for. (It was a quick skim, so I may have missed it)

Since Patreon decided to target games with incest, does this game have a patch or other method (unofficial or otherwise) that adds it back in?

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Since Patreon decided to target games with incest, does this game have a patch or other method (unofficial or otherwise) that adds it back in?
The game will ask you when you start playing. what's your name, what is Sera to you and what does she calls you.

Reactions: Suknickar

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Did he get a new translator or something? The first few days the translation was pretty good. It was a little wooden here and there, but over all not many mistakes. Now the translation is just terrible.

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
So, I am playing through this game right now and I'm up to the point where Sara comes to your apartment for the first time and you are making dinner.....It's interesting how sliced tomatoes become grape/cherry tomatoes after they are put into the salad....

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Could someone please tell me how to get my save from 0.3.5 to work, before I pull what little of my hair I have completely out?
I copied both tyranno save files and put them in the new directory, like I did last time and worked fine- this time it says file not found.

Any help/ideas?

Any and all info is appreciated. :)

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Could someone please tell me how to get my save from 0.3.5 to work, before I pull what little of my hair I have completely out?
I copied both tyranno save files and put them in the new directory, like I did last time and worked fine- this time it says file not found.

Any help/ideas?

Any and all info is appreciated. :)
Are you copying your saves from v0.3.5 to v0.4 or v0.5? I'm a bit rusty on the v0.3.5 to v0.4 bit though.

Reactions: Safetydummy

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Are you copying your saves from v0.3.5 to v0.4 or v0.5? I'm a bit rusty on the v0.3.5 to v0.4 bit though.
Actually, I never saw or DL'd 0.4- so it's pretty much (hopefully) 3.5 to 5.0, if that's possible. I didn't see any patches in the OP, so I just figured copying both of the save files into the new directory would work...I'm pretty sure that's what I did last time.

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Actually, I never saw or DL'd 0.4- so it's pretty much (hopefully) 3.5 to 5.0, if that's possible. I didn't see any patches in the OP, so I just figured copying both of the save files into the new directory would work...I'm pretty sure that's what I did last time.
OP normally replaces the old versions so that's why I'm rusty between v0.3.5 to v0.4 because there's an issue there.

Two things, one, your issue between v0.3.5 to v0.5 is because it's an entirely re-done code/new game in v0.5 so older saves don't work between them. Two, the real point, is that this dev split v0.4 and v0.5 as days (Days 1 - 4 is in v0.4 and days 6+ in is v0.5+) so chances are you haven't played the whole 4 days yet and it's why I asked the version question. I'd suggest getting both versions so you can finish your day 1 - 4 progress.

Also, as v0.5 is a brand new game, v0.4 saves don't work in v0.5. Don't worry when you start a new game in v0.5, it asks questions before you begin as if you had your save imported there.

EDIT: Above I mentioned v0.4 is between days 1 - 4 and v0.5+ is day 5+. It's actually days 1 - 5 for v 0.4 and day 6+ from v0.5+. Sorry.

Reactions: Safetydummy
3.60 star(s) 16 Votes