• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Others Abandoned My Lovely Sara [v0.6] [Caizer Games]

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Nope, guessing the game engine and it being in several parts put the porters off. The game is also on hold now (before it really got going), if or when it gets going again a Ren'Py remake was mentioned, that's more likely to get a android port.
@Megnold, @switchsl, @tack1xxx, @Uwe Furtmustal, @Adabelitoo, @markeen, et al,

I know it's easy to get upset about the switch in games, but tbh the best thing we My Lovely Sara fans can do is to support Caizer on his new project, as @predatorphamtom suggests. Think through what would happen if everyone bailed. Caizer might have to give up on development altogether. If that happens, any chance that MLS had to be continued — even if only slight — would probably be lost. If your frustration is worth torpedoing any possible chance for MLS in the future, keep complaining and/or abandoning the developer. If, though, you feel badly enough (like I do) that you really want MLS to have even the slimmest of chances to continue later, you might consider supporting his new project. Just a thought.

Uwe Furtmustal

Mar 16, 2018

I know it's easy to get upset about the switch in games, but tbh the best thing we My Lovely Sara fans can do is to support Caizer on his new project, as @predatorphamtom suggests. Think through what would happen if everyone bailed. Caizer might have to give up on development altogether. If that happens, any chance that MLS had to be continued — even if only slight — would probably be lost. If your frustration is worth torpedoing any possible chance for MLS in the future, keep complaining and/or abandoning the developer. If, though, you feel badly enough (like I do) that you really want MLS to have even the slimmest of chances to continue later, you might consider supporting his new project. Just a thought.
For me, I'll just wait, can't do nothing more ... his second game I really don't care, so I'll just wait ;)

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017

His second game isn't even worth supporting

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Has Caizer posted anything new about MLS? Or is everyone just assuming he dropped MLS in favor of Happy Summer?
There was on patreon back in March about the game being put on hold, the most relevant part...

"So what I'm planning to do is to put the game on hold for a while, focus on Happy Summer for some time to gain more experience and hopefully increase this pages support so that when the time comes I can hire someone to help Remaster MLS by porting it over to Ren'py, updating the renders and improving on the gameplay along with adding some new features."

There's been so many abandoned games (and on hold games changing to abandoned) recently I guess it's assuming the worst.

Reactions: ReJoe

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Why would someone voluntary choose Tyrano for his game? I don't know anythign about Tyrano, I am making a game and I instantly choose Ren'Py because everyone does it and a lot of people who choose Tyrano ends in Ren'Py anyway, what makes Tyrano good or at least an option?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
His second game isn't even worth supporting
Your choice, obviously, but if you don't keep supporting Caizer, what motivation would he ever have to come back to MLS? At least there's a chance if he feels a community is behind him. Again, your choice, but just outright dismissing HS might completely kill MLS. [shrug]

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
Your choice, obviously, but if you don't keep supporting Caizer, what motivation would he ever have to come back to MLS? At least there's a chance if he feels a community is behind him. Again, your choice, but just outright dismissing HS might completely kill MLS. [shrug]
He should have just continued with MLS, the issues he mentions aren't even that bad he just wants to remaster it

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
He should have just continued with MLS, the issues he mentions aren't even that bad he just wants to remaster it
I don't disagree. I'm just saying you should ask yourself if your frustration over this is worth possibly increasing the chances of complete abandonment of MLS. Only you can make that call, but I personally would rather encourage him so he's more motivated to come back to this game. I've made my point / suggestion; I'm done talking about this.

ReJoe

Jun 7, 2017
Doesn't "On Hold" basically mean "Abandoned" but I might come back to it? If the game/VN you're supporting On Hold, shouldn't your Patroen account be "ON Hold" also?

If you continue to support this behavior doesn't it just encourage it? 'I'm bored... I'll start a new game". IMHO the most successful Devs are the one that are most prolific and dependable.

There's an old saying "Dance with the one that brought you". My lovely Sara is the one that brought @Caizer success. He should stick with it.

Just my two cents.

Viking84

Mar 24, 2018
This message is for the developer. I'm not sure if you'll even read this because it seems like you don't listen to your fans. We're all saying the same thing. So, here goes:

Please, please, please start creating MLS again. It was much better than your new game and really didn't have anything wrong with it. Idk why you put it on hold. There was no need. All of your fans want you to finish MLS instead of working on Happy Summer. You're skills in creating MLS were great. You say you need to work on your developing skills, so you started a new game. There is no need. You did a great job with MLS so far. Please continue. We know it'll be great!

Lammehand

Aug 13, 2017
I'm not really sure what his idea is to get more patrons but it for sure wont be abondoning or putting on hold your best game.
It was fun to play so far, but i guess its just another greedy example...milk patrons a bit and tell em you gonna start a new project to also put in on hold at release 0.6?
And then people urge you to support him?, wouw!

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Weeellllllll, i guess it's gonna be another game that's will be earse from my computer, it's sad, but, no end, no play from me.
I hope we don't get Sloniquised by this Dev too.

(Definition of Sloniquised: Starting a bunch of new game and NEVER finishing one.)

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Liked the game but as i see this, the Dev made the wrong choice to make the new game and put this one on hold, even when it would need to take much time without update i personaly would prefer it that that way ... jump directly on a new game isn´t the best start
Wrong choice indeed...I supported him for a short while, but now he won't see another dime from me. Happy summer doesn't even come close to this one. Sure this had some issues but jumping ship to work on another game that pales in comparison to this one is just plain stupid. Things were starting to get good imo and then he bails to work on happy summer...I'm not happy at all. I won't say that the renders are terrible but compared to this they are.....

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes