VN Others Abandoned My Lovely Sara [v0.6] [Caizer Games]

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
Damn, somehow I totally missed that when I tested it.
But, I think I have it fixed now. The videos are playing for me at least. I'll call this bugfix v0.6.1

Thanks! Caizer won't even see this I'd imagine

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
The developer is making Happy Summer right now. The patreon post about it is , but basically Sara is on indefinite hold unfortunately.
When I think about the slow pacing of Happy Summer, I just can't stop telling myself how far we would have got in the relationship with Sara if the game wasn't abandonned. Such a shame :(

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
it is abandoned, the dev is just telling a lie because he knows people will get upset.
not sure whats going on in his mind, i would definitely chose the game that is better instead of focusing on a game that is not as good. for me Happy Summer is just a waste of time. but nothing we can do about that, its dev's choice. but at least he can be honest and drop this project or share the project to the community so we can continue on it.

Reactions: HHUUKK

Minado

Aug 25, 2017
I dont think Happy Summer is a waste of time, but yes this dev seems to fear the actual sex scenes

sharing it for the community to finish it sounds like a very good idea

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
it is abandoned, the dev is just telling a lie because he knows people will get upset.
not sure whats going on in his mind, i would definitely chose the game that is better instead of focusing on a game that is not as good. for me Happy Summer is just a waste of time. but nothing we can do about that, its dev's choice. but at least he can be honest and drop this project or share the project to the community so we can continue on it.
I dont think Happy Summer is a waste of time, but yes this dev seems to fear the actual sex scenes

sharing it for the community to finish it sounds like a very good idea
I actually think Caizer is sincere in wanting My Lovely Sara to be only on hold for now. It might be naïveté on his part, or it might be just optimism, but I don't think he's intentionally being dishonest. Still, I agree that while I like Happy Summer, it isn't some kind of super-game that will suddenly make his earnings spike so he can do what he's said he plans (after hitting $1000/mo he'll hire someone to help and continue MLS).

If he really wants to make his earnings increase — as has been stated on the HS thread — he should progress the sexuality more rapidly. TBH, I think some of the stuff of recent updates (locations like the café, the library, and the beach) should have been placed in the original release of Happy Summer, while other additions (characters like Mika and Mary) should have been delayed for a later release. There seems to be too little progress with the main characters (the MC, Rosie, and possibly Lucy) right now.

Even the gaming sin of sandbox elements seems more forgivable when there is a lot of storyline progress. But only having a little progress in characters' stories isn't great, and it almost seems to exacerbate existing concerns about the gameplay and lack of content. I don't think adding at least some petting if not some kind of -job at this point is unreasonable.

I get the changeover from Tyranno as an engine to Ren'Py, but I don't understand the complete shift in playstyle and the huge slowdown in lewd content.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
trbbles and bits

You mean a few years right? As there is no way in hell that game is going to have anything at all content wise in a few months just look at it's changelog for happy summer and you'll just how little there is for each update and it's going to take more then a few months before you get anything really good. Have skipped downloading the last 3 updates as there isn't really anything there worth downloading and playing as you be done playing by the time the game fires up.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
The other one might be alright if it actually ever had any content worth downloading instead you have to wait 1 year before downloading and trying to get 1 minute worth of game time. This one was more interesting and had more content.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
it really suck. i wonder if anyone decoded the model, wish we got that daz-file so we can make a fan art thread.
Saddoggames shared it even if the game is not even completed, to let the community make far art, but its very unlikely Caizer Games would do that.

when I shared the "Unofficial Ren'Py" Caizer just deleted my post in his discord channel instead of saying thanks you for helping porting it. he has no interest of getting help, he want to do it on its own, but that will never happen. but if he decide to do it, im sure he will try too much and the result will be bad. so rip my lovely sara.

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes