Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
discord activity, today:

multitarantula1: will there be another update for mls
CaizerGames: mls is freezed
multitarantula1: so it on hold

May 13, 2018
it really suck. i wonder if anyone decoded the model, wish we got that daz-file so we can make a fan art thread.
Saddoggames shared it even if the game is not even completed, to let the community make far art, but its very unlikely Caizer Games would do that.

when I shared the "Unofficial Ren'Py" Caizer just deleted my post in his discord channel instead of saying thanks you for helping porting it. he has no interest of getting help, he want to do it on its own, but that will never happen. but if he decide to do it, im sure he will try too much and the result will be bad. so rip my lovely sara.
Yeah, dev is kind of a douche canoe. Insta-blocked me for a rule he said I broke that wasn't written down anywhere.

He should update MLS to "fuck all you paying supporters who are only here because of MLS, I want to make the meaningless, boredom laden grind of Happy Summer instead".

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Yeah, dev is kind of a douche canoe. Insta-blocked me for a rule he said I broke that wasn't written down anywhere.

He should update MLS to "fuck all you paying supporters who are only here because of MLS, I want to make the meaningless, boredom laden grind of Happy Summer instead".
Why would anyone still support him for MLS? He clearly said that MLS isn't in his mind anymore.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah, those patrons should stop supporting him at once.
what CaizerGames did was a shitty thing to do, he used the support from the people that gave money to him to work on MLS and started another project, without giving care of that at all. sure, now all those patrons should quit to show protest, but i believe we have a bunch of them believing in the resurrection of MLS and also giving the dev trust because of the good work he did with MLS.
CaizerGames showed his true colors when he started the other crappy project, he doesnt care about the people that enjoyed MLS, he avoid any kind of discussion regarding that and show no interest in working with the community to give life of MLS, in some way or another, his responses are few and what I understand from it is that: its mine, don't touch my game, i may continue on it if i want, now go away.

its pity, since i like this theme, a naive girl getting corrupted bit by bit. i wish we could create our own mod of it, but for that we need the model-files first.

Reactions: Trojaner

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
I mean, there is people still supporting GumDrop and Aorta. I'm not surpised about it happening but it shouldn't be happening.

May 13, 2018
Why would anyone still support him for MLS? He clearly said that MLS isn't in his mind anymore.
The reason MLS isn't in Caizer's mind anymore is because he doesn't realize the importance of what we in the consulting industry call "the voice of the consumer".

He doesn't realize that the popularity of STS and DFD and DMD is based on what customers want. It's a typical developer fallacy - if you build a "gee whiz that's impressive" tool/app/whatever, people will beat a path to your door and buy it.

But people buy products they like. Not products the developers like.

And if you've ever corresponded with a developer personally, I can assure you the ones that are polite, and that listen - they're the ones consumers tend to gravitate towards.

Being an "IDGAF what you think" asshat just leads a dev to sit in his room, alone, resenting the success of others and dismissing competitors as inferior/low quality/lowest common denominator sellouts.

Not that I'd be saying that about any particular developer mentioned here, in this very comment, of course. Though I'm sure the unnamed-in-this-comment devs behind STS, DFD/DH and DMD are laughing all the way to the bank.

And Caizer is no doubt getting all the financial rewards he deserves in the exact timeline he deserves it.

May 13, 2018
I didn't dig around for Caizer's quotes on MLS - but maybe if Caizer publicly dropped it then Pepé Le Pew can change the prefix on this to "Abandoned" if Caizer has indeed abandoned it. Had I known it was abandoned, I'd never have played it, and never have pledged any $.

Abandoning a popular game may be an ignorant decision, but it's hardly a morally bankrupt one.

But pretending you didn't abandon a popular game, and posting it as a split banner on top of your Patreon page so it gets equal billing with your one, current, live project? That's a dishonest one.

Some people might even say it borders on being a fraudulent misrepresentation.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The original reason he stopped working on this was so he could hire someone to port it to Renpy, thats his next goal on patreon but he is never going to reach it. He is currently at 213 patrons, which is quite surprising but he is only 40% to his goal. So, he needs to more than double his patrons. The thing is, someone already ported it to Renpy, its in this thread, so he could easily forgo that goal and just use that fan Renpy remake as a starting point.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
exactly jamdan, I posted that in his discord but he just deleted my message, and Munkey did try to talk to the dev, and also told him that he can use it however he wishes, but the dev sad he want to do it himself, reason, he want to make new renders and also make the scripts from scratch.

Caizer doesn't want free help, even if the helper is an expert. he want to work on his HS project and put MLS in a hostage situation, that seems like borderline blackmailing the people that loves MLS. give me money or u will never see MLS again.

May 13, 2018
Unless somethings been said since Caizer did actually use the term on hold.
And what length of time do you give Caizer to actually show he meant 'on hold' and not 'I want the money from people who like MLS so I don't want to say it's abandoned'?

Not to say that he's doing this. But how long does a thing stay on hold before you declare it abandoned?

6 months? 8? 10?

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I don't think his mind is really on happy summer all that much either considering how small each of these updates are at least my lovely Sara has more content per updates. If I would of been a supporter and he dumped the game I was there for I would of dumped them like a hot potato.

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
I don't think his mind is really on happy summer all that much either considering how small each of these updates are at least my lovely Sara has more content per updates. If I would of been a supporter and he dumped the game I was there for I would of dumped them like a hot potato.
Correct me if i am wrong as i am no longer pledged to either of them but it was my understanding that caizer was working with ptolymy and one other game dev. Back when i was pledged to caizer and ptolymy he stated he was working more on ptolomy and the other guys games than his own as A. he needed to learn and B. he needed extra cash as game was not profitable .
Has that situation now changed? Because i swear i saw him mentioned in ptolomys recent releae and swear ptolomy is mentioned in happy summer aswell.
I do agree updates are far too small and despite the other 2 members of the trio offering help he has only accepted limited help from them up until i dropped him atleast. Its a strange arrangement tbh

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes