VN Others Abandoned My Lovely Sara [v0.6] [Caizer Games]

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Wrong choice indeed...I supported him for a short while, but now he won't see another dime from me. Happy summer doesn't even come close to this one. Sure this had some issues but jumping ship to work on another game that pales in comparison to this one is just plain stupid. Things were starting to get good imo and then he bails to work on happy summer...I'm not happy at all. I won't say that the renders are terrible but compared to this they are.....
I disagree with his choice to shift games, too. I'm hoping, though, that Happy Summer might be some fresh air to help him get out of "developer's block" or whatever he's had. If continued development of My Lovely Sara isn't happening now, hopefully HS will let him regain his excitement about MLS and pick it up again at some point. It may be a fool's hope, but I hold that hope nonetheless.

Reactions: mpror

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
This message is for the developer. I'm not sure if you'll even read this because it seems like you don't listen to your fans. We're all saying the same thing. So, here goes:

Please, please, please start creating MLS again. It was much better than your new game and really didn't have anything wrong with it. Idk why you put it on hold. There was no need. All of your fans want you to finish MLS instead of working on Happy Summer. You're skills in creating MLS were great. You say you need to work on your developing skills, so you started a new game. There is no need. You did a great job with MLS so far. Please continue. We know it'll be great!
Like seriously what is going on with these Devs?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
There was on patreon back in March about the game being put on hold, the most relevant part...

"So what I'm planning to do is to put the game on hold for a while, focus on Happy Summer for some time to gain more experience and hopefully increase this pages support so that when the time comes I can hire someone to help Remaster MLS by porting it over to Ren'py, updating the renders and improving on the gameplay along with adding some new features."

There's been so many abandoned games (and on hold games changing to abandoned) recently I guess it's assuming the worst.
This matches with what his Patreon goals show as well. If he reaches his goal (42% of the way to a number he doesn't specifically list), he states he'll hire someone to remake MLS and thereafter help him continue with both that game and HS. I guess we'll see, assuming he eventually hits that goal as well.

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

Munkey

Donor
May 30, 2017
MLS Renpy Remake:

So... I decided to see if I could learn to code Ren'py.

I've remade "My Lovely Sara" from Tyranobuilder into Ren'py.
This version contains all the currently released content(v0.6), and a (hopefully) improved English translation.

I only made a PC/Linux version.
I don't plan on making an Android or Mac version.

UncleVT
Can you add this to the first page?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
the original dev, if he ever continues with this game, is this unofficial renpy to be used?
if so, it could be a motivation for him.

Munkey

Donor
May 30, 2017
Nice work the Remake ... the thing what i encountered the Animations don´t work Only Black Screen ... extracted and in vlc they work perfect ... maybe you can look at that ... thx for your work
Damn, somehow I totally missed that when I tested it.
But, I think I have it fixed now. The videos are playing for me at least. I'll call this bugfix v0.6.1

HHUUKK

Feb 9, 2018
What great news that someone has not forgotten this game.. and above all thanks for the remake!

I think it would be very interesting for some dev to continue with this game. Maybe, come to a kind of agreement and continue his work. Apparently Caizer Games is basically focused on his last game and it does not seem that he will continue with MLS.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Jeancul

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
exactly, trbbles and bits.
the slow buildup up to the last chapter was a nice tease.
we where ready for some nice development and ready to see Sara in sexual situations and slowly corrupt her.
this is exactly what all devs wants to create, a teaser game that people can't wait to play.
but dev decided to create something else that is a couple of levels below this one.
maybe not in UI, maybe not in rendering quality, and not in game-engine, but surely story and characters.
damn, Sara is just left there and I don't understand why.

HHUUKK

Feb 9, 2018
Totally agree.

Everyone who has been here for a while knows more or less that they must have a game to be successful. In the case of this game, having a plot similar to DmD would have been enough, maybe things were a little faster. Go adding characters so that the MC had his ration of sex while the plot with Sara grows little by little... and go accumulating followers.

Then on the other hand, of course, the technical/artistic part, (choice of characters, game engine, format, quality of animations, etc. without forgetting Dev's expertise to make high-quality renders).

Now I just hope that someone decides to continue with this game.. give him his style, change some things, maybe some character, add others .. and bring the plot calmly .. I think falling in love with your father in 6 days is too fast, not ?

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah, it need to go slowly, we don't want it stressed. Sara need to evaluate things, and that takes time, experiment, get curious and all that. that need to be presented to us, we need to see her progress and surely it can't be made in one thought.
during that time, other characters can be presented, both male and females. males to make it challenging for the Mc. what can Mc do to not fail to protect Sara or if the choose sharing, what Mc can benefit from it. that gives the Dev options, like "Our Fate" the Dev can make different paths without that many renders, at least initially. females, of course, something we can fuck while waiting, if we choose that, all optional for the benefit of each players.
so I could see this game to be similar to DmD/Out Fate, and with just a few variations make it stand its own. even if not unique its worth it more than the new game x1000.

3.60 star(s) 16 Votes