4.10 star(s) 15 Votes

Ex-s Gundam

Aug 15, 2018
hello, is the ending C epilouge non-existent? i got a black screen for a long time after the credits... thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I don't know if it's a cultural difference of what, but the husband was nowhere as sympathetic to me as the story tries to make him out to be. So they've been married for like 6 years already and the dude is 50 something. She's unhappy, he know she's unhappy, and his answer was "hey, just hold out a few more years and we can do couple stuff!" He's asking her to accept the fact he's going to have to continue to half ass their relationship hopefully until he's 60 years old, at which point she would have been living an unfulfilling marriage for around 10 years. And that's not even accounting for possible age-related complications.

But the craziest part to me is that she's supposed to think this makes sense and she's the selfish one. Bruh, her dad gave her to his favorite corporate slave knowing damn well he doesn't have time to be a husband to her. She's lonely to the point that she explicitly says that the MC's greetings and basic common courtesy was what won her heart. Like if we're being honest here, the MC isn't an ideal option either. He's delusional, manipulative, and has a really unhealthy obsession with her. It could be an unreliable narrator thing, but as the reader, I can't help but feel sorry for her. She somehow doesn't even have friends to hang out with for fuck's sake. I feel like she doesn't actually love the MC, she loves the attention and human interaction he provides. And that will only get her so far.
I sincerely hope dudes out there don't actually identify with the MC or hubby.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bravelong

ehpot

Sep 4, 2018
Hi, how to meet the 5 daily event, as you know I am stuck at ep 5 and care to explain how to achieve it? Huge thank

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Hi, how to meet the 5 daily event, as you know I am stuck at ep 5 and care to explain how to achieve it? Huge thank
When having sex, rotate through the various positions. I went through all of them just to be on the safe side.

SagingCoffee

Jun 26, 2021
I don't know if it's a cultural difference of what, but the husband was nowhere as sympathetic to me as the story tries to make him out to be. So they've been married for like 6 years already and the dude is 50 something. She's unhappy, he know she's unhappy, and his answer was "hey, just hold out a few more years and we can do couple stuff!" He's asking her to accept the fact he's going to have to continue to half ass their relationship hopefully until he's 60 years old, at which point she would have been living an unfulfilling marriage for around 10 years. And that's not even accounting for possible age-related complications.

But the craziest part to me is that she's supposed to think this makes sense and she's the selfish one. Bruh, her dad gave her to his favorite corporate slave knowing damn well he doesn't have time to be a husband to her. She's lonely to the point that she explicitly says that the MC's greetings and basic common courtesy was what won her heart. Like if we're being honest here, the MC isn't an ideal option either. He's delusional, manipulative, and has a really unhealthy obsession with her. It could be an unreliable narrator thing, but as the reader, I can't help but feel sorry for her. She somehow doesn't even have friends to hang out with for fuck's sake. I feel like she doesn't actually love the MC, she loves the attention and human interaction he provides. And that will only get her so far.
I sincerely hope dudes out there don't actually identify with the MC or hubby.
Remember that her husband was effectively old enough to be her father too. You know how a parent often has a hard time connecting with their kids? Same deal here. There are many issues with communication stemming from a generational gap. Add that to his inherent workaholic personality, and you can see the problems compounding. Haruka isn't completely without fault here too. She has too much of a passive personality. She has to be spurned into action by other people (A fact that MC capitalizes on) and almost never speaks her mind until prodded so. This is even made more tragic when you see from the endings and Haruka's POV diaries. Because it shows that his flaws aside, her Husband was actually an accommodating and gentle guy. He gave Haruka plenty of freedom and was always open to hear her out provided that she initiate it. But the problem is, she didn't. She was dead set on the mindset of being a dutiful wife that has to support her hardworking husband. There was no place for her being a little bit more selfish in her mind. If she only spoke up and was more upfront about her needs, then her husband will most likely have accommodated her. Her Husband has a hard time understanding Haruka, but it's not like Haruka made an effort to be understood either. The failure of their relationship is the same as many failed relationships: Lack of functional communication.

On MC's case, well he's certainly not a saint either. In fact, he's probably the villain of this story. Kind of pathetic at times too. But he did good in providing all the things Haruka needed. And unlike other NTR bulls, he's practically a saint. Everything he did, he did with Haruka's explicit consent. No rape, no blackmail, no retarded hypno app. A bit on the manipulative side sure, but he always left the final decision to Haruka. And even in his rougher actions in the later parts of the story, it was made with the knowledge that Haruka lies more on the submissive end of things, and that she actually gets off on being dominated. It's a story about stealing someone's girl for fuck's sake. I'm not gonna defend the guy, but he has principle. And he does genuinely love Haruka because there's also an ending where he gets self-awareness that his actions are causing Haruka great distress, so he completely cuts ties with her. So there's the angle of whether his more selfish love for Haruka or genuine unconditional love wins out is left to the player to decide.

And regarding Haruka's lack of other friends. I think that's just a limitation of the narrative and gameplay structure. Haruka often uses the excuse of "she's out with a friend" when cheating and there's always points of the day where she's inaccessible. Similarly, we never really see much of MC's own circle of friends. But he has his classes and part time jobs, so he's presumably chummy with some classmates/coworkers. I think that it's just implicit that they have other connections with people. But all those other people aren't important to the narrative/gameplay loop. So they're just left implicit.

tl;dr A lot of NTR stories end up with the bull, cuck and girl seemingly cartoonishly evil or retarded. Or both. They're often a speedrun on who can be the biggest dumbass or living caricature. But I think why this game left a good impression on a lot of people is because of its slow burn nature and the fact that the writing makes it seem that everyone is believably flawed.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Remember that her husband was effectively old enough to be her father too. You know how a parent often has a hard time connecting with their kids? Same deal here. There are many issues with communication stemming from a generational gap. Add that to his inherent workaholic personality, and you can see the problems compounding. Haruka isn't completely without fault here too. She has too much of a passive personality. She has to be spurned into action by other people (A fact that MC capitalizes on) and almost never speaks her mind until prodded so. This is even made more tragic when you see from the endings and Haruka's POV diaries. Because it shows that his flaws aside, her Husband was actually an accommodating and gentle guy. He gave Haruka plenty of freedom and was always open to hear her out provided that she initiate it. But the problem is, she didn't. She was dead set on the mindset of being a dutiful wife that has to support her hardworking husband. There was no place for her being a little bit more selfish in her mind. If she only spoke up and was more upfront about her needs, then her husband will most likely have accommodated her. Her Husband has a hard time understanding Haruka, but it's not like Haruka made an effort to be understood either. The failure of their relationship is the same as many failed relationships: Lack of functional communication.

On MC's case, well he's certainly not a saint either. In fact, he's probably the villain of this story. Kind of pathetic at times too. But he did good in providing all the things Haruka needed. And unlike other NTR bulls, he's practically a saint. Everything he did, he did with Haruka's explicit consent. No rape, no blackmail, no retarded hypno app. A bit on the manipulative side sure, but he always left the final decision to Haruka. And even in his rougher actions in the later parts of the story, it was made with the knowledge that Haruka lies more on the submissive end of things, and that she actually gets off on being dominated. It's a story about stealing someone's girl for fuck's sake. I'm not gonna defend the guy, but he has principle. And he does genuinely love Haruka because there's also an ending where he gets self-awareness that his actions are causing Haruka great distress, so he completely cuts ties with her. So there's the angle of whether his more selfish love for Haruka or genuine unconditional love wins out is left to the player to decide.

And regarding Haruka's lack of other friends. I think that's just a limitation of the narrative and gameplay structure. Haruka often uses the excuse of "she's out with a friend" when cheating and there's always points of the day where she's inaccessible. Similarly, we never really see much of MC's own circle of friends. But he has his classes and part time jobs, so he's presumably chummy with some classmates/coworkers. I think that it's just implicit that they have other connections with people. But all those other people aren't important to the narrative/gameplay loop. So they're just left implicit.

tl;dr A lot of NTR stories end up with the bull, cuck and girl seemingly cartoonishly evil or retarded. Or both. They're often a speedrun on who can be the biggest dumbass or living caricature. But I think why this game left a good impression on a lot of people is because of its slow burn nature and the fact that the writing makes it seem that everyone is believably flawed.
I honestly wouldn't mind more games like this with how the MC is portrayed. The stealing aspect can be fun depending on how the game handles it, but more often the MC is more like NTR Legend / NTRaholic. Having a MC who isn't a "complete" douche and seeing how both chars, depending on the ending, actually care for each other was a nice change.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017

I think Haruka's passive personality is implied to be the result of her upbringing. The fact that her father could even dictate who she married tells me that she had little say throughout her upbringing. As a sheltered person whose life was controlled by an older patriarchal figure, I would imagine that she's been conditioned to be like that. That said, no matter how lonely, her making the decision to cheat instead of actually facing the problem makes her a shitty person too.

But regardless of Haruka's inability to express her frustrations, her husband definitely is aware that he's neglecting her. He elaborated in his coworker's sad circumstances his understanding that he's making it hard for Haruka. Of course he knows she's not happy that he's constantly calling in last minute to cancel meals with her. He might not know exactly what she's thinking, but it's obvious that he's aware that her unhappiness stems from him putting his job before her. Regardless of how kind or accommodating he supposedly is, every day he chooses to put his job first and knowingly neglects her. We'll never know if he's actually a great guy because Haruka's judge of character is evidently bad. Like she thinks the MC is a great guy even though we both know he isn't.

MC is 100% the villain of the story. Like almost all of his thoughts and motivations are guided by his lust for her. There's even a point where he questions whether his feelings are guided by altruism or selfish desire. Literally the one time he sees her husband making her smile, he calls her into a public bathroom just to fuck her and assert dominance over her. Even if blackmail or whatever wasn't involved, taking advantage of someone in a vulnerable state of mind and manipulating them is still abusive and toxic. Like I get that this is a game about cucking someone else, but damn, both him and her husband are shitty partners.

Regarding their friend circles, I think it's implied that Haruka doesn't have a social life. For one thing, she hasn't used whatever equivalent of Facebook in ages. Asides from that, all she does is cook and read all day, as evidenced by her diary. She describes her everyday life as "monotonous" and is depressed over it until the MC started doing stuff with her. She buys flowers every week because she's home all day and looking at them makes her less sad.
I honestly don't know if the MC has friends or not since all he talks and thinks about is Haruka.

I also appreciate that the game actually tries to tell a story with flawed people, but damn dude, ep 6's prologue really ought to have been redone. Everything that's said and happens is so bad on so many levels, but not a single person calls it out for what it is. Like this was the moment Haruka and Hubby should have realized that they desperately need couples counseling and for MC to have realized that he needs to become the kind of man Haruka deserves. But nah, both decide what they're doing is fine as long as it's in the name of Their Future™.

Edit: This game makes me think about Hero Party Must Fall. Everyone's a flawed character there too, but they own up to their own shit and personal boundaries are a big part of it.

Last edited:

SagingCoffee

Jun 26, 2021
I think Haruka's passive personality is implied to be the result of her upbringing. The fact that her father could even dictate who she married tells me that she had little say throughout her upbringing. As a sheltered person whose life was controlled by an older patriarchal figure, I would imagine that she's been conditioned to be like that. That said, her making the decision to cheat instead of actually facing the problem makes her a shitty person too.

But regardless of Haruka's inability to express her frustrations, her husband definitely is aware that he's neglecting her. He elaborated in his coworker's sad circumstances his understanding that he's making it hard for Haruka. Of course he knows she's not happy that he's constantly calling in last minute to cancel meals with her. He might not know exactly what she's thinking, but it's obvious that he's aware that her unhappiness stems from him putting his job before her. Regardless of how kind or accommodating he supposedly is, every day he chooses to put his job first and knowingly neglects her. We'll never know if he's actually a great guy because Haruka's judge of character is evidently bad. Like she thinks the MC is a great guy even though we both know he isn't.

MC is 100% the villain of the story. Like almost all of his thoughts and motivations are guided by his lust for her. There's even a point where he questions whether his feelings are guided by altruism or selfish desire. Literally the one time he sees her husband making her smile, he calls her into a public bathroom just to fuck her and assert dominance over her. Even if blackmail or whatever wasn't involved, taking advantage of someone in a vulnerable state of mind and manipulating them is still abusive and toxic. Like I get that this is a game about cucking someone else, but damn, both him and her husband are shitty partners.

Regarding their friend circles, I think it's implied that Haruka doesn't have a social life. For one thing, she hasn't used whatever equivalent of Facebook in ages. Asides from that, all she does is cook and read all day, as evidenced by her diary. She describes her everyday life as "monotonous" and is depressed over it until the MC started doing stuff with her. She buys flowers every week because she's home all day and looking at them makes her less sad.
I honestly don't know if the MC has friends or not since all he talks and thinks about is Haruka.

I also appreciate that the game actually tries to tell a story with flawed people, but damn dude, ep 6's prologue really ought to have been redone. Everything that's said and happens is so bad on so many levels, but not a single person calls it out for what it is. Like this was the moment Haruka and Hubby should have realized that they desperately need couples counseling and for MC to have realized that he needs to become the kind of man Haruka deserves. But nah, both decide what they're doing is fine as long as it's in the name of Their Future™.
I think that the point of Chapter 6's intro is to just show how twisted they've become. So it's intentionally chaotic and jarring. But how the story will ultimately resolve from the deep end they found themselves in will depend on the player.
And well, I'd argue that the "good" endings and epilogues make up for it. Because they actually fess up and face consequences for their actions. The classic NTR endings are what you'd expect from the genre with the: "Oh noes~ I still love my hubby but I love the cock of bull just as much so I'll pretend that the child of the bull is his child teehee~", so let's get those out of the way.

There's the aforementioned ending where both Haruka and MC realize they're both being terrible people and decide to permanently call off their affair and bury their feelings for each other's sake. And there are the endings where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Both Haruka and MC now have to deal with the consequences of their actions and it's a hard road ahead for them. But taking the virtues of this story (in a story about cheating lmao), they will be there for each other and will continue to love and support the other one. As we've established, it's a story about flawed people. You can honestly make an argument for how terrible (or not terrible) the three main characters are. But that's how you know you made a competently done cheating story.

Reactions: fuew12 and Dnds

ilak47

Jul 3, 2020
how do you get the different endings? im at episode 5 btw (don't care about getting spoiled)

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
I think that the point of Chapter 6's intro is to just show how twisted they've become. So it's intentionally chaotic and jarring. But how the story will ultimately resolve from the deep end they found themselves in will depend on the player.
And well, I'd argue that the "good" endings and epilogues make up for it. Because they actually fess up and face consequences for their actions. The classic NTR endings are what you'd expect from the genre with the: "Oh noes~ I still love my hubby but I love the cock of bull just as much so I'll pretend that the child of the bull is his child teehee~", so let's get those out of the way.

There's the aforementioned ending where both Haruka and MC realize they're both being terrible people and decide to permanently call off their affair and bury their feelings for each other's sake. And there are the endings where

Both Haruka and MC now have to deal with the consequences of their actions and it's a hard road ahead for them. But taking the virtues of this story (in a story about cheating lmao), they will be there for each other and will continue to love and support the other one. As we've established, it's a story about flawed people. You can honestly make an argument for how terrible (or not terrible) the three main characters are. But that's how you know you made a competently done cheating story.
I'm not defending some of the more generic NTRs, but I'm not going to ignore the parts I find jarring either.

I've seen the endings, but there's not a lot of justice involved. Sure, Haruka divorces her husband and gets branded as an unfaithful wife, but MC and her moves to a new town and shit mostly works out even though it shouldn't. And unless I'm mistaken, it is she that disowns her own father as part of her demand for divorce. As a college dropout, the MC is somehow able to support their family of 2 working reasonable hours by himself. I don't remember them being describes as being near poverty, but obviously it's a huge downgrade from what Haruka's ex was making. I've even seen the ending where Haruka breaks things off if you get her knocked up in episode 5 plus the diary version where she resolves to keep the baby somehow. In either case, we don't actually see the full extent of what actually goes down because it's all handwaived to say they lived happily ever after.

Not trying to be contentious, but I don't think people's willingness to do a character breakdown is an indication whether a work is good (or bad for that matter). If there's a genuine attempt story to be had, people will talk about it no matter if that story is good or bad. Critiques are the foundation for improving art. Even if the creator doesn't see it, the people who are inspired by them might take notice.

keny2020j

Oct 14, 2020

This is the unfortunately children education policy for girl that still practiced by some Asian & middle east country where the daughters are being told to repress their own opinion and follow what ever the parent or husband told them to do

SagingCoffee

Jun 26, 2021
I'm not defending some of the more generic NTRs, but I'm not going to ignore the parts I find jarring either.

I've seen the endings, but there's not a lot of justice involved. Sure, Haruka divorces her husband and gets branded as an unfaithful wife, but MC and her moves to a new town and shit mostly works out even though it shouldn't. And unless I'm mistaken, it is she that disowns her own father as part of her demand for divorce. As a college dropout, the MC is somehow able to support their family of 2 working reasonable hours by himself. I don't remember them being describes as being near poverty, but obviously it's a huge downgrade from what Haruka's ex was making. I've even seen the ending where Haruka breaks things off if you get her knocked up in episode 5 plus the diary version where she resolves to keep the baby somehow. In either case, we don't actually see the full extent of what actually goes down because it's all handwaived to say they lived happily ever after.

Not trying to be contentious, but I don't think people's willingness to do a character breakdown is an indication whether a work is good (or bad for that matter). If there's a genuine attempt story to be had, people will talk about it no matter if that story is good or bad. Critiques are the foundation for improving art. Even if the creator doesn't see it, the people who are inspired by them might take notice.
I mean, what justice is there to be had at this point beyond stoning and lynching the two? Slap on some legal fees to them too I guess? That would be out of character for the husband since he generally seemed like a nice guy. The worst he could've done was just completely cut off Haruka and make so that they never ever have to do anything with each other ever again, socially or financially. And that's what he seems to have done. Haruka willingly threw out her comfortable lifestyle and MC, a young adult with not much to his name, is now burdened with the struggle for providing for two. Plus, there will always be negative rumors around them due to Japan being a place where social status and history is very important. It's a fairly thorny road ahead of them, but that's already beyond the scope of the main story of the game. The important thing here is that there's a couple willing to burn themselves socially for the sake of their passionate tryst. And that's their happy ending. They've affirmed that their feelings are mutual and strong enough to go down this path. Maybe everything will burn down horribly down the line. Or maybe they will actually get a genuine happy ending. But that's no longer the story this game is trying to tell. Life goes on, for better or for worse.

The latter part of my earlier post is just praise for this game (for having enough interesting and coherent meat in it for people to actually talk about or debate things on) rather than a criticism on the act of analyzing or breaking down a piece of media regardless of it's quality, so don't get hung up that part too much.

EDIT: Oh and I think you misunderstood me hence the latter part of your post. By "terrible" I meant being objectively kinda bad people (i.e. being adulterers and unfaithful lot), not being "terrible" characters as in badly written or boring.

Last edited:

Bluecats

Aug 12, 2016
Anyone figure out how to get this to run on mac? Tried with crossover, having trouble with tyrano games

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes