HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
If I were the MC, and that happened, my reaction would be simple, that circle necklace would be ripped off
A few pages back i wrote about a ideas i have for that scene and this was one of them, giving the choice to rip of the necklace (after the talk with Becca a day earlier i assume the mc got it from Elaine) throw it to the ground and leave.
Another chance for a choice is the end of the scene would be to stop her from hugging the mc.

In the second talk with Elaine in her house the are 3 chances for a choice.
1 when she comes with the line "Can I bring you something? Another girl you can bank?" to leave and delay the talk to the next day.
2 when she give the mc the number of his father to call him, there could be a choice to take the number and leave and call him when the mc is alone.
3 again to deny her the hug at the end.

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
A few pages back i wrote about a ideas i have for that scene and this was one of them, giving the choice to rip of the necklace (after the talk with Becca a day earlier i assume the mc got it from Elaine) throw it to the ground and leave.
Another chance for a choice is the end of the scene would be to stop her from hugging the mc.
Yep, I was really unhappy that the MC hugged her. I had a great relationship with my grandparents and if we had an argument I wouldn't hug them right after, just needed some time to cool down.

Reactions: Hones

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Yep, I was really unhappy that the MC hugged her. I had a great relationship with my grandparents and if we had an argument I wouldn't hug them right after, just needed some time to cool down.
I added my ideas for the scene in Elaine house to my previous post check them out if you liked my other ideas.

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I added my ideas for the scene in Elaine house to my previous post check them out if you liked my other ideas.
I just don't see Killer7 adding in much in the way of choice. I wish we could have a say in how the MC behaves during those scenes. As a player I feel ambushed and insulted by Elaine, I don't see how the MC should even be interested in having anything to do with her at this point. But this isn't the type of game where the player has any real or meaningful choices to make, it is binary - Top response is positive/yes and bottom response is negative/no.

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
But this isn't the type of game where the player has any real or meaningful choices to make, it is binary - Top response is positive/yes and bottom response is negative/no.
We have real choices. But all of it is a nice guy choice. You can't be a prick in this game.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
my fucking mom's mother ( my so called grandma ) hated my fucking ass and well i learned to hate her as well so she fucking dead now ,, and i could give a shit care less

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Why did Elaine ask MC 'another girl to bang' when she was asking what she could get him?

Supposedly by that time she had already decided what sort of person he was. Not the thing you want to say when you are about to start explaining your actions (or lack of them)
Does she not approve of the harem (or is she jealous of what everyone has)?

Reactions: HansDampf788

Mooboy2000

Oct 18, 2017
All the hate for Elaine, for those with RL similarities, I can understand why...sort of. From a game point of view though I completely understand why she acted the way she did. Elaine has spent the last, what...how old is the MC again...years of her life having to avoid a bigoted, very violent, and hateful man while keeping an eye on her very first grandchild and not being able to interact with him at all while also watching and losing her own daughter, emotionally. Then, both of her daughters give her more grandchildren, which is great, but their fathers are fucknuts also. Great that she can intervene, but I guarantee that makes it even worse that she hasn't been able to do what she wants for the MC again.

Now said MC, who is a male, (and every male so far except for her own husband, has in some way hurt her daughters and granddaughters either physically or emotionally to the point where I'm sure she feels her own heart is about to break) has entered the scene and is now dating and having sex with all of those same children of hers...Yeah, of course she wants to make sure they are safe. She wants to make sure, this grandson that she has watched over for all those years, that she loves dearly, is not going to hurt her family the same way.

Okay sorry, being a bit long winded with my posts lately, but that's my two cents worth. I love Elaine and personally, we better damn well have a way to reconcile with her.

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020
I can at least understand a bit of the idea of forgiving Elaine, but the truth is, she is just another abuser to the MC. My mother learned her abusive behaviour from her mother, an example, we were brought over to my 'grandmother' to visit, she sat me on a chair for 4 hours straight, when I got up to go to the washroom her dog attacked and injured me, she beat me for getting off the chair. It is not my fault that I was beaten, it is never up to the victim of abuse to make things right in situations beyond their control.

Sadly this game was giving me one great vibe on an abuse survivor getting out of the hole that others kept digging for him, only to be thrown right back in that hole by someone who says that they love him, but instead use their power to heap on more abuse. I see where the woman is coming from, but that doesn't excuse her becoming that which she hates supposedly. This character is neither good, nor is she even a viable candidate for an abuse survivor to get close to.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I think Mooboy2000 described it pretty good. That's how I meant it to be played out. Not in a way that Elaine hurts MC on purpose just because she can, she wanted to provoke him to see if he is in any way like his landlord. And while the forcing to call his landlord right then and there was not the correct way, it was the only way for herself. She knows it was probably wrong to do that but she was thinking about the greater good, especially Alice. Not that I'm trying to force you to like the character, if you don't like her you don't like her, but her behavior isn't meant to be abusive in any way. Quite the opposite ( as you'll find out in 0.11 ). She meant it good, but her execution of this was wrong and bad.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
She wants to make sure, this grandson that she has watched over for all those years, that she loves dearly, is not going to hurt her family the same way.
If as you said she watched over him for all those years and she really loves him dearly then she should have chosen a different approach to in whatever way allay her fears of him turning out to be in some way similar to his father and she should already have some idea as to his character if she was "watching over him".

I can't stand that whole event a truly wish we had some way to react negatively to it by refusing her hug and calling her out on her bs or as others have suggested returning the necklace and walking out.

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
I think Mooboy2000 described it pretty good. That's how I meant it to be played out. Not in a way that Elaine hurts MC on purpose just because she can, she wanted to provoke him to see if he is in any way like his landlord. And while the forcing to call his landlord right then and there was not the correct way, it was the only way for herself. She knows it was probably wrong to do that but she was thinking about the greater good, especially Alice. Not that I'm trying to force you to like the character, if you don't like her you don't like her, but her behavior isn't meant to be abusive in any way. Quite the opposite ( as you'll find out in 0.11 ). She meant it good, but her execution of this was wrong and bad.
I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. But I can't promise that I am going to give her babies. No matter how much I would love another preggie lady walking around :HideThePain:

Reactions: Mooboy2000

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Donkey Punch coming online in 1..2..

I think for some of us who have experienced abuse, to various degrees, Elaine came as a bit of a shock. This game is very wholesome and gives us all the warm and fuzzy feeling that we need (perhaps located lower than our heart but still there as well). Seeing the MC escape the neglect, abuse, depression of his former life was symbolic of what some people have gone through in their own lives (just a wee bit). So having Elaine appear, get in the MC's face, accuse him of possibly being like these horrible abusers, while great story was also a bit alarming. It's odd that a game about a character who fucks everyone in the house and the neighborhood feels so sweet and wholesome. But it does. And I think people get very protective of those things in life that give them the warm escapism that this game imparts in them.

Perhaps I am reading too much into it all but a good game/book/movie makes us feel for the MC and want the best for them. I think that is the reaction we are seeing/having toward Elaine.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
She knows it was probably wrong to do that but she was thinking about the greater good, especially Alice.
Showing little to no care for how it effects him though *shrug*, sorry but no she just came across as cruel to me, good intentions wouldn't absolve acting like that in my eyes, If that was me I would have walked out, no way in hell would I take that not even from my grandmother.

• Angry
Reactions: ShangTsung

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Donkey Punch coming online in 1..2..

I think for some of us who have experienced abuse, to various degrees, Elaine came as a bit of a shock. This game is very wholesome and gives us all the warm and fuzzy feeling that we need (perhaps located lower than our heart but still there as well). Seeing the MC escape the neglect, abuse, depression of his former life was symbolic of what some people have gone through in their own lives (just a wee bit). So having Elaine appear, get in the MC's face, accuse him of possibly being like these horrible abusers, while great story was also a bit alarming. It's odd that a game about a character who fucks everyone in the house and the neighborhood feels so sweet and wholesome. But it does. And I think people get very protective of those things in life that give them the warm escapism that this game imparts in them.

Perhaps I am reading too much into it all but a good game/book/movie makes us feel for the MC and want the best for them. I think that is the reaction we are seeing/having toward Elaine.
Which is totally fine, that's why the focus of 0.11 will be to "Heal" those new wounds that appeared. I mean, I would not be able to write all of this if I haven't been through abusive relationships in my life, especially with parents. For me, from a story point, it made sense to go this way with Elaine. I never intended her to be a character everyone likes but for me personally her motives for watching over MC and why she didn't interfere were understandable. Now why I didn't give you the option to make a different decision there...Well, I wanted the player to feel the shock. The last time I did something like that was whern Lucy found out about you and Sandra and people thought the relationship was destroyed. I was able to fix it there though, with the story I had in mind. Now let's see if I can somehow fix the situation with Elaine as well, giving her a smaller redemption arc and including Fiona into the play. Because Fiona is more like you guys, she would have gone a different way and is pissed that she hurt Becca ( and MC, but she would never admit to that ).

Showing little to no care for how it effects him though *shrug*, sorry but no she just came across as cruel to me, good intentions wouldn't absolve acting like that in my eyes, If that was me I would have walked out, no way in hell would I take that not even from my grandmother.
You have to remember what kind of person MC has been before. He is not the kind of guy that just walks off, he wants peace for his household, especially for his landlady after all this time. So he just endured it right there, went with it to not cause any more drama and hid his real emotions inside. Those emotions came out when he talked to Maddie and to Sandra and Lucy the other day, who had very different reactions to him. That's also why Elaine didn't hug him back at Mary's place, she knew that he didn't want it. I know that a lot of players asked for an option to hug her but I didn't include that on purpose either. She has a long way of getting hugged by MC again after everything that happened.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Which is totally fine, that's why the focus of 0.11 will be to "Heal" those new wounds that appeared. I mean, I would not be able to write all of this if I haven't been through abusive relationships in my life, especially with parents. For me, from a story point, it made sense to go this way with Elaine. I never intended her to be a character everyone likes but for me personally her motives for watching over MC and why she didn't interfere were understandable. Now why I didn't give you the option to make a different decision there...Well, I wanted the player to feel the shock. The last time I did something like that was whern Lucy found out about you and Sandra and people thought the relationship was destroyed. I was able to fix it there though, with the story I had in mind. Now let's see if I can somehow fix the situation with Elaine as well, giving her a smaller redemption arc and including Fiona into the play. Because Fiona is more like you guys, she would have gone a different way and is pissed that she hurt Becca ( and MC, but she would never admit to that ).
Well, I've trusted you this far... I mean, the extremely large number of redheads in the game does help, that and my unrequited love of Megan/my inexplicable nun fetish. So I will wait and see what you do with the story.

Still going to keep the Donkey Punch on standby though

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Well, I've trusted you this far... I mean, the extremely large number of redheads in the game does help, that and my unrequited love of Megan/my inexplicable nun fetish. So I will wait and see what you do with the story.

Still going to keep the Donkey Punch on standby though
The focus of 0.11 will be something that I planned for a long while, the chapter name will give it away immediately. And it makes sense to make a chapter like this now because of how Elaine stirred things up. The household is starting to talk about the past, even the one that hurt them, and it's time we learn more about that side of the household.

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes