Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Looks good. What would be cool imho is if you had some unique animation(s) that you could play every few minutes to throw people off. No idea how much work that would be though.
Yeah less is more. A few touches here or there would really pop. Imho anyway

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: CidR

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
If the MC were to impregnate Lucy, would their baby have the same genetic features as their mother (Lucy), such as the ears and tail in this generation or would it skip a generation because it would be a recessive gene?
Well, the Tail is a more advanced version of what can actually happen to humans, the ears I'm not sure, so maybe they'll get only the tail since it has a higher probability of happening? I don't know, I'll have to look into this now.
You should really go to genetics 101 again. If these features were defined by a dominant gene (rather allele), Lucy may have only one copy of those and a child may very well have none. And recessive genes do not simply make the phenotype skip a generation, instead if the MC had one copy of the recessive gene, a child could show the phenotype. If the MC has none, it would depend on the partner of the child (and its children, and grandchildren, ...) whether the phenotype ever appeared again.
Also, there is no measure of advanced phenotypes or anything. Genes are just what they are. Dominant or recessive (or co-dominant, or incompletely dominant), that is mostly just random. Many generations of evolution are required for better phenotypes to spread over a population and even then other phenotypes may still exist.
And all of this was just the very simplified version. Phenotypes, especially complex ones as tails and ears, are not usually defined by single genes/alleles, but by a complex interaction of many of those. Also, dominance is not a trait of an allele, but rather the relation between two different alleles and an allele that is dominant to some allele may be recessive (or co-dominant, or incompletely dominant) to some different allele. tl;dr It's complicated, it really is.

Reactions: L30

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
You should really go to genetics 101 again. If these features were defined by a dominant gene (rather allele), Lucy may have only one copy of those and a child may very well have none. And recessive genes do not simply make the phenotype skip a generation, instead if the MC had one copy of the recessive gene, a child could show the phenotype. If the MC has none, it would depend on the partner of the child (and its children, and grandchildren, ...) whether the phenotype ever appeared again.
Also, there is no measure of advanced phenotypes or anything. Genes are just what they are. Dominant or recessive (or co-dominant, or incompletely dominant), that is mostly just random. Many generations of evolution are required for better phenotypes to spread over a population and even then other phenotypes may still exist.
And all of this was just the very simplified version. Phenotypes, especially complex ones as tails and ears, are not usually defined by single genes/alleles, but by a complex interaction of many of those. Also, dominance is not a trait of an allele, but rather the relation between two different alleles and an allele that is dominant to some allele may be recessive (or co-dominant, or incompletely dominant) to some different allele. tl;dr It's complicated, it really is.
Science, almost as much a head ache as maths to me. Lol. In my mind the gene that made lucy is from Becca and she pasts it on to her son and daughters (atleast lucy I hope). Thus in my mind which has pretty much zero facts to support it lucy may have some tiny little cat girls as well. My hopes are not up for scrutiny nor would they win a debate against facts. But I will hold these hopes til it happens or not.

worldofmac84

Jan 2, 2020
This is a really interesting argument (and I assure you I *really* mean it), but let's not forget we're talking about an adult VN here ;) .
I mean, if we are willing to accept the premise that a girl can be born with cat ears and a cat tail that can't be surgically removed I guess we can, let's say, circumvent the laws of genetics if the author decides that MC and Lucy's offspring will inherit their mother's traits (or have a trunk and hooves, for that matter....:unsure::D)

Reactions: Repuci

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
This is a really interesting argument (and I assure you I *really* mean it), but let's not forget we're talking about an adult VN here ;) .
I mean, if we are willing to accept the premise that a girl can be born with cat ears and a cat tail that can't be surgically removed I guess we can, let's say, circumvent the laws of genetics if the author decides that MC and Lucy's offspring will inherit their mother's traits (or have a trunk and hooves, for that matter....:unsure::D)
Sure. It wasn't me though who brought up genetics, though. I just wanted to point out that IF you discuss this from a genetics perspective (which you surely are if you bring up questions about recessive genes involved), then at least you could do it right. Apart from that, I'm fine with works of fiction being... well... fictional ;) Also, the complexities of actual genetics give more leeway for whatever K7 intends than some might recognize, i.e., should someone complain that Lucy's children should or should not have ears or tails, I gave reasons why both could be true even if you know more of the phenotypes of both Lucy' and the MC's ancestors. Though I don't think I would be pleased with trunks and hooves...

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
so your still thinking on adding this to the menu for MNF ?
it would be cool to see ....

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
so your still thinking on adding this to the menu for MNF ?
it would be cool to see ....
Oh for sure, this will be in 0.12. Only for pc users probably ( because mobile users have problems with the animations already ). I might also change the main menu overlay a bit, depending on how much time I have left :).

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Oh for sure, this will be in 0.12. Only for pc users probably ( because mobile users have problems with the animations already ). I might also change the main menu overlay a bit, depending on how much time I have left :).
urghh .. forgot to ask if it will be in your new game ... sorry i should have asked this before

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
First, I never took genetics, so thanks for the explanation, and second, my comment was more in lines off it being more common to have the genes for a tail in humans than the whole set, then by lucy obviously having it and it is more common than her other traits, plus the mc mother probably having it as well according to the game, the chances of a tail were higher than the other features, and even that was a maybe, as I said, I would have to look into it, something I hadn't finished doing yet.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Just a thought would we be able to determine the gender of the child/children we have with our harem? Whenever in games like this you get to a point where you have kids it always without fail gives me the opposite of what I wanted. For example, I would prefer having daughters with my harem in these kind of games, not sure why just a personal preference (and no it is not from a lewd point of view, but like I said just more of a unexplained preference), but most of the times that doesn't happen.

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes