Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
One sentence about a new splicing or medical treatment etc pulls me out. I don't want factual except the "feels" the interactions and choices.
This VN gets me out of reality is a feel good escape. This is totally my #1 vn and I hope that never changes

Reactions: worldofmac84

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
well truth be told ... there had to be incest in real life or how else could you explain how many people live on earth .... and why so many look similar
Yes, and that is why we have so many defects, and also why it is dangerous to continue, with time as people distanced themselves from their nuclear family they started to evolve and develop different traits after many, many generations there had been so many differences that they weren't that related anymore, basically, we are all related to each other to some extent, but with enough and that is why defects can happen in any child, but the more alike the genetic code is the higher the chances of a defect being passed down, this is kind of the simplified version of what I remember on this.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
One sentence about a new splicing or medical treatment etc pulls me out. I don't want factual except the "feels" the interactions and choices.
This VN gets me out of reality is a feel good escape. This is totally my #1 vn and I hope that never changes
and i agree , thats what these games are meant to do .. take us into a fantasy world to escape real life .. and yet people want to bring real life into them .... *scratches my head ... why ?

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
It doesn't need to be explained, just implied, "oh so and so is a geneticist now so we know all of our children will be healthy, now let's bang daddy"

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I don't want real life, just an explanation, if in this world incest doesn't create defects it probably wouldn't be taboo, all I ask is for logic.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
The fact that a genetic defect could morph into completely functional features only makes it more probable that defect happens, also, not real life but it has to have its own rules, and I don't know yet what those would be, hence the question.
I get what you're saying. But or me when it comes to this type of games I don't really think about those things. If the characters don't bring up that concern I just assume that in that world there is no risk in having children with family members.

Reactions: baddog123

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Well as I said in my way of thinking is: "If your game doesn't have an internal consistency or logic it shows me that you don't care about your world and if you don't why should I?"
*beating my head into a wall ...... ok you have played this game , right ?

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I get what you're saying. But or me when it comes to this type of games I don't really think about those things. If the characters don't bring up that concern I just assume that in that world there is no risk in having children with family members.
I understand what you mean, and normally I would agree, but my problem is, incest is treated as taboo, and the reason, normally, why it is taboo is because of said defects. I'm not really worried, as I said if the dev says it doesn't because in his universe it doesn't then that is it, and I'm all good, after all, they are literally the god of the universe they created.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I understand what you mean, and normally I would agree, but my problem is, incest is treated as taboo, and the reason, normally, why it is taboo is because of said defects. I'm not really worried, as I said if the dev says it doesn't because in his universe it doesn't then that is it, and I'm all good, after all, they are literally the god of the universe they created.
look just because a brother/sister father/daughter mother/son have sex get pregnant theres no proof that it will result in a defective child ... actually most time it does not ... don't put faith in everything you read .. or we're all dead already but don't know it yet

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
*beating my head into a wall ...... ok you have played this game , right ?
Are you trying to say that the game doesn't have an internal consistency or logic? Then i have to question if you played the game or just looked at the pictures. The Lucy case is an unknown, and I'm ok with that because the game itself said that it is an unknown in-universe, the girls falling for a stranger after being treated like shit by their parents makes sense, the Tanja break is a little over the top but it makes sense in-universe.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
You're right, things also can be taboo because of religious beliefs, for example homosexuality, it was taboo for a very long time and it doesn't really cause any harm.

Reactions: TundraLupus

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
look just because a brother/sister father/daughter mother/son have sex get pregnant theres no proof that it will result in a defective child ... actually most time it does not ... don't put faith in everything you read .. or we're all dead already but don't know it yet
I agree, and actually maybe I erased it from the first comment by mistake, but I meant if we have the third game, but in fact, it does increase the chances of a defect, I never said it was guaranteed, the creator can say that it was a miracle that from the 12 children none had defects, and I'll be ok with it.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
the game has a storyline that i think is pretty good .. you don't like it ?
I think you misunderstood me and I misunderstood you, you asked if I played the game as a response to my comment about liking the world to have internal consistency and logic, so it seemed to me that you were saying the game didn't, I disagreed and posed the question to you, then I provided examples that could be used in a counter-argument on the logic in-game and explained why they were consistent with the world and therefore logical.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
look i'm sorry but i don't know what the hell point your trying to make ... to me its senseless trying to add real life to a fantasy world game , but i do understand theres a shitload people out there that does .. good luck

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018

Here you have twelve ( 12 ) teasers for 0.12 ( how fitting, I know! ). They show small stuff from all three days, nothing too spoiler heavy just to give you an overall idea who is involved in those days ( I'm leaving out the best stuff of course ). So far the feedback for 0.12 has been even better than 0.11 and I can't wait to see your reactions to it.
But for the meantime, enjoy the teasers and I'll see you on monday for the next progress update!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 250 Votes