worldofmac84

Jan 2, 2020
Sorry for the bugs you guys are encountering, they will be fixed on friday for the public build.
One jerk leaks a prerelease, a few others download it nonetheless (myself included, I hate to admit :() and *you* are sorry for the bugs?
C'mon, Killer7, that makes me feel even worse :sick:.

FWIW I'm really sorry as well for jumping the gun on the prerelease.... I should really have known better

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
No one has to feel bad for playing it. If it's leaked I won't blame anyone of you for wanting to play it, especially because a lot of you are always excited for the next update :).
Excited, yes. Hadn't realised it was pre-release until I saw a few posts about it. Happy to wait and thanks for the game.

I personally just feel bad because the pre-release is meant for patrons only for a reason. While it is content complete it can still contain bugs etc. and I don't want this to be seen as the full product.
First I don't think you need to apologise or feel bad about the bugs. You have a reason for the pre-release, so people have to accept that.
However, I did see a couple of people jumping on XFred for letting you know about a bug they found. If people that won't use discord for reasons, do find bugs are you happy for them to be reported here?
No, I am not talking about whinging or whining, I'm talking about doing it like XFred did, "hey Killer, found this."

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Excited, yes. Hadn't realised it was pre-release until I saw a few posts about it. Happy to wait and thanks for the game.

First I don't think you need to apologise or feel bad about the bugs. You have a reason for the pre-release, so people have to accept that.
However, I did see a couple of people jumping on XFred for letting you know about a bug they found. If people that won't use discord for reasons, do find bugs are you happy for them to be reported here?
No, I am not talking about whinging or whining, I'm talking about doing it like XFred did, "hey Killer, found this."
Always happy to receive any bug reports, no matter if it's from a leaked version or not. The only difference will be that it will get fixed for the public release, I usually don't update/hotfix pre-releases ( except it's a game breaking bug that I missed while playtesting )

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
I'm going to wait on the normal release too, Killer7 is such a great developer. I certainly hope other developers take note of your work ethic.

BTW Killer7 - While I know you're busy on this atm, do you have any other game ideas in mind?
I'd love to know what else may be on the drawing board as it were ;)

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
It's sad that it got leaked but I found out who did it and blocked that person on Patreon. Sorry for the bugs you guys are encountering, they will be fixed on friday for the public build.
Kinda glad you blocked the guy. Your patreons do deserve time to enjoy.

I can wait till the public release. I kinda hope Maim Lain will also wait as well before doing their mod.

Beside I have a data limit so I'm forced to "budget" my upload/download accordingly.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I'm going to wait on the normal release too, Killer7 is such a great developer. I certainly hope other developers take note of your work ethic.

BTW Killer7 - While I know you're busy on this atm, do you have any other game ideas in mind?
I'd love to know what else may be on the drawing board as it were ;)
I'm actually working on another game already, slowly but surely. It's called My New Memories and the renders will be made in daz. I posted a few renders here and on my patreon already ( public ) if you want to check it out :).

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
I'm actually working on another game already, slowly but surely. It's called My New Memories and the renders will be made in daz. I posted a few renders here and on my patreon already ( public ) if you want to check it out :).
I love the renders, will it be similar to my new family, male protagonist etc?

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
No one has to feel bad for playing it. If it's leaked I won't blame anyone of you for wanting to play it, especially because a lot of you are always excited for the next update :).

I personally just feel bad because the pre-release is meant for patrons only for a reason. While it is content complete it can still contain bugs etc. and I don't want this to be seen as the full product.

No, that would be against f95 rules. If the game gets leaked we devs have to just accept that it got leaked. F95zone is a pirate site after all and like I said, I won't blame anyone for just wanting to play the game as soon as its out.

I guess for me personally it's different because I release for free anyway. I don't know why baasb felt the need to pledge and upload it here but since I blocked him here ( and on patreon ) I will never find out. The release on friday will contain the fixed bug for the gallery btw ( I was just able to fix it :) ).
I was planning on joining the $1 per month next month (i actually joined this month but mess it up)

But as a thank you for always having a great attitude, i will join with the $5 one tier.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Killer7

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Well I know that the early cg's are pretty bad to what you started to see after 0.6 - That's when I got more confident in my work. One of the main reasons I remade the complete first day for 0.5 was exactly that - the horrible point of view on some cg's.

View attachment 748918

I mean, look at that. What was I thinking? Is MC Hagrid? :D

This is how it looks now:

View attachment 748920
You can definitely see where you've pulled in the sense of scale. A lot of games made in Honey Select suffer from the sets feeling so empty due to the scale. Tweaking your camera definitely improves the scene.

Reactions: Killer7

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Time to play Devil's advocate....

This is a piracy site. You can't just remove links because it's leaked. That's the whole point of the site.

Sure it sucks but it comes with the territory.
Yeah, if you regularly engage with the userbase of a piracy site, you live with the prospect of piracy for the opportunity to grow your fanbase. That's kinda how the game is played.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, if you regularly engage with the userbase of a piracy site, you live with the prospect of piracy for the opportunity to grow your fanbase. That's kinda how the game is played.
Don't even need to engage. So many games I've never heard of show up from Patreon I was honestly wondering how people find them. There are so many games in the requests forums.

Jorund

Jun 10, 2018
I don't believe in a heaven, but if i could wish for one, this would be it:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Damn, i LOVE redheads!

So far this game is potentially becoming one of my all time favs.

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
Killer7 Didnt catch the pre-release tag sorry about that but regardless a wonderful update. The background added helps the story a lot, what we had before was good enough to get a feel for the story and situation but wasnt enough to fully fall into the story if you know what i mean. Now we have a deeper understanding of the back story so the main story seems much more full, as for what the lovely Sandy is holding well there is the obvious guess that I would say is too soon for, relatively speaking they take usually 7-14 days before they are useful so my guess is something more of a curve ball. I would guess it is MCs cellphone with a message from his Ex. Cannot wait for the next update, you just keep getting better and pulling us in more and more. Good Job!

wolf3020

Jun 2, 2020
Kinda glad you blocked the guy. Your patreons do deserve time to enjoy.

I can wait till the public release. I kinda hope Maim Lain will also wait as well before doing their mod.

Beside I have a data limit so I'm forced to "budget" my upload/download accordingly.
that person who got blocked on patron can make a new one and come after it again ya know

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Time to play Devil's advocate....

This is a piracy site. You can't just remove links because it's leaked. That's the whole point of the site.

Sure it sucks but it comes with the territory.
No you can't. But I think Killer7 should be able to change the version number to v0.12 Pre-release, or something.

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes