D

Deleted member 618663

There is a but because to get the second chance a person first needs to actually apologize. In this case she has to say sorry to everyone she has wronged. And actually do something to change herself. Simply being nice to a few people, who already like her anyway, means nothing. She is buttering up to MC, but does that actually mean anything? She is a manipulative person and that could just be that. She also has done nothing to apologize to Fiona or stop Mary from badmouthing Fiona. She knows Fiona has done nothing to deserve all the hate.
I'd give her a second chance, but how would she ever prove that she changed? She is a manipulator. Can she ever be trusted?
Yes She did She went to Fiona's house and Apologized to Fiona in Person or did You miss Fiona saying that.

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
So much for the ability to not forgive Elaine leading to an end of people complaining about the possibility that some people are giving her a second chance.

I'm tempted to quote VP Joe Biden regarding those who still complain after being given a clear option to steer the game they want to.

Please give it a rest. Play the path your want and allow others to play the path they want. Enough with the necro-hippo flagellation.
Don't think any of us want to steer the game anywhere Killer7 is not intending or influence any other players into going the path they don't want to go. We are just discussing our opinions of the characters. Personally I am glad that other people see the Elaine in a different way to me. Sadly I am unlike MC (and many players) and not so quick to just allow someone I see as treacherous off the hook so easily.

Last edited:

Vollezar

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Yes She did She went to Fiona's house and Apologized to Fiona in Person or did You miss Fiona saying that.
I guess I did. I am getting close to that point now so I'll be sure to keep an eye out. Thanks. I know she told Mary (and I loved that part) to back off.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
At this point I don't even know what people are arguing about :ROFLMAO:. I saw someone mention again that the mc is biased against men, because he only forgives women. The Erics never showed any remorse for bullying Lucy, the mc asks them many times too stop doing that and apologize and they refuse. The mc's father until the very end also never felt any remorse for all the shit he did, even in the letter he left for the mc he still was being a piece of shit. Tanja and Elaine enventually realize that what they did was wrong and apologize and try to become better people.

Reactions: jaydem

Noneless

Jul 27, 2017
My gamplay basically 2020 experience: sleep-breakfast-tv-sleep-repeat

Bug report: Even when I choose to ignore Sandra completely, for some reason the game show that I sleep and had sex with her.

Reactions: Vollezar
D

Deleted member 618663

I am almost ready to give granny a pass But I think she needs to apologize in front of everybody to everybody.For being a Bitch. Just my opinion take or leave it.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
My gamplay basically 2020 experience: sleep-breakfast-tv-sleep-repeat

Bug report: Even when I choose to ignore Sandra completely, for some reason the game show that I sleep and had sex with her.
Yeah this tend to happen because I sometimes forget the else flag. That's why the game ends if you didn't go for Sandra once 0.13 starts.

Noneless

Jul 27, 2017
Is really interesting how the game turns out if you dont romance Sandra.
Basically is your average everyday, for weird it sounds I will keep in that route to see how longer can the MC endure it before shoot himself.

MoreLinks

Jul 27, 2018
OCT 5, 2020 AT 12:32 PM
Progress Update | 05/10/2020

Hello there you wonderful and very cute people out in the world!
Another week, another month, another progress update!
As all of you know last week was the big launch of 0.14. I say big launch because it was the biggest update ever for My New Family so far! Your feedback has been amazing again even though I ended it with a cliffhanger - at least when you followed a certain path with Sandra! Don't worry though, as soon as you start 0.15 the cliffhanger gets revealed. I hope you can forgive me for that one. But hey, at least it's a nice cliffhanger, right?
Work on 0.15 has slowly begun, very slowly though. I think I really have to take things a bit slower now, especially because I released 0.14 in four weeks again and didn't use the extended time that I thought I would need. But so far I'm doing alright and I'm enjoying the slower pace. Sandra patrons can expect a beta sometimes this week!
And regarding 0.15 and the announcement on the public release: I will make another patreon post this week where I will explain why 0.15 is so different compared to 0.14 and what you have to do in order to continue playing like usual. Don't worry, it's very easy, promised!
As you can see I attached a few more My New Memories renders this time. When an update for My New Family is done I put a lot of time into My New Memories and those renders are part of it. Some of them are actual renders you will see ingame and some of them you will only see on pictures in the game. Not easy to spot which ones are which, I guess! Oh, and you can also see the Main Character in a few of them. Of course only parts of him for the immersion :).
And I think that's it for this week. Keep an eye out on the patreon feed regarding important informations for 0.15. The post will probably be up on wednesday.
I hope all of you wonderful people will have a nice week. See you for the next post, stay awesome! View attachment 845698 View attachment 845699 View attachment 845700 View attachment 845701 View attachment 845702 View attachment 845703
I'm really liking the look of My New Memories. Not often I've seen an adult game take place in snow and have characters wearing sweaters. Usually it's skimpy summer wear.

I dunno, I just think that might make the game stand out a bit.

D

Deleted member 618663

A friend of ours Got hit head on by another driver 5 broken vertebrae, 15 broken ribs and sternum, 2 shattered ankles. This is one tough little girl has 2 little kids they were not in the car luckily. The other driver died at the way to the hospital. Keep your Loved ones close.

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
A friend of ours Got hit head on by another driver 5 broken vertebrae, 15 broken ribs and sternum, 2 shattered ankles. This is one tough little girl has 2 little kids they were not in the car luckily. The other driver died at the way to the hospital. Keep your Loved ones close.
Sorry to hear it. God speed to all.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Huh? Based on what? That he is a man?
In that case MC has the right to hate and mistrust her because she is a woman and is most likely just going to abandon everyone. Does that make sense? Didn't think so.
If the old bag did keep an eye on him as she claims she would have known he is nothing like Martin. She would know what his life was like and what his girlfriend did. Elaine herself had a good husband, so unlike her daughters she should know there are good man out there. Her pathetic excuse of "I am just protecting my family" for treating her grandson like shit the first time she meets him is not an excuse at all. She is pathetic and unredeemable.
She just wants everyone to know that she is in control and will do whatever the hell she wants. She has not done a single thing to help her family. All she ever did was spy on her grandson, doubt and blame her daughter for "abandoning" MC, split her family by allowing Mary to constantly shove her nose where it does not belong and talk with her behind everyone else's back. She did nothing to help her granddaughter (Lucy) when the kid was tormented at school. Everyone knew Lucy was being bullied so she would have known as well. She spied on MC but she couldn't have figured out what was happening to Lucy? Bullshit.

BTW. MC will give her another chance this time. I can't forgive her, but MC is different, luckily. Still think they should just dump her in an old age home and come visit once a year, two weeks after christmas.
Yeah, no, you assumed a lot there, she has every reason to believe he is like Martin because he was fucking raised by him, like WTF, you logic just made no-sense in those two first lines, also I'll just quote another post where I explained why even though she keeped tabs on him she should not know what his personality is like:
Okay, I did say that this part of the writing bothered me though, at the end of the post you can read that, but as I said I would play devil's advocate I will actually answer this.

All of the things you said can be found through hacking, phone-records, private investigators, social media, and probably many other options for a very rich and powerful lawyer, my money is in private investigator that did all the rest, now something a PI couldn't know unless they got close to the MC, befriended them and interacted directly: Their personality, social media is not enough for someone to learn the full range of a person's personality and although observation and keeping tabs of basically everything else might be useful to trace a profile it isn't flawless and it normally needs a lot of actual contact, the PI would have been instructed to not interact directly with anyone as to not attract Martin's attention, and any other option would make direct interactions impossible, therefore, no, she couldn't know what the MC's personality is, that if the Mc actually interacted with the outside world in any significant way, I can actually start a profile of most people that I watched and interacted with in this site, it wouldn't be totally accurate, not even if I WERE a professional, but that is because they expose their views and interact activilly with the world/internet.

I don't expect anything from anyone, expecting things from people only end in disappointment, but as I said above that is the reasons why she shouldn't unless the MC had a psychologist or psychiatrist that broke confidentiality, or friends, but I'm pretty sure he didn't have those, she is most of those things she was a lawyer after all, but jokes aside that is the reason why in another post I said I didn't was 100% ok with her.
Now to address the rest of what you said: Knowing he had an average to shit life and his girlfriend cheated on him means nothing, actually being that he was raised by Martin that would make her wearier as it would mean that he had all the excuses to be like him, having a difficult life doesn't default you to a good person.

Yes she did have a good husband, but she is a cynical person, and a lawyer, she saw way more bad people then good, and Martin the father of the MC was one of those as well as the other two husbands, so genetic and everyone dictates that most likely the MC would be like Martin, hell it has taken years for me to break away from the shit my father taught me and I haven't interacted with him in more than ten years.

That is mostly your opinion so will just skip it.

Most of those points are correct, but letting Mary do whatever she wants is not something I'll count in your favor, Mary is an adult and is the only one responsible for her own actions at this stage, and about talking to her behind everyone's back, what? They do not have a responsibility to talk in front of everyone and no-one is entitled to know what they talked about.

About Lucy, I'm pretty sure Lucy herself didn't let people help her a lot, hell Fiona, if asked, could easily get Tanja expelled from what we know, but as someone that suffered bullying, we prefer to deal with it ourselves most of the time, either because schools are a joke while dealing with it or because involving parents only makes it worse, I, on the other hand, am a male and knew how to fight, so yes Lucy story is sad, but not a point against Elaine either otherwise it would be a point against everyone including Fiona.

And that is the difference between you and the MC, he has empathy and chooses to use it more often than not.

Again to clarify, I'm just playing devil's advocate because it is fun for me and I want to learn your points of view, don't take anything personally.

edit: Also I might have come out a little more aggressive then I should but so did your post, I ended up matching the energy.

Reactions: notBatman747

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Boy i'd love to see what would have happened if Elaine had tried to get the mc away from Martin i'm sure everything would have worked out great! /s

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Well, that took me a while to get all caught again. Quite the roller-coaster of emotions during this update. Looking forward to Sandra's (most likely positive) response

Killer7 I have no idea how you managed to do that much between end of 0.13 and full release of 0.14 and still released at your usual time.
As I've mentioned before, please remember to properly rest.

P.S. Zoey Raven When I use you mod I seem to have a problem with two of Lucy's replays and one of Beccas replay where the name I have for MC isn't there. The newest ones from this update are right though.

Reactions: thorin0815

Vollezar

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Yeah, no, you assumed a lot there, she has every reason to believe he is like Martin because he was fucking raised by him
So what that he was raised by him? Are you one of those people that believe that nonsense that just because someone was raised by a terrible parent they are going to be just like that parent? That's a whole lot of BS. That is assumption and one of the worst ever. If MC is to go by that rule in that case he has all the right to assume that Granny will never change based on the actual fact that Granny has been ruthless in pursuit of her goals all her life and never admitting to her mistakes. Which means her "Sorry" is meaningless.
This right here is why Elaine can't be trusted.
She calls what she did "a little mistake".

Last edited:

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
So what that he was raised by him? Are you one of those people that believe that nonsense that just because someone was raised by a terrible parent they are going to be just like that parent? That's a whole lot of BS. That is assumption and one of the worst ever. If MC is to go by that rule in that case he has all the right to assume that Granny will never change based on the actual fact that Granny has been ruthless in pursuit of her goals all her life and never admitting to her mistakes. Which means her "Sorry" is meaningless.
No you are trying to compare two completally diferent things and you just didn't fully read what I wrote, but I'll indulge you all the same, partially, there is no deniening that someone will take on personality traits of those that raised them, just look at the number of racists in the world, or the number of homophobes, or how normally people follow the religion that surrounded them on youth, these are facts, you can do some searching and find papers that talk about this, and yes people can get out of these vicious cicles, and they can be good people despite being rased by bad ones, but it is fact that normally you will do as you were taught, I suggest you do an experiment, think about your morals, now go back and search were it came from, and why you believe what you belive, I can garantee that at least some of them are because you were taught, either by a parental figure or society, but if you prefer to not acept the science behind pyschology and behaviour then that is on you. To sumarize people are a combination of nature and nurture.

Also, I explained she didn't have a way to actually know his personality I though that made it obvious that she was making assumptions, and yes and no to your second statement, that is up to you I prefer to judge people by what they did after I gave them a second chance, she has actually demonstrated to want to change, and has been, you can see that through the gameplay, you could assume she doesn't mean anything of what she has done or said, but again that is your prerrogative, if she proves to not be thruswhorphy or that she didn't mean anything of what she said then she wouldn't get a third chance from me, but as it stands she has not failed her second chance yet.

Reactions: notBatman747

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
This right here is why Elaine can't be trusted.
She calls what she did "a little mistake".
It is actually fairly common for the victims of bullies and abusers to adopt those behaviors. My uncle was bullied in school and he then bullied and abused me. I was more like MC in that I internalized it, saw the abusive messages as proof of my own flaws. I turned the abuse inward rather than inflect it upon another. Too many victims of abuse and manipulation cope by imposing their pain upon others--that's how the cycle of abuse often continues through generations.

Vollezar

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
No you are trying to compare two completally diferent things and you just didn't fully read what I wrote, but I'll indulge you all the same, partially, there is no deniening that someone will take on personality traits of those that raised them, just look at the number of racists in the world, or the number of homophobes, or how normally people follow the religion that surrounded them on youth, these are facts, you can do some searching and find papers that talk about this, and yes people can get out of these vicious cicles, and they can be good people despite being rased by bad ones, but it is fact that normally you will do as you were taught, I suggest you do an experiment, think about your morals, now go back and search were it came from, and why you believe what you belive, I can garantee that at least some of them are because you were taught, either by a parental figure or society, but if you prefer to not acept the science behind pyschology and behaviour then that is on you. To sumarize people are a combination of nature and nurture.

Also, I explained she didn't have a way to actually know his personality I though that made it obvious that she was making assumptions, and yes and no to your second statement, that is up to you I prefer to judge people by what they did after I gave them a second chance, she has actually demonstrated to want to change, and has been, you can see that through the gameplay, you could assume she doesn't mean anything of what she has done or said, but again that is your prerrogative, if she proves to not be thruswhorphy or that she didn't mean anything of what she said then she wouldn't get a third chance from me, but as it stands she has not failed her second chance yet.
Those "studies" are all bullshit. No different than that study on Vaccine-Autism relation. Sure some do turn out like their parents. But assuming that someone is like that the moment you meet them does not make you a better person.
And yes you can see someone's personality traits if you observe them over the years, specially if they don't know they are being watched.

I don't need to do an experiment. I lived it. And so did a whole lot of other people I know. My morals came completely from me and some from the people whom I looked up to. And I am hardly an exception. My brother and I are nothing like our parents neither are my cousins or either of my best friends. However I know people who came from parents who were loving and caring people. One went to prison for murder, another became a drug dealer and there is more like them.

I judge people by everything what they have done in their past and what they are doing now. It all shapes them into what is to come. But I don't change people by what their families are like. I have been judged, like MC, by people for what my parents were. Many times, before people even tried to see what I was like. And it is wrong. On every level. So what she did is not right. And never will be. Thinking the worse of someone before you even try to know them is just as bad as being Martin.

Last edited:

Noneless

Jul 27, 2017
I like how Tarja become a waifu after being humilliated and punished.
And since is the only one that I can actually date/fuck, it make it better.

Reactions: Vollezar
3.90 star(s) 250 Votes