TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Those "studies" are all bullshit. No different than that study on Vaccine-Autism relation. Sure some do turn out like their parents. But assuming that someone is like that the moment you meet them does not make you a better person.
And yes you can see someone's personality traits if you observe them over the years, specially if they don't know they are being watched.

I don't need to do an experiment. I lived it. And so did a whole lot of other people I know. My morals came completely from me and some from the people whom I looked up to. And I am hardly an exception. My brother and I are nothing like our parents neither are my cousins or either of my best friends. However I know people who came from parents who were loving and caring people. One went to prison for murder, another became a drug dealer and there is more like them.

I judge people by everything what they have done in their past and what they are doing now. It all shapes them into what is to come. But I don't change people by what their families are like.
Okay, you literally ignore peer-reviewed studies because you feel like they are not real, so I'm done on that front.

It depends, she probably hired a PI, and if the MC didn't have actual interactions with the world at a significant level, no they would not be able to, but I already explained that, hell even if he did people can fake it outside of their homes.

Yes there are, and I'm actually someone that fits on the first description, that does not change the fact that people are influenced by the world around them, good that you actually were able to get out of the vicious cycle, but not everyone can, not everyone knows they are in a cycle like that, and as I said Nature + Nurture, also, it can depend on what you consider a loving and caring, I'll not assume to know, but things are different behind closed doors, and are also received different to different minds.

Good for you, as I said after I give a second chance I judge people from that point forward, that is just a difference between our philosophies, and I don't judge people from their families either, also I never said it was ok, or a good thing, I said Elaine was justified, dumb, but justified.

And actually I'm not done with the studies, if you were right, Behaviour science wouldn't be a thing and psychology wouldn't be a thing either if you do have any evidence of your claim though please private message me because I would actually want to learn, but so far most if not all the studies I found and things I experienced prove you wrong, judging the reality of something based purely on personal experience is, in my opinion, not a smart thing to do because people have different experiences and experience things differently.

Last edited:

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Okay, you literally ignore peer-reviewed studies because you feel like they are not real, so I'm done on that front.

It depends, she probably hired a PI, and if the MC didn't have actual interactions with the world at a significant level, no they would not be able to, but I already explained that, hell even if he did people can fake it outside of their homes.

Yes there are, and I'm actually someone that fits on the first description, that does not change the fact that people are influenced by the world around them, good that you actually were able to get out of the vicious cycle, but not everyone can, not everyone knows they are in a cycle like that, and as I said Nature + Nurture, also, it can depend on what you consider a loving and caring, I'll not assume to know, but things are different behind closed doors, and are also received different to different minds.

Good for you, as I said after I give a second chance I judge people from that point forward, that is just a difference between our philosophies, and I don't judge people from their families either, also I never said it was ok, or a good thing, I said Elaine was justified, dumb, but justified.

And actually I'm not done with the studies, if you were right, Behaviour science wouldn't be a thing and psychology wouldn't be a thing either if you do have any evidence of your claim though please private message me because I would actually want to learn, but so far most if not all the studies I found and things I experienced prove you wrong, judging the reality of something based purely on personal experience is, in my opinion, not a smart thing to do because people have different experiences and experience things differently.
Yes I ignore those studies. I've been through the ringer of that "system" and I've been a part of some of their "studies". They are as full of it as it gets. People say it's a common thing for abused to become abusers, but it's only because that's the only cases we hear about. No different than what racists do. Pick a rotten apple out of a basket of yummy apples and judge the whole basket as rotten.
I know there are good and honest psychiatrists out there. I had one of them. And unlike others she did not jump on that band wagon. She got to know me before anything. She was also the only who actually tried to help me. The rest just shove my mouth full of pills and demanded to know why I am pretending to be something I am not. And I had a great psychologist who also tried to help me. She was awesome person to boot.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Yes I ignore those studies. I've been through the ringer of that "system" and I've been a part of some of their "studies". They are as full of it as it gets. People say it's a common thing for abused to become abusers, but it's only because that's the only cases we hear about. No different than what racists do. Pick a rotten apple out of a basket of yummy apples and judge the whole basket as rotten.
I know there are good and honest psychiatrists out there. I had one of them. And unlike others she did not jump on that band wagon. She got to know me before anything. She was also the only who actually tried to help me. The rest just shove my mouth full of pills and demanded to know why I am pretending to be something I am not. And I had a great psychologist who also tried to help me. She was awesome person to boot.
Again, fair, but you "Pick a rotten apple out of a basket of yummy apples and judge the whole basket as rotten." you are making judgment using only your personal experience, and as you said we hear more about the cases where it is proven right, there are lots, and I truly mean lots of people that don't become abusers, nobody denies that, or at least they shouldn't, and if a psychiatrist actually acted like you said as in not trying to understand you before the pills then they were shit at their job, but none of that changes the science behind it all, again I understand why you feel that way, and you are entitled to do so, it does not mean that what I said is wrong, just that for you it isn't justifiable, and I can accept that.

worldofmac84

Jan 2, 2020
can you guys tell me how often the game is updated?
Roughly once every month or so (though a lot of us begged Killer7 to slow his pace a little bit, just to avoid the risk of burning out). Every update contains a few days of story progression.

For Patreon supporters a beta with each new day is released every 7/10 days.

With the possible exception of NLT and The treasure of Nadia (Greenwich Royal Observatory usually sets the correct GMT time according to NLT's bi-monthly release*) I've never met a developer with such regularity and sheer size of updates.

* BTW, I'm quite sure GMT isn't set by the GRO, but that was just to give you the idea ;)

Last edited:

Asgard000

Apr 10, 2019
wow i am impressed reading the date of the first tread which was from 2019 and that the latest version was 0.14 i thought it was a slow job and with little content, I just hope the author doesn't build up too much stress

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Time for some criticism no one asked for!
I thoroughly enjoy this game, that said I figured I'd drop some thoughts I've had while playing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To start with, I know for a while there were some issues with Elaine. While I was not a fan, as of 0.14 she has gotten a bit better IMO. Despite this, some drastic changes came from her arrival. Making her appearance to be one of the more unique characters thus far. However, despite this, it does cause me to have my doubts.

The two big changes revolve around Mary and the MC, not so much for Elaine herself.

The next problem is two-fold, and I feel need to be spoken about in the same context:

The final topic:

Reactions: thorin0815

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I can tell you right away: If you want conflict, drama, or even any real antagonists then my game will probably not be for you. I will never introduce someone or something that will threaten the harem or any of the girls. I'm not into that and I don't like it. And things that I don't like can't land in the game.

You may call it boring when there is no conflict, when there is nothing that can threaten to take your girls away. Maybe it is boring, I don't know, but it is something that I personally love. I want a game that just shines with positivity. Of course you have sad moments, of course you have very sad moments and of course you have emotional moments that make you happier than before. But I want to counter every sad moment with something nice. Alice's sad past because she never had a household gets outshined by someone like Sandra, Becca and Lucy who welcome her with open arms. Fiona's bad past and the terrible things she had to endure get balanced out because MC was able to bring the emotional side of her out.

This is what I want for my games. I don't want conflict that could threaten your girls in any real manner. I don't want drama where you have to be scared that someone will take Lucy away. I don't want one of the girls to suddenly become ill and die just for the sake of drama. I want to make wholesome harem vn's that tell a emotional story ( from my point of view.) I write My New Family ( and My New Memories ) like a game I personally want to play. This is why my cliffhangers lately have always been positive. I want players to be like "Whoa...That cliffhanger. I can't wait to hear Sandra's answer." It doesn't matter if they already know in their mind what they will say, they are excited just like I am excited to write this event out.

And regarding your other concern when it comes to characters: I think I reached a point where every character in the game has his own style. You have Sandra, the perfect wife and girlfriend. You have Lucy who loves to play stupid games with her roomate. You have Alice who gets frustrated when MC takes too long to notice that she also has desires. Becca who switched from always sad and shy to very direct and taking the alpha role. I don't know, I don't want to hype myself, but I like the characters so far. I enjoy writing stuff for every character ( except Rosa maybe :D ). MC will also never drop a girl, there will always be time and room for a girl, even if I have to extend the days.

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Personally one of the things I like about this game is that there are only inter personal conflicts in the game. It is nice to have a game where everything is working out, not just poof and everything is alright but by people actually working it out by themselves. Plenty of games where there is something always stressful and IT IS exciting, but sometimes it's just nice and relaxing and feels great to play a game where people just love and care for each other and nothing will stand in a way of them doing just that. Like Erics and Tanja have learned, the hard way.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
What Killer7 and Vollezar said.

Since we are giving unasked criticism the only ones that I would have is the repetitiveness, but that is actually somewhat of a trope for the game and became part of its charm, and the fact that there are "side-characters" I get attached easily so I really don't like that concept, oh and I don't mean that in a sexual way, contrary to what my presence in this site might allude to I don't think every character in a game needs to be a part of the Harem, but yeah.

I actually debated with myself about posting this, so give me a word if I should delete it.

Reactions: Vollezar

worldofmac84

Jan 2, 2020
Super naked Spfjolietjake pancake time? :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
Ok, no offense meant, but I'd settle for Super scantily clad Spfjolietjake pancake time :LOL: :LOL:

I don't want one of the girls to suddenly become ill and die just for the sake of drama.
I'm on board 100%, but just in case you should change your mind may I suggest one of the dweebs as a reasonable candidate? :devilish:;)

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
I can tell you right away: If you want conflict, drama, or even any real antagonists then my game will probably not be for you. I will never introduce someone or something that will threaten the harem or any of the girls. I'm not into that and I don't like it. And things that I don't like can't land in the game.

You may call it boring when there is no conflict, when there is nothing that can threaten to take your girls away. Maybe it is boring, I don't know, but it is something that I personally love. I want a game that just shines with positivity. Of course you have sad moments, of course you have very sad moments and of course you have emotional moments that make you happier than before. But I want to counter every sad moment with something nice. Alice's sad past because she never had a household gets outshined by someone like Sandra, Becca and Lucy who welcome her with open arms. Fiona's bad past and the terrible things she had to endure get balanced out because MC was able to bring the emotional side of her out.

This is what I want for my games. I don't want conflict that could threaten your girls in any real manner. I don't want drama where you have to be scared that someone will take Lucy away. I don't want one of the girls to suddenly become ill and die just for the sake of drama. I want to make wholesome harem vn's that tell a emotional story ( from my point of view.) I write My New Family ( and My New Memories ) like a game I personally want to play. This is why my cliffhangers lately have always been positive. I want players to be like "Whoa...That cliffhanger. I can't wait to hear Sandra's answer." It doesn't matter if they already know in their mind what they will say, they are excited just like I am excited to write this event out.

And regarding your other concern when it comes to characters: I think I reached a point where every character in the game has his own style. You have Sandra, the perfect wife and girlfriend. You have Lucy who loves to play stupid games with her roomate. You have Alice who gets frustrated when MC takes too long to notice that she also has desires. Becca who switched from always sad and shy to very direct and taking the alpha role. I don't know, I don't want to hype myself, but I like the characters so far. I enjoy writing stuff for every character ( except Rosa maybe :D ). MC will also never drop a girl, there will always be time and room for a girl, even if I have to extend the days.
This might not mean much but honestly the internal conflicts can tear at a person and cut deeper than a physical one. A lot of these people have suffered a lot, maybe what the previous poster wanted is not an actual threat to the harem (as if any of us would want that) but possibly a challenge to overcome. Some games have this in the form of a mystery, quest, adventure, etc, something that the harem comes together to overcome or act as a team to fight against, such as a so called bad guy. Well that is just my interpretation from reading the two posts.

On a final note
I don't want drama where you have to be scared that someone will take Lucy away. I don't want one of the girls to suddenly become ill and die just for the sake of drama.
ARE YOU TRYING TO GIVE A PERSON HEART FAILURE!!! Even as an example the thought of something happening to one of my girls especially my little cat HOW CAN YOU EVEN SUGGEST A THING!?!?!

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes