Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Pizza for breakfast? Maybe after a hangover, but really?!
Man, when you're just out of college, poor as fuck and one of your friends is an assistant manager at a pizza joint, you take the "sale price" for a three-pack of larges and turn the rest into meals for the next two days. Less money for food = more money for booze.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
I have to give the Aussie's second place for beer.
I only know Foster's and if I remember right I didn't like it.
Man, when you're just out of college, poor as fuck and one of your friends is an assistant manager at a pizza joint, you take the "sale price" for a three-pack of larges and turn the rest into meals for the next two days. Less money for food = more money for booze.
That's what spaghetti or ravioli are here for. Strange, always Italian stuff. ;-)

Reactions: Kinderfeld
D

Deleted member 618663

AB bought fosters so technically it is now American swill. I remember XXXX, VB and Cascade I believe. Bundaberg?

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
We aren't only famous for the food ;) Killer will punish me but pizza > pancakes :sneaky:
Fuck yeah. Pizza is the food of foods!!! Breakfast lunch dinner if I could. :)

Moose Drool is my favorite beer. Made in Missoula, Montana

EDIT: Thanks to AceOfNiagara for correcting me

Last edited:

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I can tell you right away: If you want conflict, drama, or even any real antagonists then my game will probably not be for you. I will never introduce someone or something that will threaten the harem or any of the girls. I'm not into that and I don't like it. And things that I don't like can't land in the game.

You may call it boring when there is no conflict, when there is nothing that can threaten to take your girls away. Maybe it is boring, I don't know, but it is something that I personally love. I want a game that just shines with positivity. Of course you have sad moments, of course you have very sad moments and of course you have emotional moments that make you happier than before. But I want to counter every sad moment with something nice. Alice's sad past because she never had a household gets outshined by someone like Sandra, Becca and Lucy who welcome her with open arms. Fiona's bad past and the terrible things she had to endure get balanced out because MC was able to bring the emotional side of her out.

This is what I want for my games. I don't want conflict that could threaten your girls in any real manner. I don't want drama where you have to be scared that someone will take Lucy away. I don't want one of the girls to suddenly become ill and die just for the sake of drama. I want to make wholesome harem vn's that tell a emotional story ( from my point of view.) I write My New Family ( and My New Memories ) like a game I personally want to play. This is why my cliffhangers lately have always been positive. I want players to be like "Whoa...That cliffhanger. I can't wait to hear Sandra's answer." It doesn't matter if they already know in their mind what they will say, they are excited just like I am excited to write this event out.

And regarding your other concern when it comes to characters: I think I reached a point where every character in the game has his own style. You have Sandra, the perfect wife and girlfriend. You have Lucy who loves to play stupid games with her roomate. You have Alice who gets frustrated when MC takes too long to notice that she also has desires. Becca who switched from always sad and shy to very direct and taking the alpha role. I don't know, I don't want to hype myself, but I like the characters so far. I enjoy writing stuff for every character ( except Rosa maybe :D ). MC will also never drop a girl, there will always be time and room for a girl, even if I have to extend the days.
Well, took me some time to see your reply lol.
First of all, like I said in my original post, I am a fan of your game. I have no intention to not play your games going forward.

I also do not wish to see girls die or taken away. Nor do I want drama to just exist for the sake of drama. However conflict is useful for many reasons. For starters, how will your game end (please don't actually tell me)? Do you have a plan for this? Is it just gonna fade to black at some point, or are you just gonna say "meh, good enough". Conflict serves as a useful guide for allowing your characters and the story to grow, and eventually have an ending.

Furthermore, what is the point of several of the characters. Since the Maddie storyline ended, she hasn't shown up very often. When she does, it is just in a supporting role with other characters. A few sex scenes, to help introduce a character and move her story forward, and thats about it right? Sure she was in that scene where she asks you not to be overly angry with Mary, but honestly, she simply played a side character along with all the other family members who have also played minor roles in the Fiona v Elaine story.

Conflict, even minor conflict, serves as a glue of sorts, keeping characters grounded, alowing us (and you) to learn more about them, for them to grow, and the relationships to florish and stay fresh for everyone.

As for characters, the ones you mentioned are sound. As they are clearly meant to be main characters. Yet, what about some of the side characters? What is gonna happen with Sun? When the other girls like Diane get more spot light, and the nun, otaku, tomboy, what will happen to Sun as you start needing to spend more time on other characters? Sure you can take the incest threesom route with sun and her sister, but arent yvonne and her cousin, and Maddies workout partner and her sister also clearly heading in that direction?

For the girls the MC lives with, I feel like you would actively have to try and forget about them, but for others, mainly side characters, plus having no conflict? What future could the theoretically have?

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
First of all, like I said in my original post, I am a fan of your game. I have no intention to not play your games going forward.

I also do not wish to see girls die or taken away. Nor do I want to see any die, or drama to just exist for the sake of drama. However conflict is useful for many reasons. For starters, how will your game end (please don't actually tell me)? Do you have a plan for this? Is it just gonna fade to black at some point, or are you just gonna say "meh, good enough". Conflict serves as a useful guide for allowing your characters and the story to grow, and eventually have an ending.

Furthermore, what is the point of several of the characters. Since the Maddie storyline ended, she hasn't shown up very often. When she does, it is just in a supporting role with other characters. A few sex scenes, to help introduce a character and move her story forward, and thats about it right? Sure she was in that scene where she asks you not to be overly angry with Mary, but honestly, she simply played a side character along with all the other family members who have also played minor roles in the Fiona v Elaine story.

Conflict, even minor conflict, serves as a glue of sorts, keeping characters grounded, alowing us (and you) to learn more about them, for them to grow, and the relationships to florish and stay fresh for everyone.

As for characters, the ones you mentioned are sound. As they are clearly meant to be main characters. Yet, what about some of the side characters? What is gonna happen with Sun? When the other girls like Diane get more spot light, and the nun, otaku, tomboy, what will happen to Sun as you start needing to spend more time on other characters? Sure you can take the incest threesom route with sun and her sister, but arent yvonne and her cousin, and Maddies workout partner and her sister also clearly heading in that direction?

For the girls the MC lives with, I feel like you would actively have to try and forget about them, but for others, mainly side characters, plus having no conflict? What future could the theoretically have?
I guess future updates will show you what kind of future all of the different girls will have :).

I also don't know why you make assumptions that certain girls storylines ended. That is not true as you will see with 0.15.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I guess future updates will show you what kind of future all of the different girls will have :).

I also don't know why you make assumptions that certain girls storylines ended. That is not true as you will see with 0.15.
Well fair enough lol. All I can really do is put trust in you and wait anyway. Regardless of rather or not my worries are accurate, I thank you for taking the time out of your day to address them nontheless.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

I also do not wish to see girls die or taken away. Nor do I want drama to just exist for the sake of drama. However conflict is useful for many reasons. For starters, how will your game end (please don't actually tell me)? Do you have a plan for this? Is it just gonna fade to black at some point, or are you just gonna say "meh, good enough". Conflict serves as a useful guide for allowing your characters and the story to grow, and eventually have an ending.

I, for one don't want any of the major conflicts you suggest, the conflicts in it are more than enough imo. This vn is the most perfect vn on here in my book as is. This is my number one. I'm not alone in feeling that way and 100% think killer7 knows what he is doing.

I absolutely don't see "fixing" something that ain't broken. Just my two cents.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Two day, I was able to pull off 3.5, 4 days
Fuck yeah. Pizza is the food of foods!!! Breakfast lunch dinner if I could. :)

Moose Drool is my favorite beer. Think it's Canadian
umm, yes and Moose Droole is American from Missoula, Montana

• Red Heart
Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I, for one don't want any of the major conflicts you suggest, the conflicts in it are more than enough imo. This vn is the most perfect vn on here in my book as is. This is my number one. I'm not alone in feeling that way and 100% think killer7 knows what he is doing.

I absolutely don't see "fixing" something that ain't broken. Just my two cents.
I guess people are so used to playing games where there is always something to overcome or some kind of villain to beat, that it is kind of hard for them to imagine a game where that is not really the main focus.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Spfjolietjake
3.90 star(s) 249 Votes