BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Progress Update | 02/11/2020

Hello there you beautiful, cute and very wholesome people!

Another week, another month, another progress update!

And it feels weird to announce it like that while I wasn't able to provide a new update after four weeks...But more about that later!

Work on 0.15 is still going very well. Beta 5 is almost finished in terms of writing so Sandra patrons can expect the release this week, like usual! I think 0.15 will feature the most meaningful and impactful things we ever had in My New Family yet - And a fair warning, I will end this update on a cliffhanger. But I promise it will be a nice one, like all the last cliffhangers has been. I'm pretty sure you guys will like this one ( and hate me again a bit ). I know cliffhangers are not something a lot of you people enjoy but for me it's a very good way to make you hyped for the next update - without making you scared that something bad happens.

As you can see I also made a few more My New Memories render again. This is becoming a habit, I usually spend some time posing the characters and then just let it render while I continue my work on My New Family. So far this has been working out pretty good! I hope you guys enjoy them!

Okay, now to something more personal, I guess...

In January 2020 I started working full time on My New Family and changed my work routine in general a lot. Before January 2020, one update of MNF contained three ingame days ( and was still released on a monthly basis ). Since then I was able to release one update every month with no delays.

What this means was usually the following: In order to release two betas in one week I had to finish writing one ingame day in one or two days - that means writing 1500-2000 lines of code and dialogue in this time. And then of course, making the cgs, which is a very tiring thing to do ( but not as demanding as writing ).

And it worked out - At least that's what I thought. But after 0.14 I felt...Bad. I think that is the easiest way to say it. I pretty much had no idea on what I want to do now. I had zero clues on where I wanted to go after 0.14, no idea for any events, character progression or anything else in the game. I think this was the moment I realized how much pressure I put on myself to keep the monthly schedule with these big updates. And don't get me wrong, I love making big updates, I think if you guys had to wait for some time you deserve a lot of content.

The truth is, I never felt so bad before when it came to working on My New Family. I was on the verge of burning out and on quitting everything because I didn't want to disappoint anyone. I didn't want to let any of you guys down so it started to spirale even more on me. I couldn't work but I wanted to work - I wanted to do something but I wasn't able to do anything. This kept going for quite a few days and I thought that's it...But thank god that wasn't the case.

So I started to set this new schedule in my head. One beta each week. Six weeks for one full release. I wanted to this sooner but I always had this extreme guilt in my head that you guys would be sad or disappointed if it takes longer - if I can't provide monthly updates anymore. I started to do it anyway, I started work on 0.15 and with this schedule in mind I was able to work at a much better pace - which also lead to way better events in 0.15, according to my amazing patrons. And so far it has been like that for every single beta. They are getting better and better, with more meaningful and emotional content.

So...That's where we are standing at the moment. Beta 5 will release this week which means Pre release is next week - and public release most likely as well. I will give a exact release date once I'm done writing the script for the last day of 0.15. I just thought you guys would be interested in seeing what is on my mind.

I'm very very very VERY grateful for each and everyone of you amazing people. Everyone who told me to take it slower, everyone who was understanding and motivated me to keep this schedule - Thank you. It's because of those amazing people that I didn't burn out. That I didn't quit. And that I will continue to deliver wholesome content for all of you. I love you guys, you are the best community in the world for me. <3

View attachment 883149 View attachment 883150 View attachment 883151
thank you
Dammit you are fast.
Are you sitting on his lap when he pushes the posts out? :ROFLMAO:
that made me chuckle more than I should have :))))))

Batman187

Bʅυҽ Iʂ Tԋҽ Cσʅσυɾ, FσσƚႦαʅʅ Iʂ Tԋҽ Gαɱҽ!
Donor
Jun 19, 2020
Agree, no on the groundhog day, that's why i wanted something to forget it, so each time was like the first with no memory at all, that way it would never get boring. :ROFLMAO:
Could really do with this memory wiper right now.....On one hand I really wanna download the Beta when it's released, but on the other I really wanna wait till the actual release so I can play it in it's entirety, this is harder than any choice I've had to make in MNF by far. :ROFLMAO:

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
well tehnically it's not a spoiler since there are only 3 or 2 people at level 7 at the moment :p was more of a joke..since Little rookie is 2?or 3? can't remember
No problem, I didn't mean it seriously either. I also didn't know what level he was anymore, I'm glad if I can still remember what I did 20 minutes ago. :ROFLMAO:

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
No problem, I didn't mean it seriously either. I also didn't know what level he was anymore, I'm glad if I can still remember what I did 20 minutes ago. :ROFLMAO:
glad to hear I'm not the only one with memory problems....although I wish I had these kind of problems when I'm playing games like MNF....:(

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020

And it feels weird to announce it like that while I wasn't able to provide a new update after four weeks...But more about that later!

Work on 0.15 is still going very well. Beta 5 is almost finished in terms of writing so Sandra patrons can expect the release this week, like usual! I think 0.15 will feature the most meaningful and impactful things we ever had in My New Family yet - And a fair warning, I will end this update on a cliffhanger. But I promise it will be a nice one, like all the last cliffhangers has been. I'm pretty sure you guys will like this one ( and hate me again a bit ). I know cliffhangers are not something a lot of you people enjoy but for me it's a very good way to make you hyped for the next update - without making you scared that something bad happens.

As you can see I also made a few more My New Memories render again. This is becoming a habit, I usually spend some time posing the characters and then just let it render while I continue my work on My New Family. So far this has been working out pretty good! I hope you guys enjoy them!

In January 2020 I started working full time on My New Family and changed my work routine in general a lot. Before January 2020, one update of MNF contained three ingame days ( and was still released on a monthly basis ). Since then I was able to release one update every month with no delays.

What this means was usually the following: In order to release two betas in one week I had to finish writing one ingame day in one or two days - that means writing 1500-2000 lines of code and dialogue in this time. And then of course, making the cgs, which is a very tiring thing to do ( but not as demanding as writing ).

And it worked out - At least that's what I thought. But after 0.14 I felt...Bad. I think that is the easiest way to say it. I pretty much had no idea on what I want to do now. I had zero clues on where I wanted to go after 0.14, no idea for any events, character progression or anything else in the game. I think this was the moment I realized how much pressure I put on myself to keep the monthly schedule with these big updates. And don't get me wrong, I love making big updates, I think if you guys had to wait for some time you deserve a lot of content.

The truth is, I never felt so bad before when it came to working on My New Family. I was on the verge of burning out and on quitting everything because I didn't want to disappoint anyone. I didn't want to let any of you guys down so it started to spirale even more on me. I couldn't work but I wanted to work - I wanted to do something but I wasn't able to do anything. This kept going for quite a few days and I thought that's it...But thank god that wasn't the case.

So I started to set this new schedule in my head. One beta each week. Six weeks for one full release. I wanted to this sooner but I always had this extreme guilt in my head that you guys would be sad or disappointed if it takes longer - if I can't provide monthly updates anymore. I started to do it anyway, I started work on 0.15 and with this schedule in mind I was able to work at a much better pace - which also lead to way better events in 0.15, according to my amazing patrons. And so far it has been like that for every single beta. They are getting better and better, with more meaningful and emotional content.

So...That's where we are standing at the moment. Beta 5 will release this week which means Pre release is next week - and public release most likely as well. I will give a exact release date once I'm done writing the script for the last day of 0.15. I just thought you guys would be interested in seeing what is on my mind.

I'm very very very VERY grateful for each and everyone of you amazing people. Everyone who told me to take it slower, everyone who was understanding and motivated me to keep this schedule - Thank you. It's because of those amazing people that I didn't burn out. That I didn't quit. And that I will continue to deliver wholesome content for all of you. I love you guys, you are the best community in the world for me. <3

As far as I am concerned, you, and all Devs need to put your health first, and if some ppl don't like it oh, it better that than what you said almost happened, a dev quitting. So, Killer take your time and as long as there is a line of communication where we know you are working, and are ok physically and mentally, we'll see the next update when it's ready. :)

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Don't know if i ever thanked you for always keeping us pirates informed with your speedy reposts. It is really appreciated.

My God the new game looks stunning

Reactions: Real Deggy

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
well tehnically it's not a spoiler since there are only 3 or 2 people at level 7 at the moment :p was more of a joke..since Little rookie is 2?or 3? can't remember
4 and his name is rabbit foot now ;) ( stop weeb off-topic :KEK: )

Batman187

Bʅυҽ Iʂ Tԋҽ Cσʅσυɾ, FσσƚႦαʅʅ Iʂ Tԋҽ Gαɱҽ!
Donor
Jun 19, 2020
Hello. Can anyone help me with incest patch, please? link to mega just dont work for me (
Link worked for me, just sent you a message containing the incest patch

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Glad to see Killer7 heeded our collective advice about slowing down. Rather counter-productive doing something that one enjoys at a pace that causes burnout.

Those renders for MNM look amazing. Will be patiently waiting to play that once it's ready to grace the internet (here).

As for 0.15, will MC finally let Sandra know he would like Fiona to be Godmother? Also any thoughts if we will propose to another of the girls. I'm thinking Becca next.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Glad to see Killer7 heeded our collective advice about slowing down. Rather counter-productive doing something that one enjoys at a pace that causes burnout.

Those renders for MNM look amazing. Will be patiently waiting to play that once it's ready to grace the internet (here).

As for 0.15, will MC finally let Sandra know he would like Fiona to be Godmother? Also any thoughts if we will propose to another of the girls. I'm thinking Becca next.
I aprove this message 110%

Reactions: Batman187

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

I would love nothing more than Becca next. And I hope the Fiona godmother starts soon as well. So pretty much I like the way you think :) and now I'm excited again for the update :p

Reactions: Batman187
3.90 star(s) 249 Votes