atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
I've seen you guys talking about this... My New Memories.

Am just I'm dumb or is this a still unreleased game?

(also, if the latter i can still be dumb)

Repuci

May 1, 2017
atomicp It's Killer7 "second game" : he's working on it on the side, or when he doesn't have inspiration for My New Family

To this day, there was only a release of 2 days (out of 6 for a V0.1) for some patreons

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
Repuci, oh got it, fam!

I really felt like I missed some info somewhere down the line. I'm not the most prolific forum checker, so... Thanks for putting up with me~! ;)

Reactions: Repuci

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
I've seen you guys talking about this... My New Memories.

Am just I'm dumb or is this a still unreleased game?

(also, if the latter i can still be dumb)
Killer has made mention you can play alpha if you are in the discord there's a MnM Role you need but once you read the faq and such you will understand.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 618663

Just Got done with alpha. Killer I do not know what to say except Wow. A great start can not wait to see where it goes from here.

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
I think this new game is taking much time from the first and now there will be a break? This is sad and I feel this may be the beginning of the end. The MNF releases have been a struggle for killer its seems. The ideas might be drying up or possible the new game has his interest more. Thus this happens when you start new projects. I'd hate to see my favorite game get shelved or take a long back seat to this new game of which im not even interested in. I know many might not like this comments and jump all over this with rude comments but I love MNF and I worry for the future of it.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I think this new game is taking much time from the first and now there will be a break? This is sad and I feel this may be the beginning of the end. The MNF releases have been a struggle for killer its seems. The ideas might be drying up or possible the new game has his interest more. Thus this happens when you start new projects. I'd hate to see my favorite game get shelved or take a long back seat to this new game of which im not even interested in. I know many might not like this comments and jump all over this with rude comments but I love MNF and I worry for the future of it.
Jesus Christ, I'm usually not the kind of guy to respond like this to stuff like that but...Please stop talking out of your ass :D. There is no reason to jump to any conclusion. I said the same at the end of 2020 where I took a little break before I started work on 0.17. Did that mean the game got shelfed? No. Did that mean I'm running out of ideas? No. The fact that I might need a one week break after a release is totally fair, at least in my opinion. This doesn't mean I'm not working on anything, it just means that my work is not on the usual level.

My work on My New Memories has ZERO impact on the work I'm doing for My New Family. The only times I'm working on MNM is when I'm done with a ingame day of MNF. So usually, on the weekend. It's easier for me to write stuff for My New Memories because the game is not out yet and I don't have to keep certain things in mind. The story is still fresh and that means I can web more ideas into, something that is not that easy in My New Family since the story is already greatly developed.

Sorry if my answer comes off as rude but I really, really REALLY dislike it when people jump to conclusions like that. I'm still providing updates every six weeks that will at least give you 2 hours of gametime, no matter what. As a patron you get a update every week that will give you the newest content right away. There is zero reason to think "this is the beginning of the end." Please, stop doing that.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
um... words fail me.
What give..
How do you
Why?

All I can assume is you've not been following MNF for long and it's only recently jumped to your favourite game. Your profile indicates you've been around for a while and if you've been following MNF there is no possible way you can have that view unless you're salty that Killer has dropped from an amazing update every 4 weeks to every 6ish weeks. If so, wow.

Seriously Killer has been working on MNM for at least 6 months if not longer. In that time the only thing that has changed is a very slightly longer time between updates. Something most of us pushed Killer to do because we where worried he'd burn out. There is no other dev on this site that has delivered as much content as frequently and consistently as Killer has.

I too was very worried about the new project, concerns I voiced both publicly and privately to Killer and he's lived up to his word every single time that it won't affect MNF.

I'm just totally confused as to how anyone who genuinely loves MNF and has been following it and this thread for any length of time could possibly have that idea.

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
um... words fail me.
What give..
How do you
Why?

All I can assume is you've not been following MNF for long and it's only recently jumped to your favourite game. Your profile indicates you've been around for a while and if you've been following MNF there is no possible way you can have that view unless you're salty that Killer has dropped from an amazing update every 4 weeks to every 6ish weeks. If so, wow.

Seriously Killer has been working on MNM for at least 6 months if not longer. In that time the only thing that has changed is a very slightly longer time between updates. Something most of us pushed Killer to do because we where worried he'd burn out. There is no other dev on this site that has delivered as much content as frequently and consistently as Killer has.

I too was very worried about the new project, concerns I voiced both publicly and privately to Killer and he's lived up to his word every single time that it won't affect MNF.

I'm just totally confused as to how anyone who genuinely loves MNF and has been following it and this thread for any length of time could possibly have that idea.
So you to have voiced concern and yet jump down my throat for voicing the same concern? Um ok? I do love this game and it is my favorite. I will voice any concern I want thanks as you appear to have. (y) Look that up in my profile too.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
um... words fail me.
What give..
How do you
Why?

I, at first, thought it was some one trying to be funny tbh. Then Killer7 replied and was really nice even though he thought he might be taken as rude. Lol

Killer7 is a part of this community and Is in good standing as both a helpful dev and a contributor to fans and other devs alike. He has been forthcoming with every step that he makes and has kept his word always.

I know that some devs have used and misled fans here, but that isn't Killer7 and it's ignorant to project others bad deeds on him. I'll leave at that before I show what rude really is...

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
So you to have voiced concern and yet jump down my throat for voicing the same concern? Um ok? I do love this game and it is my favorite. I will voice any concern I want thanks as you appear to have. (y) Look that up in my profile too.
No, I didn't jump down your throat, I said I didn't understand it.

Now I will, but only a little.

Having a concern is different to what you said. You straight up said the new game is taking much time from the first and now there will be a break.

"I'm worried the new game will be a distraction."
is very different to
"The new game is a distraction and now he wants to take a break".

I hope Killer doesn't mind and I'm pretty sure he won't.
My exact words to Killer shortly after starting to support this game where
I seriously had my doubts after seeing you were working on another game, but you've blown it out the park with this update and the quality and quantity.
I could repeat that statement to him every month since then in the 5 or 6 I've been a supporter

That is completely different to your accusations that he's distracted by the new game and " The MNF releases have been a struggle for killer its seems. The ideas might be drying up or possible the new game has his interest more. Thus this happens when you start new projects. " All of which is blatantly not true. Again if you'd been following it as I said, you'd have seen Killer has repeatedly said that it won't happen.

But we are all friends here, I respect your concern just not the way it was phrased.

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
No, I didn't jump down your throat, I said I didn't understand it.

Now I will, but only a little.

Having a concern is different to what you said. You straight up said the new game is taking much time from the first and now there will be a break.

"I'm worried the new game will be a distraction."
is very different to
"The new game is a distraction and now he wants to take a break".

I hope Killer doesn't mind and I'm pretty sure he won't.
My exact words to Killer shortly after starting to support this game where

I could repeat that statement to him every month since then in the 5 or 6 I've been a supporter

That is completely different to your accusations that he's distracted by the new game and " The MNF releases have been a struggle for killer its seems. The ideas might be drying up or possible the new game has his interest more. Thus this happens when you start new projects. " All of which is blatantly not true. Again if you'd been following it as I said, you'd have seen Killer has repeatedly said that it won't happen.

But we are all friends here, I respect your concern just not the way it was phrased.
Thats fine I expected my comment to get criticism but I felt it was something worth saying. I have followed this game for very long and loved how Killer has been working hard on it. I didnt feel like I was accusing Killer of anything but voicing concern for the project. I wont bother commenting further in this forum.

• Sad
Reactions: jackkane and Naxos

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Thats fine I expected my comment to get criticism but I felt it was something worth saying. I have followed this game for very long and loved how Killer has been working hard on it. I didnt feel like I was accusing Killer of anything but voicing concern for the project. I wont bother commenting further in this forum.
Sorry If I misinturperted your post.

I wont bother commenting further in this forum.
That would be sad. :cry:

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I think no one here wants you to leave the forum Macgamer , and like I said, if my post came off as rude then I'm sorry, that was not my intent.

But I did my best to make it very, very clear in all of my progress updates that My New Memories has zero impact on the work I'm doing for My New Family. If I ever need a longer break from My New Family I would announce it before hand. And that break would probably mean more work on My New Memories, yes, but it's not looking like I have to do that in the near future. Sometimes it's just a little bit difficult to write stuff. I had this after I released 0.8, I had this after I released 0.14 and I have it now. That doesn't mean that I'm out of ideas or anything, it just means that writing is not as easy as it's used to be. And I think that's fine, My New Family will be 2 years old in 6 months, I think it's fair to assume that it becomes a bit more difficult to write things.

That being said, I do enjoy working on My New Memories. I enjoy streaming for people on picarto to show them how I make my renders and I enjoy posting said renders on patreon or on my discord. But the same goes for My New Family. I think My New Memories is going to show that I learned a lot from my work on MNF, which is to be expected after working so long on my first game. I'm not saying it will be better than MNF, I'm not the one who will decide that, but I sure as hell hope it can at least compete in some way.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Honestly, a lot of people doing creative things find it hard to work on the same project constantly. Dabbling a little in something else can help spark the creativity again. Something that he decides to include in My New Memories might inspire him for My New Family, or vise versa. That's why authors will start new book projects, or work on short stories while they're in the middle of a series. Since starting to watch this thread, I've seen nothing but praise for how Killer7 is amazing at getting his content out. I'm willing to bet having the My New Memories project only helps him.

On the other hand there are absolutely devs out there who do wind up neglecting something they started because they get distracted. I think maybe MacGamer has just been hurt before by some dev who couldn't handle balancing multiple projects, and reacted based on that.

If you're a fan of the game, you belong in the discussion if you want to be part of it. People who reacted a little harshly were probably just also reacting based on bad experiences they've had in the past on the forums.

Killer7, keep up the phenomenal work. I look forward to getting my first look at the new game, as well.

Apr 29, 2019
Sometimes it is better to take a little Break to free your mind, than running in an Endless
Loop, or make the Story Confused... So i don`t think Killer7 will stop this beautyfull Game soon, but i think , he sometimes need this Breaks to Sort out his Thinking of the Story.... Take your time Killer7, this Game is Worth waiting for it...
Sorry for my English, but i`m German... :oops::rolleyes::sneaky:(y)

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Just to keep you guys updated, the public release for 0.17 will be this sunday, the 14th! So it will be a valentines day update, I guess :D Which makes this update even better I think because it's so lewd and full of love :).

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes