Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
With tighter shots you mean closer to the characters right? I think I can do this pretty well when I start to use character sprites instead of taking pictures with characters in the actual map. But for 0.2 I will definitely try to get some more close ups! That feedback is greatly appreciated because it was something that bothered me as well a bit ( the perspective thing ).
Correct. The language of film is pretty important for VNs and the types of shot you use will have an impact on the story you're telling. For example, the script for the scenes with Sandra was great and you set the mood quite well. The problem is the audience feels so physically distant in those moments due to the use of a full shot throughout that it ends up dampening the intimacy of the moment. Rather than describing her cheeks as blushing, with a close-up or choker shot, you can show us that she's blushing.

You're telling the story mostly from a first-person perspective, so that will reduce the types of shots that would make sense for your story. But a good rule of thumb would be long/full shots to set-up locations and new scenes, medium-long shots to show full body movements of characters or interactions with their surroundings, and medium/close-up/choker shots during conversations with the closer shots used for more intimate or important discussions. These will vary based on the scene, of course.

I did a quick google search and found a decent primer on the various types of shots. Hopefully, this will get your brain cooking about different ways to set-up and render your scenes.

Last edited:

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
On an unrelated note, is Ecchi Sensei worth the 15+ hours of download?
I would recommend getting the Lightly Compressed version. The sacrifice in quality isn't very noticeable and it's probably the better option if you're looking at that sort of download time.

EDIT: Don't worry mods, we took this convo into DMs

Last edited:

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
I would recommend getting the Lightly Compressed version. The sacrifice in quality isn't very noticeable and it's probably the better option if you're looking at that sort of download time.
Can I install the Dark Minds patch on the lightly compressed version? If yes, how?
I can always go to sleep with the download running, it goes faster during the night and shit.

EDIT: Also, sorry for being here, talking about another game. This'll be the last of Ecchi Sensei y'all will hear from me here.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Correct. The language of film is pretty important for VNs and the types of shot you use will have an impact on the story you're telling. For example, the script for the scenes with Sandra was great and you set the mood quite well. The problem is the audience feels so physically distant in those moments due to the use of a full shot throughout that it ends up dampening the intimacy of the moment. Rather than describing her cheeks as blushing, with a close-up or choker shot, you can show us that she's blushing.

You're telling the story mostly from a first-person perspective, so that will reduce the types of shots that would make sense for your story. But a good rule of thumb would be long/full shots to set-up locations and new scenes, medium-long shots to show full body movements of characters or interactions with their surroundings, and medium/close-up/choker shots during conversations with the closer shots used for more intimate or important discussions. These will vary based on the scene, of course.

I did a quick google search and found a decent primer on the various types of shots. Hopefully, this will get your brain cooking about different ways to set-up and render your scenes.

Thank you for that link, I will keep that in mind for 0.2!

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
An impressive first version. The girls are good looking and are well written so far, it moves pretty fast with Sandra, but who is gonna complain?
I usually wait until I support games, to see if the dev has any staying power, but I could see me doing that, if the quality keeps up and the updates come regularly and have enough content.

Xaøs

Game Developer
May 25, 2019
Killahseven can you add hide dialogue button on android or you can make dialogue box transparent.
Unable to see half of the scenes other than that its gr8 game.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Killahseven can you add hide dialogue button on android or you can make dialogue box transparent.
Unable to see half of the scenes other than that its gr8 game.
Sure, will do that for the next release! Thanks for your feedback!

Reactions: Xaøs
Mar 27, 2019
Just one issue...haven't gotten too far into the game yet, but there's a slight problem/continuity issue. I'm on the 2nd day and just got done talking with Lucy and am getting ready to talk to the other sister. The convo is being steered to the subject of a kiss from the night previous, except that never happened. There a break in the story somewhere?

Reactions: Killer7

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Just one issue...haven't gotten too far into the game yet, but there's a slight problem/continuity issue. I'm on the 2nd day and just got done talking with Lucy and am getting ready to talk to the other sister. The convo is being steered to the subject of a kiss from the night previous, except that never happened. There a break in the story somewhere?
Oh, that's a mess-up on my part then. I probably messed up the numbers and you got a dialogue option which you should not have gotten if you don't have enough love points with Sandra. I will fix that for the next release. For now I would suggest you start from the beginning and when you get to chose something, always pick the top option. This way you get the maximum scenes at the moment ( the nice guy route I guess ). Then all of this will make more sense untill I fix it.

Reactions: yoyomistro
Mar 27, 2019
Oh, that's a mess-up on my part then. I probably messed up the numbers and you got a dialogue option which you should not have gotten if you don't have enough love points with Sandra. I will fix that for the next release. For now I would suggest you start from the beginning and when you get to chose something, always pick the top option. This way you get the maximum scenes at the moment ( the nice guy route I guess ). Then all of this will make more sense untill I fix it.
Ok...sounds good, otherwise pretty good game so far. Thx for the quick reply

ShurA-1S

Dec 18, 2018
Oh I'm not planning to get any money out of this to be honest, I'm suprised people actually pledged on Patreon. I do this for fun in my freetime and since the overall response here was so positive I got a huge boost in my morale and will put more effort into it :).
0.o ill just hope that this "for fun" thing will actualy end well, cause it will be pretty bad if this cool project [12/10 for real] will be marked as 'ABANDONED" this thing that you are doing right now, is very promising and looks very good and cute, and story is very good so far, so i hope to see even more of it in the future. And for now, [HATIKO-MODE ON, waiting for next version, do your best creator-sama!]

[And sorry for my bad english]

Reactions: A Common Crab

ShurA-1S

Dec 18, 2018
i got that issue as well, but in other thing, when you first have an option to "check her out" i choose to "not to check" and next time i choose again "not to check" and MC said that "I already checked her once, that will be enough" but i didn't do it, so this is a little bit out of place..

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
i got that issue as well, but in other thing, when you first have an option to "check her out" i choose to "not to check" and next time i choose again "not to check" and MC said that "I already checked her once, that will be enough" but i didn't do it, so this is a little bit out of place..
Thanks for the info, this will also be fixed in the next Update. And dont worry, I wont abandon this project! The Feedback so far has been amazing and I cant wait to show you guys the new Ideas I have in mind.

ShurA-1S

Dec 18, 2018
Thanks for the info, this will also be fixed in the next Update. And dont worry, I wont abandon this project! The Feedback so far has been amazing and I cant wait to show you guys the new Ideas I have in mind.
And i cant wait to see what you got, good luck with you project) Also, make a little window in your time, after you release 0.2 and create plz a fan signature)

Last edited:

Nyms

Jun 20, 2018
ok just played through this and was thinking it kinda reminded me of harem hotel ,,cue ending lol ..anyway great start will be watching this to see what happens.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Killahseven

Very good VN so far but for 1 thing. (So far 4.8 out of 5 stars from me.) :love:
The dream scenes to me should have been lesser type at first like kissing and cuddling then over time when things get hotter then the more advance sex scenes come along.

With Sandra maybe some touching in the dream scene since they did kiss that first day.

Some 3rd person view of the kissing scenes would be nice.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Killahseven

Very good VN so far but for 1 thing. (So far 4.8 out of 5 stars from me.) :love:
The dream scenes to me should have been lesser type at first like kissing and cuddling then over time when things get hotter then the more advance sex scenes come along.

With Sandra maybe some touching in the dream scene since they did kiss that first day.

Some 3rd person view of the kissing scenes would be nice.
Thanks for your feedback!

I was debating on doing 3rd person view for kissing and I might do that in 0.2, depending on how it will turn out. I'm more of a "I don't want to see MC's face but I'm fine with his body" type so I hope I can find a way to pull that off.

And i cant wait to see what you got, good luck with you project) Also, make a little window in your time, after you release 0.2 and create plz a fan signature)
I wish I was that good at photoshop but I have zero skills there. I will see what I can do though!

Last edited:
Reactions: A Common Crab
3.90 star(s) 249 Votes