Jonny Skull

Aug 7, 2017
I don't see how the mother is trash, she was put in a difficult position and made the choice she thought was best at that time, whether it was the right decision is a different matter, you could say it was the wrong call and she should have contacted the authorities which could potentially have ended in a standoff hostage situation with the father killing her son.
At that point there were two choices. One was to get her son from school and then go to the police. The other was to abandon her son so he came home from school to an alcoholic abusive man with a temper so bad he beat a man into a coma and then beat and threatened to kill his wife, but not before he promised to kill said son first. She picked the latter.

With the son being nearly thirty, its a wonder he even contacted the mom to begin with.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
At that point there were two choices. One was to get her son from school and then go to the police. The other was to abandon her son so he came home from school to an alcoholic abusive man with a temper so bad he beat a man into a coma and then beat and threatened to kill his wife, but not before he promised to kill said son first. She picked the latter.

With the son being nearly thirty, its a wonder he even contacted the mom to begin with.
I said in my post that she could have made other choices my main point was that whether you consider her choice to be the wrong one or not saying that because of her decision she is trash and therefor unforgivable is far to extreme I don't believe she is, not at all, I have never been in a position like that but if I was I have no idea what choice I would make, would I leave my child in a potentially bad situation believing that it was the best hope to keep them alive? Could I do that? I honestly have no idea, I would hope I could make the correct best possible decision but doing what she did would likely break my heart.
Yes she could have possibly tried coming back for him, she still would have had to leave him there with the father for a time (she was in immediate danger and had to leave right then and there without the son) but anyway as I said none of this would have worked give the plot of the game.

Reactions: Killer7

Jonny Skull

Aug 7, 2017
Yes she could have possibly tried coming back for him, she still would have had to leave him there with the father for a time (she was in immediate danger and had to leave right then and there without the son) but anyway as I said none of this would have worked give the plot of the game.
Well the game states the kid was in school at the time not home, so that wasn't a factor. Woman straight up left her son to a psychopath.

About it being like this to make the plot work, I 100% AGREE. Please don't think I'm trying to diss the game or the creator. I was remarking that I'd like to see these 'mother-of-the-year' type moms we see in some games to get chewed out(instead of just eaten out) by their sons once in awhile.

Reactions: HansDampf788

dcvngtn3

Nov 15, 2017
Good start, especially with 3 H scenes. They could have been longer, IMO, but they fit the game well.

I can completely understand the Mom's POV re leaving her son with her psycho husband: she needed to get away ASAP for her safety and her son's safety and she never could have known when it was safe to try to go back to get him. Perhaps she could have picked him from school on her way out, but seeing as how she had just been threatened with death by her husband her mind probably wasn't in the right place.

• Love

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Good start, especially with 3 H scenes. They could have been longer, IMO, but they fit the game well.

I can completely understand the Mom's POV re leaving her son with her psycho husband: she needed to get away ASAP for her safety and her son's safety and she never could have known when it was safe to try to go back to get him. Perhaps she could have picked him from school on her way out, but seeing as how she had just been threatened with death by her husband her mind probably wasn't in the right place.
Thank your for your feedback! I'm glad you understand the mothers perspective. For the 0.2 Update I plan to implement more animations with more variety in it. I'm still learning all this animation stuff but I can't wait to share what I have in mind!

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Thank your for your feedback! I'm glad you understand the mothers perspective. For the 0.2 Update I plan to implement more animations with more variety in it. I'm still learning all this animation stuff but I can't wait to share what I have in mind!
Just a question based around this somewhat.
In .1 there was almost no gain from not forgiving the new family is there a route planned around being frigid or is it just going to mostly occur only if you're nice to the new family ?

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Just a question based around this somewhat.
In .1 there was almost no gain from not forgiving the new family is there a route planned around being frigid or is it just going to mostly occur only if you're nice to the new family ?
Currently I'm putting the most focus into the "love route" of the game. I definitely plan on doing alternative routes though so that you don't have to play the nice guy to get all the scenes. For the moment this is the way to go though if you really want to enjoy everything.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Currently I'm putting the most focus into the "love route" of the game. I definitely plan on doing alternative routes though so that you don't have to play the nice guy to get all the scenes. For the moment this is the way to go though if you really want to enjoy everything.
Cool nice to know that there's going to be an option down the line to play a more nuanced or just by being frigid.
Obviously take your time and do what you want to do when you see fit.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Anyone else super into the cousin???
Me! She is my 2nd favorite character after Sandra. But Sandra might just be my favorite because she was the first character I ever made in Honey Select. Maddie is close to her though, I love her abs...

Reactions: Jeishii

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
For 0.2 I will include the mac version directly!

3.90 star(s) 249 Votes