HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Depends. I want to be able to self-insert in stories I like. So a weird looking MC ruins it for me.
I mean look at Sunshine Love. MC there looks like a dweeb.
Couldn't finish it because of that.
Oh, don't even get me started on how at least 90% of all MC models look like a toothpick to me.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
I honestly can't imagine MNF showing the MC's face, something about it just seems wrong.

Saying that I honestly couldn't imagine Once in a Lifetime without the MC's ugly face, a lot of that game's comedy relies on the MC's reactions to stuff.

It really depends on the game's style imo.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Don't worry little fembot.

It's just some of those reviews give me even more depression.
I'll manage though.

I started a fresh replay of MNF to make me happy again.
I know what you mean. Sadly, one star reviews rarely help you with improving some aspects that people might not like, they seem to just exist to shit on the game and/or the dev ( which is very obvious the case in my game especially ^^ )

I don't mind low star ratings in general but the sad reality is that you almost never get constructive criticism out of them. It's just "This game is shit, the writing is shit and the dev is shit for making this game." which usually doesn't help anyone in the long run. That is usually the tl;dr of one star reviews and I tend to just hit ignore on the user after I read them purely because anything he or she might say will never help me improve as a dev. Especially when said person likes all the other one star reviews and has a general tendency to rate every game on this site low.

That is just my two cents though, everyone is of course free to express their opinion here any way they want to.

Edit: Oh, I forgot the usual "I don't know why this game..." sentence they start with :D.

Last edited:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
There are some crazy people in this forum, I've seen a dev stalk about how some people message him threatening him with bad reviews if he doesn't add the fetishes that they want.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
There are some crazy people in this forum, I've seen a dev stalk about how some people message him threatening him with bad reviews if he doesn't add the fetishes that they way want.
Oh? I thought I was the only one getting those :D it usually is someone that pledged for my highest tier and then demanded for his character ( when I still had that option ) to be fucked by other dudes. When I said no they asked for a refund and said they will badmouth me as a dev for not keeping a promise. Also had my fair share of insulting dms or death threats over the years.

I think the rating in general on f95 works fine. If you don't like something you give it a one star rating and that's it. But what I personally prefer if someone doesn't like certain aspects of the game is him or her offering constructive criticism to maybe fix that for the future ( or the next game ). Sadly, like I said above, that is almost never the case with one star ratings.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Oh? I thought I was the only one getting those :D it usually is someone that pledged for my highest tier and then demanded for his character ( when I still had that option ) to be fucked by other dudes. When I said no they asked for a refund and said they will badmouth me as a dev for not keeping a promise. Also had my fair share of insulting dms or death threats over the years.

I think the rating in general on f95 works fine. If you don't like something you give it a one star rating and that's it. But what I personally prefer if someone doesn't like certain aspects of the game is him or her offering constructive criticism to maybe fix that for the future ( or the next game ). Sadly, like I said above, that is almost never the case with one star ratings.
Yeah the dev I mentioned was for the same reasons people wanted him to add the three letter fetish to his game and he doesn't want to. I guess that stuff is more common than I thought. Personally if I don't have anything positive to say about a game I just leave it alone and try to find something else to play.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
That is a good way of seeing things. I usually avoid games that don't have a harem path for example. That doesn't mean that games that don't have a harem path or any other thing I dislike are bad, it's just not something I would enjoy playing so I rather avoid it. The same goes for games that give you certain warnings before you start them. When I read that the game will feature this or that that I might not like, I will just ignore it and move on.

Here is a little video that a lot of people might need that end up shitting on us devs for something they want in the game but will never get ( P.S: It's a joke :D )

View attachment redditsave.com_some_certain_sub_could_learn_from_this-mglkuumhldn61.mp4

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Speaking of bad reviews there's always the great ones which are: "I know this game isn't meant for me, and I don't like the game's main fetishes, but I'ma review it anyway and give it one star".

You don't need to review every game out there, there are a few games I've played on this site and have deleted from my hd not too long after unzipping them, but it's usually just cos they're not games I'd ever enjoy.

Imo the only real reason to give a game a one-star review is if it is being deceptive or agressively terrible, like throwing ads in your face or claiming to have tags that it doesn't fulfil (or not declaring important tags, especially the dreaded three letter tag)

One-star reviews are usually just as useless as someone giving a five-star and just filling the minimum characters with stuff that doesn't actually help people decide whether to play said game.

Reviews should be there to help people get a general understanding of the quality of the game if they have already been drawn in by something.

Saying that, I can't remember what game it was (could have been motherless?) but a one-star review actually made me play a game here once as everything they put in the "cons" section of their "review" was something I wanted :p.

Reactions: Killer7

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
The problem with giving feedback is that most Devs, basically everyone that has a good number of patreons, don't give a fuck about feedback.
I usually avoid games that don't have a harem path for example
Same, I only play 1 game at the moment that is not a harem game or at least something like a harem.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I just checked the list of games I play and yeah I don't have any game there that doesn't have a harem path.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
That is a good way of seeing things. I usually avoid games that don't have a harem path for example.
Same, I only play 1 game at the moment that is not a harem game or at least something like a harem.
I just checked the list of games I play and yeah I don't have any game there that doesn't have a harem path.
Thirded Fourthed, I honestly can't think of any games I play that don't at least have a harem path (I honestly like pure unavoidable harems (hell, I basically treat MNF as a kinetic novel :p )) in fact there're games I've deleted because I got a feeling they were too "path-y" (AQA and tales of unity come to mind)

• Haha
Reactions: Repuci

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Yeah when a game has too many paths it's not for me either, I don't want to have a bunch of different saves to enjoy the game's full content.

3.90 star(s) 250 Votes