RadtheMan

Aug 5, 2019
Finally got fully caught up on this one, quite a ride. While the relationships here don't fully tick the polyamory boxes (MC is the only directly active partner for everyone else), I do like that several characters - and definitely Sandra in particular - display an attribute called 'compersion'.

Compersion is, in a way, the opposite of jealousy - feeling gratitude and fulfilment from another person's enjoyment of something (or someone) you also enjoy. Sandy's total openness to MC enjoying other women really embodies that, I greatly appreciated seeing it over and over.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Finally got fully caught up on this one, quite a ride. While the relationships here don't fully tick the polyamory boxes (MC is the only directly active partner for everyone else), I do like that several characters - and definitely Sandra in particular - display an attribute called 'compersion'.

Compersion is, in a way, the opposite of jealousy - feeling gratitude and fulfilment from another person's enjoyment of something (or someone) you also enjoy. Sandy's total openness to MC enjoying other women really embodies that, I greatly appreciated seeing it over and over.
Yes, compersion is one of Sandra's superpowers. It's probably the closest to polyamory we can come in a male protagonist game. With the NTR-phobic, and "Alphas (like me) don't do that," crowd, MC compersion is a real challenge to pull off successfully.

I have a long way to go, but I'm motivated to develop Daz and Ren'py skills in order to create a couple of polyamorous stories I have bouncing around in my brain.

RadtheMan

Aug 5, 2019
Yes, compersion is one of Sandra's superpowers. It's probably the closest to polyamory we can come in a male protagonist game. With the NTR-phobic, and "Alphas (like me) don't do that," crowd, MC compersion is a real challenge to pull off successfully.

I have a long way to go, but I'm motivated to develop Daz and Ren'py skills in order to create a couple of polyamorous stories I have bouncing around in my brain.
That would be great, I'd love to play a proper-poly game.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
That would be great, I'd love to play a proper-poly game.
Thanks for the encouragement. I still have to come up with challenges for the characters, but one vehicle I'd like to use is having the household be the protagonist in that you'll see scenes and make decisions as various members of the household. For instance, whoever is doing the exploring, meeting new people.

Killer7 has been a big inspiration for this. Like you said, his work is probably one of the closest we've had to poly so far. I just need to get my new hard drives connected to give me more work space (or delete some of the 313gb of AVNs I have on my 500gb hdd).

The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018
I ended up replaying to see what happens if you go the pet route with Tanja I got to the point where I had to choose to make her my girlfriend, cum dump, or end it. I was really disappointed seeing I had to do one of those and I couldn't just keep the pet relationship. I went back for the pet route because i was hoping it'd be a dom sub relationship but as it progressed the mc started saying things like "I'm not comfortable spanking her" and I'm just sitting here thinking why have this option if it's gonna be half assed. it made me wish I didn't go back to see what that option did at least then I wouldn't have the disappointment.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Maybe it isn't in my own best interest to say this, but Daz and Ren'py aren't really that hard to learn. Especially the basics. There are plenty of people around to help with more advanced things. The hardest thing is bringing your idea to life through your words.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dragon59

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I ended up replaying to see what happens if you go the pet route with Tanja I got to the point where I had to choose to make her my girlfriend, cum dump, or end it. I was really disappointed seeing I had to do one of those and I couldn't just keep the pet relationship. I went back for the pet route because i was hoping it'd be a dom sub relationship but as it progressed the mc started saying things like "I'm not comfortable spanking her" and I'm just sitting here thinking why have this option if it's gonna be half assed. it made me wish I didn't go back to see what that option did at least then I wouldn't have the disappointment.
The pet route is abandoned...

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
The pet route is abandoned...
I honestly think that the game would lose pretty much nothing if the pet/cd route was just completely axed. It's completely out of character for the MC to treat someone like that (outside of defined plays with Fiona and Mary ofc). If it were just "try to reform" vs "never see her again" I think that'd be much more in character.

Saying that, I have never even attempted to go down the pet route, so idk, this is kind of outside of my knowledge about the game (which is otherwise damn-near encyclopedic). It just seems (as I said) out of character for the seemingly endless source of love and forgiveness that is the MC.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Maybe it isn't in my own best interest to say this, but Daz and Ren'py aren't really that hard to learn. Especially the basics. There are plenty of people around to help with more advanced things. The hardest thing is bringing your idea to life through your words.
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I don't think you have anything to worry about. You're doing quite well and to be honest, I'm not risk to you. I expect I'll have a very niche fanbase.
I honestly think that the game would lose pretty much nothing if the pet/cd route was just completely axed. It's completely out of character for the MC to treat someone like that (outside of defined plays with Fiona and Mary ofc). If it were just "try to reform" vs "never see her again" I think that'd be much more in character.

Saying that, I have never even attempted to go down the pet route, so idk, this is kind of outside of my knowledge about the game (which is otherwise damn-near encyclopedic). It just seems (as I said) out of character for the seemingly endless source of love and forgiveness that is the MC.
Yeah, sometimes I wish I had the patience and empathy of this MC. As well as the ability to eat steak or pancakes without concern. I ran the pet route as a branching timeline, but was torn. It was karma/retribution for Tanja, but as many have said, out of character for the MC as he is today.

Reactions: alutarox

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Regarding the pet route: I personally didn't feel comfortable doing that route anymore. It felt too much like corruption and that is just not something I enjoy. I might remove it completely once I'm done with the harem route but I'm not sure yet. So if you enjoyed that route, sorry, but it's just not what I can write without feeling weird.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Regarding the pet route: I personally didn't feel comfortable doing that route anymore. It felt too much like corruption and that is just not something I enjoy. I might remove it completely once I'm done with the harem route but I'm not sure yet. So if you enjoyed that route, sorry, but it's just not what I can write without feeling weird.
I understand. I've come to realize that I'm not a fan of corruption games.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Old Pen&Paper wisdom: if you as a DM are not comfortable with a given situation, throw it out. It is very likely that the players (for the most part) are not comfortable with it either, so nothing is lost.

It's the same here. There are a few who have gone the pet route, but even most of them agree with your reasoning, so it's absolutely fine.

The the Guy

Jun 28, 2018

If it wasn't an option I wouldn't have a problem with it. The problem tho is that it is an option and it's done very badly. I get it'd be out of character for mc to really embrace the whole pet aspect but if you cant stick to the option given then don't make it an option. I even like the idea of at points having the option to switch to a regular relationship but don't just ditch the pet option for it.

Reactions: Dragon59

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
played my new memories yesterday, it was awesome so i decided to start this one.

Good start (played about two hours) but something is buggin me... the age of the characters (maybe its just an issue through the incest patch, dont know)... So as the MC get back to his "new family" he is 18 years old. The Mother decided to leave the MC and 3 years later she gets a new husband an two daughters... (lucy the catgirl is the youngest) but lucy already finished highschool. so she must be 18 too (and of course all characters in the game are at least 18 to prevent law issues)

Yeah iam far away to be a math-genius... but this doesnt work ^^

I would say... to fix "this" just make the MC 21 or 22 years old? Than everything would be just fine i guess...

So its just a little bit off... no problem of course, i can just "oversee" and i will (not the first game with a little age-issue) but as i said, its just bugging me a little bit and could easily be fixed.

Now i will go on with my playthrough, will write a review soon i guess. My impression, it will be a good one.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
There are no specific ages in the game my dude. Becca left MC when he was four years old by the way, so when he was a child. But like I said, there are no specific ages for any of the characters, just that everyone is 18+ :). ( The main reason for that is that I suck with math and making proper ages would be a pain in the ass to deal with, that's why I rather use things like "a few years ago" or "When I was younger" etc :D ).
Oh yeah sorry for that, i just looked again at the start of the game, your are of course right... the MC just moved out at the age of 18 away from his father... dont know why, but i connected that to the move in to the new family, of course that is not right, he lived a while on his own.

So nevermind, all good ^^

Ah one thing i wanted to ask you (not many devs are active in this forum) cause in my new memories its kinda obvious, but i wanted to be sure... you are German? Wenn ja, cool, wenn nicht, auch cool :D Mein Englisch ist scheiße :p

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Oh yeah sorry for that, i just looked again at the start of the game, your are of course right... the MC just moved out at the age of 18 away from his father... dont know why, but i connected that to the move in to the new family, of course that is not right, he lived a while on his own.

Ah one thing i wanted to ask you (not many devs are active in this forum) cause in my new memories its kinda obvious, but i wanted to be sure... you are German? Wenn ja, cool, wenn nicht, auch cool :D Mein Englisch ist scheiße :p
Yeah, many of us were quite worried on his behalf during the worst of the flooding.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Killer7 and EJW

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019

Yep, I'm also German :). That's why I'm happy I can put some little German things in My New Memories ( and provide translations for it, of course ).

Aug 3, 2020
Well it was clear what type of "femdom" she is, so I didnt follow the dialogue totally. I mean dialogue wise she makes a dominant impression anyway. Her actions are very sub like though. Btw I am not saying your game is bad because of that, I think it's just not what the majority of people into femdom would look for.
Imho a truly dominant woman would look for being pleasured and worshipped herself. While Fiona, like typical in many Japanese "femdom" games btw, seems to only care about the MC's orgasm.
I know this is an old message, but I gotta say, at least with me, you hit it right in the nail.
In my opinion, most japanese games suck at doing femdom for that exact reason. In femdom, it's not about you, it's about her.
No wonder most japanese folks don't get that tho...

Reactions: Frosty2000
3.90 star(s) 250 Votes