Raikirigaming

Jun 22, 2020
This game when it started was monthly, what happened? Now it's quarterly, quarterly. Because of the second game? I'll never understand why devs don't finish one game first, then start the other one (I actually understand, $$$), which is one of the reasons I stopped supporting this game and others as well. Although I've lost the lust for this game for quite some time now.
My opinion is exactly the same. I don't like when devs are working on 2 games at the same time because they have to focus on 2 different games, longer update time, sometimes the story is not that good because they are focusing much more on the other game etc.
But I understand that sometimes they need to work on different things because if they keep doing the same thing it gets boring, they burn out, lose their creativity etc.
I just really hope that we could get the 0.23 in summer (maybe in july/august) and then we could get the 0.24 (with the time skip which he mentioned at the end) in this year too. I really really hope that we don't have to wait until next year with the time skip.

Reactions: Vanderer

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Game development is a creative process. Creative projects that you work on for long periods of time to the exclusion of all others tend to get stagnant, and you wind up with problems like writer's block. You'll see this with authors all the time, they'll start a series, and somewhere after a book or two will wind up releasing a side book, or a second series, because they need to let their brains be creative in another direction for a while.

Whether or not dev's start a second project, you're likely to see a slow down of progress because of the above phenomenon, after a certain period of time. I'd much rather the time be spent on a second project I can also enjoy, especially since it usually winds up making the original project better, because new and interesting ideas come to them when they are working on the other thing.

That's just my take on things, though.

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you wonderful people!

Another week, another progress update!

If you are on the discord you probably saw it already, but I shared my first work in progress render of Honey Select 2 Sandra. She is still not finalized, but it should give you a rough idea how she might look in My New Family 2. If you are not on the discord and don't want to join, I added the image to this post as well. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on her. Like I said in another post, the girls in My New Family don't seem to age normally...And the reason for that will be revealed in My New Family 2. It's nothing too scifi or fantasy like, but it will certainly explain something regarding Elaine and the other "older" ladies...

Now, My New Memories. Last week has been very good in terms of work. While writing went better than I expected, rendering also started again so I can catch up. Before that I was mainly focused on writing, so the renders are only at about ~45% of that day, while the writing is at 99% ( I basically just have to finish writing the night event with Anna ). And as you can see from todays render, you will have a nice event with Morgan in the afternoon. During this event she will reveal more about herself and the relationship you two had before the accident - and hopefully will have again after the talk. It's also the first even with Morgan alone if you aren't on the transgender route, so you can look forward to that ( if you are on her being transgender route then you will get the event as well, of course ). I think all in all it's a very wholesome time with her, before you return home where the house might be even fuller now, including some funny and goofy talks you will overhear. Let's just say, the girls have a very interesting way of talking to each other, with clear differences in personality between them ( though some might share a few traits, Lina and Yukiko for example, which is even funnier given their actual relation ). And like I said in a few other progress updates, you will end the evening with Bethany - if you want - and who knows...Maybe you can end it with a special good night kiss? All up to the player, of course. All in all last week has been good in terms of working and I hope that it will continue this week as well.

And I think thats it for now. If anything comes up I'll let you guys know and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. Stay awesome!

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018

Hello there you wonderful people!

Another week, another progress update!

If you are on the discord you probably saw it already, but I shared my first work in progress render of Honey Select 2 Sandra. She is still not finalized, but it should give you a rough idea how she might look in My New Family 2. If you are not on the discord and don't want to join, I added the image to this post as well. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on her. Like I said in another post, the girls in My New Family don't seem to age normally...And the reason for that will be revealed in My New Family 2. It's nothing too scifi or fantasy like, but it will certainly explain something regarding Elaine and the other "older" ladies...

Now, My New Memories. Last week has been very good in terms of work. While writing went better than I expected, rendering also started again so I can catch up. Before that I was mainly focused on writing, so the renders are only at about ~45% of that day, while the writing is at 99% ( I basically just have to finish writing the night event with Anna ). And as you can see from todays render, you will have a nice event with Morgan in the afternoon. During this event she will reveal more about herself and the relationship you two had before the accident - and hopefully will have again after the talk. It's also the first even with Morgan alone if you aren't on the transgender route, so you can look forward to that ( if you are on her being transgender route then you will get the event as well, of course ). I think all in all it's a very wholesome time with her, before you return home where the house might be even fuller now, including some funny and goofy talks you will overhear. Let's just say, the girls have a very interesting way of talking to each other, with clear differences in personality between them ( though some might share a few traits, Lina and Yukiko for example, which is even funnier given their actual relation ). And like I said in a few other progress updates, you will end the evening with Bethany - if you want - and who knows...Maybe you can end it with a special good night kiss? All up to the player, of course. All in all last week has been good in terms of working and I hope that it will continue this week as well.

And I think thats it for now. If anything comes up I'll let you guys know and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. Stay awesome!

Hmmmmm.....I hate to sound like a broken record.....and for what it is worth I absolutely respect the time and effort that Killer7 took to do this and in no way want to bash that or hurt his feelings especially now with concerns towards his health. But honestly I am just not feeling it. I guess it has too much to do with the HS2 difference from HS1 that is so off putting for me. It honestly doesn't feel like the same character, aged up or not. The textures when it comes to the skin and hair seem dry and pale when compared to HS1 and the overall feeling of the model now seems lifeless. I have said it before and I'll say it again, couldn't they just continue with HS1? I know they said it had to do with not enough new assets left over for new environments, but even then rearranging certain assets could make them seem new or different enough. Since it is following the same characters would it have to be drastically different landscapes for the environments even with a time jump? It just feels that sacrificing the character models for environment assets by using a new engine is actually detracting from it instead of adding to it. It just doesn't feel like I am looking at the same character age difference or not.

It just doesn't feel like I am looking at Sandra. Honestly I would prefer playing with it still being HS1 character models at the sacrifice of completely new environments (possibly shifting around assets to make it look new) so that way it feels like I am still interacting with the same characters. I just don't like it. That's my opinion. Hey Killer7, I promised I would be honest, and well that is how I honestly feel.

Last edited:

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I have to say that this HS2 Sandy version tends to look a little younger. Now if this were the design for Sandy's daughter, or one of her daughters, then I would say, yes, I can see that. But well, you do your best for MNF2 and we can' t and shouldn' t ask for more. Apart from that, maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it.

Reactions: Uthuriel

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
You can be honest, thats totally fine, but my decision to make My New Family 2 in Honey Select 2 will stay. I prefer the things I can do with HS2 more and HS1 is just getting to a point where I'm just not happy with how it looks, especially for the lewd animations and stuff.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I like her, of course it's a radical change form HS1 to HS2 so it's a matter of taking time to adjust to this, but I can say that I personally love this new version of Sandra.
What I appreciate the most is the work you did on her, the attention to the details you put, she definitely show the trace of time, if you look under her eyes, the line of the jaw the little detail around the mouth show that, while not drastically, she's more mature now in comparison to her previous version.
Thanks for showing this preview Killer7 can't wait to see all the other girls, and I support your decision to change, it wasn't easy for you, but if HS1 wasn't enough to grant you anymore space to improve, you did the right decision to change. :)

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
If you want a comparison:

unknown (2).png
day117_sandysitlookatyousmiletalk.png

Of course they won't look the same since HS2 is a completely different engine that changes the aesthetics completely as well. The only similarity is that both run on Unity, but thats it. My goal is just to make them "Kinda" Look like they do in HS1 so you can say "Ah, that must be Sandra" or "Oh, that is probably Alice" ( Lucy is easy to recognize because of her cat features )

3.90 star(s) 249 Votes